Reviews for Difference
Violet911 chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Amer . . . I have no words to say but this.

You are a hero. And that is that.

Wonderful omake for the story Horrible. This truly brought me to tears.
Socbballluvr13 chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
The real title of this story is: Shiran Gets Amer to Wake Up. XD

Seriously, why is his self esteem so low? Why?

I like how it shows Shiran's and Amer's relationship this early on. And sets up for how the Brutal series ended.

I loved it. OWL-F must be squealing with glee.
Obiwanlivesforever chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Darnit, I made an audio review of this (complete with a lot of inelegant blubbering, sobbing and fangirling) but my computer decided to be a jerk and not record it properly. So I will try to recreate it in written form.

JOUUUURNEEEEY JOUUUURNEEEEEY

MY

OH MY SWEET LITTLE

*Bawls and wails for several minutes before continuing*

That was, seriously, one of the most touching, agonizing and heartwarming things you've ever written. This is getting a Crowning Moment of Heartwarming on our TV Tropes page and don't you dare say otherwise. Because it's AMER and IT'S TRUE and -

(Yeah, if you wanted a logical, constructive, coherent review, you're not getting one. :P)

*Deep breath* Okayyy, let me get onto the actual review. Well, unsurprisingly, the first part was incredibly hard to read. I literally want to punch Amer for being so mean to himself. YOU DO NOT TREAT YOURSELF LIKE THAT, YOU WONDERFUL PARAGON OF AWESOMENESS YOU. LISTEN TO MATT. HE IS A GOOD BROTHER. And it's really nice that he got to come along on the V Tour, even if it's just so Amer won't kill himself.

On to District 12 ... that hurt. Thinking of Raivis' father and Esto, all alone ... (wellnotreallycausethey'reonnotdeadtributes'island- *insane cackle of denial*) ... it's just heartbreaking. I can't imagine losing both of your brothers, one by one. AND AMER YOU WERE NOT DAYDRAEMING YOU IDIOT I SWEAR I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS RUBBISH SPEWING FROM YOUR MOUTH- hehehen anyway. It's just like Amer to not memorize his script, haha.

On to District 9 ... well, there's a lot of things I could say, but sor the sake of keeping things civil, I won't.

"So why is the family of the monster left intact, while those who raised good kids, ones who didn't decide to throw away every last virtue they were ever taught, have to suffer worse than I could ever imagine?"

You mean kids who cut off people's fingers for no good reason? -Shot-

The district 8 part made me feel pretty bad for Sadik. Imagine just being called a pawn - that 'launchpad to victory' thing was especially low of the Capitol. I mean, ouch. And about the glasses ... *foams at the mouth and screams obscenities at the Capitol* HOW DARE YOU MAKE HIM LIVE WITH - WITH THAT REMINDER OF -

*Has to be sedated*

*Wakes up*

Aaanyways, moving on. That was a sweet idea Matt had, about the eye surgery. Darn Capitol idiots. *Mutters swear words under breath*

On to District 7...

ESTON'S DEATH WAS NOT YOUR FAULT IN ANY WAY. ALSKDJFALKSDVGJNLAESKJFAL IT WAS ALL VAHN'S FAULT LASKDJFALSDKJFALSKDJF HOW ARE YOU TO BLAME FOR HIS HIDEOUS CRUELTY SLDFKAJDFALSKDJFLAKSJEF-

*Sedated again*

*This is a really long review*

Awww, that was sweet of Eston's mom. Listen to her, Amer! Listen to Matt, as well! He sounds like an amazing brother to have, so sweet and supportive. The detail about him getting angry because Amer was implying that he didn't count was especially good. It's really realistic to imagine his patience wearing thin and some of his pain breaking forth. He's got a really good point, too. Poor kid. :(

Haa, I laughed at "your hair's so freaking long it can hide a cut." Froooonce D:

"I shoved my own glasses into Sadik's throat, but that wasn't entirely evil because I thought I was protecting my friends. And then Raivis running obviously isn't my fault because he runs at everything, which I apparently didn't know by then. I led Eston straight into Vahn's pickaxe, but that's not really my fault because I didn't think he would die when I went after Vahn. I sure did some terrible things to Vahn, but I wasn't in my right mind, so I can't be blamed for that, either. I never even met Natalya, so there's no way I'm completely responsible for her death. I tried my hardest to make sure Fronce wouldn't get an infection, so he's off the list. And I only let Igris die because I'm such an amazing hero that I couldn't bring that pain on my family."

Yup, that's how I see it! ;D

SHIRAN DOES NOT WANT YOU DEAD AND GUTTED

Nice to see cute little Perdita get a mention.

OH AMER MY BABY DON'T CRY (yes, I was literally wailing and screaming like this while reading. My mom asked me what was wrong.)

Awww, the little flick on the forehead was adorable. And - and - he fulfilled Igris' dying wish - sooo sweet and cute and sad at the same time ...

SHIRAN YOU LITTLE ANGEL YOU ARE ADORABLE

*Reads about edited footage and gasps* B-b-b-but - did you think that up yourself? Or did I say it on the forums and give you the idea? (I seriously can't remember.) Cause I was going to put that in my story! About the Capitol editing the footage to make it seem like Amer killed Igris! Oh my gosh continuityyyyy~~

OHHHH THIS IS SO SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! SENTIMENT THIS STRONG MUST BE EXPRESSED SOLELY IN CAPSLOCK! SHIRAN SAYING IGRIS DIDN'T HAVE ANY FRIENDS EXCEPT FRONCE - AND THAT HE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO KEEP GOING IF IT WASN'T FOR AMER - AND THAT HE MEANT THE WORLD TO HIM - OHHHHHHHHHHH *Feels heart burning with joy and emotion*

"I just lost my big brother, watched him die right in front of you. If I thought it was even a little bit your fault, I would hate you. But I don't. The Capitol killed him, Amer. You didn't. If you're going to believe that from anyone, it should be from me."

YES! THE GLORIOUS TRUTH! LISTEN TO IT, AMER! LISTEN TO IT AND BELIEVE IT! THE CAPITOL (andvahn) IS TO BLAME FOR ALL THIS SUFFERING! NOT YOUUUUUUUUUUU~~~~~~!

"I'll still be crying for Igris every day, but at least he lost to a hero like you."

oh gosh. i can't. i'm done for. *Turns into the emotional equivalent of a human hosepipe*

Shiran, you are the bravest, kindest, most forgiving person on earth. (And yes, ShabuShamu, I will definitely give him Mature for His Age! :D)

All the 'somehows' at the end ... how he goes over all this allies and sees how he made them happy ... GWUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH AMER RAIVIS ESTON FRONCE IGRIS I LOVE YOUUUUUUU BEYOND WORDS!

So in conclusion, thank you for writing this amazing bit of mastery. It makes the ending of Horrible so much easier to live with and it's a joy to see these wonderful characters again.

... Oh, and the audio file I made totally wasn't saved as "The Amazing Heroism of Amer," kthxbai.
synonymsforempathy chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Amer...*wipes the waterworks away*

man, for some reason, this makes me feel really sorry for Sadik and all...I mean, he tried to keep his honor in the Games, but he ended up being called a "pawn" and insulted...harsh, you stupid Capitol idiots, HARSH.

Oh, Shiran, so mature...for his character sheet, I'm gonna have to beg Obiwan to put "Mature for His Age". 'Cuz really, he is.
FallingDown98 chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
AW! YES! YES AMER, YOU ARE A HERO! This is so sad I'm crying right now! I love all your hetalia- hunger games fanfics! They are sooo AMAZING! I have to ask...Are you planning on making a "What If..." for Miserable? I would definitely read it. Anyways...Love the story! Love Amer! Love you as an author!
Lord Axxingtons chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
First half: JOURNEY I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT DID OBIWAN DO TO DESERVE THIS ;A;

And then suddenly, I remembered why I love you. Oh... Amer... yes, you were a hero, you were, you were! *picks up and spins around whilst wiping tears from eyes*
Juan Pujol Garcia chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Thank you, this helps amer so much...
Uryuu-Nipaa chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
;_; Poor Amer. This is beatifully written and very sad and it almost made me cry. You're amazing.