Reviews for Beside the Golden Door
jk chapter 1 . 3/12/2016
I loved this story. I remembered hearing of evens like this in school. Real history with Edward and bella, it was perfect!
janiqs chapter 1 . 1/31/2016
Brilliant! Loved this story. Thank you!
Moltz chapter 1 . 1/13/2016
Looking up the Age of Edward contests, I found this amazing story.
I appreciate an author blending in true historical facts in their storylines. It makes the reading all the intense.
Thank you for sharing this part of you through thoughts and words. I really enjoyed reading this entry.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/5/2015
Thank you for working these dreadful facts into a story. I have read abut the tragedy for many years. Thank you for a happy ending for Bella and Edward. In those days the union was really needed and did a lot of good. It was only much later that they became corrupt and over extended themselves and their policies.
MyladyNancy chapter 1 . 10/3/2015
You did a beautiful job memorializing a turning point in American history for factory workers. and the immigrants. thank you
Wooleywews chapter 1 . 9/15/2015
Wow! What a great way to honor the terrible events of that time. What a wonderfully written tale! Thank you for sharing this.
dianscot chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
Sickening. And this is still happening in the world. Bangladesh. No one cares. Enough anyhow.

Well done.
ceceprincess1217 chapter 1 . 10/21/2014
OMG! This was amazing! Glad I found you at the NYC meet up!
PoppyMay chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
oh that was so sweet but so sad as well! You're a very talented writer! :)
Barbarastaff chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
I just discovered this little gem...thanks for sharing it with us. :)
debslmac chapter 1 . 5/8/2014
poor Alice. This was so sad. loved it though
meelee72 chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
I LOVED this story... altho the fire threw me for a loop. Broke my heart to pieces.
U did an amazing job w/ the characters & their voices.
I'm so sad for the loss of MaryAlice, but she knew what she was doing... wow. She sent her friend off to the love of her life, knowing she, herself, wouldn't make it out.
Sad for Bree also. :(
Outstanding tale.
Mell C chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
Great historical story. Tragic and sad. But so well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
i am crying. so sad. wish alice didnt die. so, many twists into this little story. well done
ChristyWIX chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
Such a sad and tragically avoidable event. I remember learning this story when I was growing up. It was horrific to me then and still is now. So unnecessary for them to have died. Locked doors to make sure your workers don't leave without permission. What an awfully disgusting thing to do to them.

Really good Tory you wrote here. Thank you for it.