Reviews for The Wrong Thing?
Ladyaloysius chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
Went thru this myself! Know how he feels!
starjems88 chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Loved it :)
Aeidhryn chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Tim has no regrets, and we love him for it! *glomp*

FYI: A glomp is a weird cross between flying tackle and hug.
can o' ashes chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Nice story. Funny reviewers-LOL Sally! You aren't My Dear Aunt Sally that they talked abou in middle school math, are you?

I was surprised that Vance offered Tim the job. Last time I saw a Tim-Vance scene was back when Tim botched the protection detail with the daughter last season, and we got to experience bedraggled!Tim.

I don't mind reading Timfic as long as smug and oily Tim from season 6 doesn't appear in your stories.

Rock on, sir, and let the good times roll.
Junee chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
This is better than the way the show had it...and I think Sally is obsessed with McGee or Sean, maybe she is his stalker or an old girl friend that he dumped! She just can't seem to ignore stories about him.
NotAvilable chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Sally, sweetie, if you don't like McGee, stop reading stories about him.

Now, to Enthusiastic Fish, THANK YOU I was like "what the heck? McGee might be going to JAPAN people!"

Wonderfully written (as usual) and great tie in.

Thank you for writing.
Sally chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
And why should they be all caring about McGee staying when McGee himself didn't think Tony was a great leader when Gibbs left? Or he wasn't all that happy that he came back after he had the plague? McGee doesn't care about Tony at all. He thinks he's so much better that Tony because he went to MIT and John Hopkins and Tony only has a Phys Ed degree. He's always telling Tony about his degrees remember that one episode that Tony said not to mix those two ingredients together and McGee told him I went to John Hopkins and it blew up in his face. Tony told him not to and just because he's so much smarter than Tony he did it anyways. Tony knew and yet McGee ignored him.
Sally chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Why would Gibbs know that McGee got a promotion? Unless McGee told him, or Vance he would have no idea. It's like Tony's promotion he had no clue then. If he didn't know about Tony's promotion what would make you think that he would know about McGee's? He's more close to Tony that he ever will be to McGee. Gibbs know's Tony's masks and why he hides behind them.
Kristi chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
excellent, excellent! I was kinda sad that they put that subplot in the episode :/ they didn't do it justice...but u just did :D
Hope06 chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
this was awesome very well done

"You ever stop to think that they were letting you choose for yourself because they didn't want to ruin your chances by asking you to stay?""

good point i know that tony understood just how hard a decision it was that mgee was making. and ziva did as well in a different way.

Gibbs is proud of mcgee and i hope he never forgets that!

AWESOME!
stareagle chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Loved this tag - you framed McGee's distress perfectly. I loved his conversation with Gibbs, also well done. Thanks for the glimpse of their relationship. I agree with your point of view!
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Nice to see some of what Gibbs learned apply to Tim.
TawnyShyrell chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
I totally agree with you! It seemed as though no one cared about Tim possibly leaving. They didn't have to change much about the episode, just one person saying 'I'm glad your staying' would have done the trick.

Tony lost interest as soon as he found out what Tim was hiding. And Ziva, it seemed that she was almost begging Tim to leave. Gibbs, well, considering what he was going through, he can be forgiven this once.

I'm just glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way.

Thanks for the story to tie things up, even if its just for us fanfiction readers!
Gottahavemyncis chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
THANK YOU! After I came down from the high of watching #200, I realized that there was so much crammed in, Tim's subplot didn't amount to much and of course that was likely his quota of plot time for the season :(. I actually wondered why they bothered putting it in. When Tim told Tony, I took a deep breath and said ok, this is what's been going on, why he wasn't interviewed, why he wasn't in any of the #200 photos, why he's never involved in anything, Sean's leaving the show. If not (and I'm so glad he's not) what did this whole subplot mean, why did they have it in there in the first place? My best guess is the rest of it was sacrificed for time and got left on the cutting room floor. I like your description the "subplot to nowhere". So once again, thank you for this much needed tag.
Icky Wick chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Excellent story! Last night's episode made me worry about Tim's place, now and in the future, on his team. He didn't sit with his teammates (and Abby!) in the diner booth. The real-life teammates didn't look like they gave a rat's tail if Tim stayed or went. Is Sean Murray's contract due to expire soon?

I thought this tag was swell. It did complete the story arc on the show without being too maudelin or heavy-handed, but while giving this some positive finality that Tim fans like myself missed out on.

You work fast, but thank goodness you do! This is a story well worth reading. Too bad this wasn't part of the episode, and that the episode wasn't long enough to accommodate the story line.