Reviews for Preferred Stock
sweetlikevanillais chapter 36 . 12/26/2014
This was an amazing story! thank you so much!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 36 . 12/25/2014
Oh, this was *so* well done! I loved the humor: "I didn't fly all this way to watch you drink a lager off the pitch." That made me actually laugh out loud. Love your spare style, your nonchalant depiction of the fascinating world of modern super-rich life, the humanity of all involved, and the great pacing and plotting. So different from most fanfic and so worth the read! Bravo!
judyl1 chapter 36 . 12/25/2014
I think this is one of the best modern Matthew and Mary stories, and it is sad to see it end. Thank you for writing this.
PelirrojaBiu chapter 36 . 12/24/2014
Best Christmas gift ever! So sorry to see this story go, but the last few chapters were finishing it nicely. It was so beautifully written., I will miss your style.
MayLilia chapter 36 . 12/24/2014
What a sweet and beautiful ending! Thanks very much for sharing your talents.
Evangelion10119 chapter 36 . 12/24/2014
Thanks for such a lovely story. I so enjoyed this well thought out and very believable tale of the "next-gen" Crawleys and the various plots of financial intrigue, art crime, and family drama, and am so happy you saw it through to the end!
rc chapter 36 . 12/24/2014
Thank you.
Guest chapter 36 . 12/24/2014
Ohhhh, now I'm going to have to reread the whole thing to reverse-engineer the name...

On Christmas Day two years ago, I posted, "Well, at least we still have Preferred Stock." Thank you so much for maintaining this lifeline for us just when our hearts were breaking. I've now read this fic (over and over, tbh) in three different apartments in two cities. I've read it at work! This was one of the first fics I ever remember reading in which I kept an eye on the scroll bar at right so I could relish how much I still had left to go. What a treat it has been.

Something too that I will remember about this piece is how perfectly spare the writing is. Each word seemed so carefully chosen and placed - nothing was there that you hadn't meticulously considered, that wasn't important in some way, and nothing was there that didn't need to be. The white space and what wasn't said was just as important as what was. As a writer myself, I am in awe of how well you have honed that instinct.

(And, of course, I can never hear about the FT, art forgery or Barcelona again without thinking of PS.)

It seems so insufficient to simply say thank you, but: thank you. If we ever cross paths, the negroni is on me.
Guest chapter 36 . 12/24/2014
An excellent ending to one of the best fanfictions I've ever read. You have serious talent. This was an unexpected but welcome surprise in my inbox, and such a great Christmas present. Thanks for sharing this story with us!
Klarinette49 chapter 36 . 12/23/2014
A perfect way to and a wonderful story. It feels weird to know the journey's over... Thanks for sharing with us!
Jenwren chapter 36 . 12/23/2014
What a wonderful ending, loved the story, will miss it!
Longtime Guest chapter 36 . 12/23/2014
PS proves that fanfiction is more than just a diversion. It can be creative, educational, enchanting and even better than its original source. Thank you for this perfect tale that I have followed and reread for more than 2 years. I love your Matthew and Mary and the world you created for them. Mille grazie, merci, domo arigato, many thanks for taking the time and care to write PS. What a generous Christmas gift you have given to your readers.
Guest chapter 36 . 12/23/2014
This story is what got me into reading fic in the first place. I didn't think it could be this good. Thank you for such a wonderful ending.
Guest chapter 36 . 12/23/2014
Beautiful, loved how you couldn't decide on the baby names. Only one pressing question, what happened to Patrick? Prison,nut house or did he get off scot free.

Thank you for the best modern MM Au I've ever read.
redpeony chapter 36 . 12/24/2014
*sigh* I am going to miss this story so much, but what a lovely ending for these two! Now can I request a spin-off about Eddie and her consulting? Or a glimpse into the lives of the Crawley sisters when they were children? Actually, I'll read anything you write, although I imagine you would want to take a break after this. Thank you for this wonderful work!
1,110 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »