Reviews for Pattern Formation
Meiyo no Ko chapter 1 . 12/10/2013
This was just MADE of win.
poi922 chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
I love this story! I first read it on AO3 and was fascinated by the concept of using the Machine's POV. And that story was written before it became apparent that the showrunners will be giving the Machine some autonomy!
I seriously wonder now if it was the Machine that choose the Asset, and not Finch...
InfinitelyBoredForTheMoment chapter 1 . 10/2/2012
I like this. After the last episode with Finch playing hide-and-seek with the Machine, and the Machine saving Finch from the drunk driver, I felt like the Machine was like his pet or something. A super overly-protective puppy maybe.
delia cerrano chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Clever one shot.
Haiza Tyri chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
I love this. I could hug it. Especially the description of Finch's partner as "the individual who interacted with the world on his behalf."
Reader chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
There is only one word to describe this story: AWESOME!
storm9449 chapter 1 . 2/22/2012
I find the way the machine is portrayed in a way that makes it seem as if it cares when in fact it cannot fascinating, very well written.
bby chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Well done! Clever idea.
Nana56 chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
The part of this that is Finch POV sounds JUST LIKE HIM! Like the show, it makes my brain hurt when he talks. lol

Excellent!
Frost Deejn chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
I love the idea of the Machine achieving the first blush of artificial intelligence, and of it selecting Reese for Finch. Brilliant.
Mamahub chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
Excellent story and very well written. You'll have to continue after "Wolf and Cub" since The Machine has now upgraded (downgraded?) Reese from an Asset to a possible Threat to Admin.
timenspace chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
I must give you kudos, a handshake, a high-five whatever the digital equivalent may be.

A point of view from a computer, especially a super-computer like The Machine - is the least to say complicated.

I think you pulled it off beautifully. :D
SeveRemus chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
LOVE it! The Machine as Matchmaker. Makes my subroutines run at peak efficiency... _

Did you notice at the beginning of "The Super" episode, the Machine was "searching for Asset"? After which it zeroed in on Reese... Just pondering ponderables...
Evesgreenleaf chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Different but I like it
Equal-Opportunity-Reader chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
I'm not sure whether to be slightly creeped out by that ending or not.