Reviews for Ship of Fools
TheRedScreech chapter 1 . 3/18
What a wonderful, little story! I especially liked how you wrote it without using the past participle. Also, Qui-Gon learned a lesson and his padawan still lives. :)
equine 14 chapter 1 . 7/25/2016
One of my face. F
Good old fashioned obi-whump, so satisfying... Thanks!
HedgehogJawn chapter 1 . 5/25/2016
Hello! I hope you don't mind my reviewing so late, but I just found this story and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Those poor Jedi boys! You wrote them so well and my heart went out to them both.
Piper1996 chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
Obi Wan says i have a bad feeling about this alot doesn't he? Then again being drug around on missions with Qui Gon and dealing with Anakin and the war... there was alot to give him bad feelings.
Qui gon must feel absolutely horrid about how Obi got sick.
XandyNZ chapter 1 . 5/14/2015
H/c is right... All the master and padawan bonding is awesome too...
Brievel chapter 1 . 4/14/2015
You know, I really love all your stories I've read so far...
ErinKenobi2893 chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
Aren't ordinary people iadorable?/i
...
Oh wait, no ordinary peoples here... except for the medical staff. Silly Erin. :-P
*sigh* Anyway, this was just so sweet... You should do a piece in "Growing Pains" where Qui-Gon has a cold, or something. I mean, you've done stories where Qui-Gon was injured, but never one where he was sick. Can you imagine the snark? X-P
JustBlossom chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
I love this story. The characterizations of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon were perfect, and I loved the way you switched between the present and Qui-Gon's flashback sort of thing :)
Rumbleroar'sSlumberingCubs chapter 1 . 6/28/2013
I deeply enjoyed this story! Clearly you are a wonderful writer and you perfectly demonstrated the relationship between Qui and Obi! Wonderful!
time2read chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
Brilliant story! Ugh Qui Gon should pay more attention to his awesome padawan. Obi wan would never miss read Anakin like that!
Nanuk chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Awww, what a great story! I love how you describe/ write their interaction! Way to go!
Eruhin chapter 1 . 4/17/2013
Well, it seems that by the time of the Phantom Menace Qui-Gon managed to forget about his very sensible resolution to pay attention to his Padawan's bad feelings and we all know how it ended. I'm glad no one died this time at least ;) Obi-Wan's wish for a warrior's death melted my heart too and I loved it that Qui-Gon was able to grant it in the end (the warrior part, not the death one of course). All in all it was a very enjoyable read :)
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Like how you went back and forth between medcenter and what happened, also liked interaction and the slight mystery over what Obiwan had gotten up to, how he'd gotten ill when they were all dead and Quigon hadnt and the solution to the illness regarding the blood-type. Especially liked how you showed Quigon as the one in the wrong here and his apology to Obi...his recollections had just the right amount of self-flagellation, angst for Obi and humour and humility at the end...was the transcribed report meant to serve as a type of punishment for himself where otherrs would see his being in the wrong 'in person' as it were rather than as cold type on a 'page'?
dragonpearlz chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
OMG - that's so sweet. I usually like when Qui-Gon is the hurting party, and in this one he is - even though Obi-Wan is the sick person. 3 it
rowen raven chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Love the shameless H\C! Nothing like a self-recriminating Qui Gon over a hurt Obi Wan. It feeds the sadist in me, lol.

Anyways, a lesson learned the hard way, for Qui Gon. What is so sad about the whole mess, is not that the kid almost died nor that he thought Qui Gon didn't care about consequences; but that in his reprimand and rebuke of 'focus on the moment' and 'compassion' Qui Gon makes Obi Wan second guess himself to the deepest foundation of his ability of being a Jedi. He made Obi Wan feel wrong, up to the point he believed he is a bad or insufficient Jedi and he offers so little to assure the Padawan other wise. That is the real tragedy in the story.