Reviews for Beside the Golden Door
Jabba1 chapter 1 . 6/5/2012
This was just heartbreakingly lovely.

Great job.
CdrIvanova chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
Powerful story ... great way to include some real history in a fictional work. Thank you!
CynMar Rom chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
oh sweet lord, that is horrible :/ poor souls... it broke my heart hon, which I guess means you did a great job :)

Much love!
ScottishRose1028 chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
As I began reading this, I wondered if Bella would be finding work at the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory - and I was right.

I've always admired the women that survived that tragedy; I did a paper on the fire in HS and in college.

This was beautifully written - as are all of your other stories. XOXO
SnapCrackledThePop chapter 1 . 4/29/2012
I don't live in NY so I didn't know the streets, but as soon as Bella said they were to be locked in I knew what was coming. It's just horrible. Those victims never had a chance to live. This story made me cry because there could have been a real Mary Alice.

You did a great job!
bklover08 chapter 1 . 4/9/2012
Fascinating story beautifully done to encompass the immigrant conditions in that day and age. Lovely and sweet. Thanks for this ;)
sparklevampFTW chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Oh my lord this was amazing. I cried so hard when you depicted Alice's death. I loved Alice's character. Ireland suits her. :)
sfspeedy chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
Thank you for this one shot. I remember the story of The Triangle Shirtwaist Fire very well. The building has been part of the NYU campus for many years now. The school is my alma mater and I remember attending an Italian class there in the early 90's.

Best wishes!
songster chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
This was amazing and for reasons that you would not ever conceive. I worked for a Jewish doctor back in the 70's whose mother and aunt were in this fire. I remember him describing the conditions his mother had described to him and when I realized this is what you were writing about, I got goose bumps. Very interesting concept and great execution and great pick of beta, js. LOL.
jessica158363 chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Wow, I really loved this story. I love the historical pieces that have some real facts in them. This was a great story!
kmfroggi chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
wow...truely amazing and i loved that you used true facts. awesome job
Lemon Charlotte chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Congratulations on your win :) I am from Manchester ('ish) and was fascinated by Ellis Island when I visited NYC. A lovely read.
mad4hugh chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Lovely story!
AG0418 chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
I miss you :) I mean, I don't really know you, so, I can't really miss you, but I sure do miss your weekly updates. You are one of my favorite authors and I'm grateful you continue to share your stories with us :)
Rebadams7 chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Brilliant and beautiful

a great way to remind us of what we have!

and how hard our ancestors worked and braved

to reach that golden door!

Reb