Reviews for Beside the Golden Door
sparklevampFTW chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Oh my lord this was amazing. I cried so hard when you depicted Alice's death. I loved Alice's character. Ireland suits her. :)
sfspeedy chapter 1 . 3/30/2012
Thank you for this one shot. I remember the story of The Triangle Shirtwaist Fire very well. The building has been part of the NYU campus for many years now. The school is my alma mater and I remember attending an Italian class there in the early 90's.

Best wishes!
songster chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
This was amazing and for reasons that you would not ever conceive. I worked for a Jewish doctor back in the 70's whose mother and aunt were in this fire. I remember him describing the conditions his mother had described to him and when I realized this is what you were writing about, I got goose bumps. Very interesting concept and great execution and great pick of beta, js. LOL.
jessica158363 chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Wow, I really loved this story. I love the historical pieces that have some real facts in them. This was a great story!
kmfroggi chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
wow...truely amazing and i loved that you used true facts. awesome job
Lemon Charlotte chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
Congratulations on your win :) I am from Manchester ('ish) and was fascinated by Ellis Island when I visited NYC. A lovely read.
mad4hugh chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Lovely story!
AG0418 chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
I miss you :) I mean, I don't really know you, so, I can't really miss you, but I sure do miss your weekly updates. You are one of my favorite authors and I'm grateful you continue to share your stories with us :)
Rebadams7 chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
Brilliant and beautiful

a great way to remind us of what we have!

and how hard our ancestors worked and braved

to reach that golden door!

Reb
Beanie Cullen chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
Very poignant and your attention to detail is, as always, breathtaking. It's obvious you research all of your stories thoroughly before writing them and it makes them feel like an immersion into another time.

I loved it and thank you so much for writing.
moonCarol chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
What a coincidence. I saw document on History Channel about this fire few weeks ago. You did good job with description and climate.

Pity voting is closed by now :(
The Girl With The Umbrella chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
I loved it! It was really sweet and romantic. Mary Alice's death was very sad but it gave a realistic factor to the story.

Great job!
xIGiveUpx chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
Such a dramatic story. Loved it. You portrayed a tragic event so vividly.
mimimgr chapter 1 . 2/23/2012
this was a great short story. loved it. made me cry.
KeeWit chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
You really brought a horrific event to life.
140 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »