Reviews for Tired of Trying
aruvqan chapter 26 . 5/23/2015
*snicker*
aruvqan chapter 20 . 5/23/2015
Ask any Marine, there are no ex-marines, just marines who are no longer on active service other than one with a BCD/OTH/DD [bad conduct discharge, other than honorable discharge, dishonorable discharge] Actually, calling one an ex-marine is about as insulting as you can get without being deliberately obscene.
aruvqan chapter 5 . 5/23/2015
Hope she kicks Connor's arse!

And I would guess Steph found out about Ranger screwing around from listening to random conversations about him from the guys - guys talk about the damnedest things sometimes and a Ranger booty call would be something talked about.
aruvqan chapter 4 . 5/23/2015
mmmmm wild rice )
aruvqan chapter 3 . 5/23/2015
I am glad Rees is a nice guy .. I have always thought dating someone I worked with a seriously HUGE mistake. I can remember seeing how horrible it was when one of the secretaries at my first job broke up with her boyfriend who worked out in the loading docks ... holy shit. It was bad enough that there were screaming fights, and demands to more or less sort out the friends [because if you are my friend you cant be the friend of that asshole...*eyeroll*] that the plant manager told the office manager to get rid of the secretary [easier to replace than a good dockhand!]

And glad Steph had an epiphany!
aruvqan chapter 2 . 5/23/2015
You can get a limited license at 16 in many states [restricted to various things depending on the state - typically to and from school and an afterschool job, no other kids allowed in the car, or no other kids in the car without an adult over 21, or not after a curfew [frequently 'dark' or 9 pm on school nights] those sorts of limitations until one turns 18. I was an emancipated youth at 16 [I already had a full time job weekends and vacations in my next to last year at school, and in New York State the final year of high school tends to have fewer classes, the only required classes are physical education [sports] and english so I was able to work a half day, and that was enough to pay my living expenses and for a car, so I actually had a legally mandated full license.]

Given how brainless many kids under 21 are, I really do not think I like the idea of a younger kid having access to a ton of death metal hurtling along at full speed while texting!
Sarai chapter 32 . 11/17/2014
I like it!
Retrdtchr chapter 32 . 9/24/2014
A truly beautiful story. I read it eagerly and so glad it was already complete when I found it. If I would have had to wait for updates, think I would have gone crazy. Thank you for yet another fabulous bit of writing.
Stephanie-fan chapter 23 . 12/29/2013
Hello.

There was a tiny mistake in this chapter:

He added, swallowing as he thought about what she'd look like with(out) clothes on.
Stephanie-fan chapter 32 . 12/28/2013
That was an action-filled and testosterone-drenched story.
Sexy, suspenseful and funny. An exciting read with a touching end.
lostaloneNY chapter 32 . 11/16/2013
Thank you...
babesrus2 chapter 32 . 11/1/2013
Not sure how I missed this, but bravo. Definitely going on my favorites list.
Kim's Mum chapter 32 . 10/24/2013
I've just finished reading this story again, and I've enjoyed it just as much as the first time. Hope you are writing a new story soon.
Vulcan Rider chapter 32 . 9/29/2013
Thanks for this wonderful story. I loved how Steph won over all the offices, and I adored how Rees was a gentleman and helped her realize how her actions affected both the men in her life, not only her own.

Also, thanks for the tribute to those lives lost on September 11, 2001. One of the friends from my motorcycling group, Christoffer Carstanjen, was also on Flight 175 that day. It was a day of great loss, so many wonderful people died that day, and so many families were forever changed. The plan to tear a country apart was foiled, though, because it brought a country together in love and support, and also the love and support of many other countries poured in, too.

Anyway, thanks again, for sharing your wonderful story with us.
Maggie M.
alix33 chapter 25 . 8/23/2013
"Ink shovelled piping hot roasted potatoes, carrots, broccoli and green beans onto china plates using a large shiny serving spoon that he'd found in the well equipped kitchen Lester had set up in one of three offices along the back wall of the hanger. His mouth watered as the smell of chicken in a white wine sauce he'd just finished preparing hit his nostrils." - Yum!