Reviews for Disillusioned
meg527 chapter 1 . 6/26
This is wonderful! Thank you!
Blue night fairy chapter 1 . 4/21
I'm so glad you gave this story a happy ending, because I would of cried so much if you hadn't. This story is so emotionally moving. Well done.
DragonIris chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
Excellent story. Original and so well written. This has easily become one of my favorite Severus/Hermione stories. I really wish you had written some others.
RhodaBush chapter 1 . 7/15/2014
please do a sequel !
liljennmartin chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
Wow...Great writing with a creative story!
kathyjo chapter 1 . 9/3/2013
bravo, lovely story :)
Fervidus'cello chapter 1 . 5/6/2013
This is such a wonderful story. Every time I stumble upon it I have to read it again.
Do you have any more stories? your writing and character portrayal are really very good and I'd really like to read more from you.
ExAmoreDolorem chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
This was terribly sad. The hopeful ending was a necessary addition in my opinion.
Snapeschick64 chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Absolutely love happy endings! Thanks.
aurelia37 chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
That was really lovely!
Delphi Psmith chapter 1 . 6/12/2012
Ah, the foolishness of youth :) It's not often you get to see Hermione's weaknesses, and this was beautifully done.

"She doesn't want a boring teacher, she wants a spy. She doesn't want someone who has needs, she wants a man of unfathomable aloofness. She doesn't want him. She wants a legend. She needs to be with that person like she needs the air she breathes."

Hero worship isn't really a good foundation for a long-term relationship, no.

"Then he walks out the door and leaves her to the misery that she'd so looked forward to."

Ouch. And yet quite credible as you've drawn the characters.

"He's perfectly balanced on the point between utter relaxation and impending disaster that any parent experiences watching their child at play. "

LOL! So true :)

"Isn't he? I find I can't seem to reach the end of my pride whenever I look at him. I think it might still be relief. I spent the entirety of the pregnancy suffering from the recurring nightmare that my wife would give birth to a giant nose."

LOL! I like Sev now that he's confident enough to be a little self-deprecating.

"Being your son, I'm sure he'll overcompensate spectacularly."

Heh heh heh. No doubt.

"Whenever I think about something truly humiliating that I've done in the past, I can't help but make these strange little squeaking noises." She twists her hands together until her fingernails turn white. "I squeak a lot when I think of you."

Awww.

This was really well done: heart-tugging without being heavy-handed and all the emotions ring true. It's nice to see both of them growing up a bit in different ways. I have hope for them!
arnoldd001 chapter 1 . 5/13/2012
Love it.
magalena chapter 1 . 4/13/2012
Wow! Wonderful story, so rich with emotions. I was worried for a while that it was going to have a sad ending and I really do love my HEA's. But you were able to pull it off in the end. Maybe not something all sunshine and butterflies, but a hopeful ending with the promise of things to come.

I really loved how you showed Severus' emotions, and how he wanted more than anything just be a normal guy, not the spy, not the icon, not the star-crossed lover, just a normal guy. God, somehow that makes him even more sexy! And how by then end of the story we see how Hermione has matured and realized what she lost. Yes there is hope at the end. Beautiful story, my dear.
Seyfert chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
I really like this story :)

It illustrates perfectly how life often is far from perfect, and how adapting to these imperfections can be more rewarding than having something perfect from the start.
mrs.milfoy chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Wow. What a great find! I love a tale that deals with reality, which is not always so sweet. And with Snape, it's hard to imagine anything being always sweet. All relationships come with complications, and you expressed that very well here. I think you latched onto something I've been through myself in my own misguided youth, and I doubt I'm the only one. Tremendous story, really. I hope to see more from you!