Reviews for Transition
IFacebookedYourMum chapter 19 . 8/23/2012
Sat up late at night to finish this in one go; so glad I did! It's pretty rare nowadays to get TT fic ...
obsessivereader95 chapter 19 . 8/22/2012
it's terra, isn't it? stupid girl... i just have to comment on the emotion of this piece. it's exquisite! you're very talented. i love this story very much!
ssjeasterbunny chapter 7 . 8/19/2012
Damn this is some intense writing. You're so good at conveying the tension between Raven and Beastboy. I also love your pacing-the way you change the mood on a moment's notice. Probably the best example is right before they teleported to find Wally, when Raven had the brief nostalgia of her night with Beastboy two years earlier. That short paragraph was beautifully written, and the emotion was introduced in a way that felt just like my mind usually surprises me with nostalgic emotions.
ssjEasterBunny chapter 4 . 8/14/2012
Ooh, so Beastboy's in town and he's about to see Raven while she's on JL business. Little does he know that she's actually on a date with Wally at that very moment.

I'm surprised that Beastboy is so uncomfortable talking about Raven. I'm sure it should be awkward, but it HAS been two years. Also, I liked that bit you wrote about Raven liking Wally's childishness and hey mental note to "analyze that later". Haha, I wonder whom that 'childishness' might be reminding her of...
Miss Topaz chapter 19 . 8/10/2012
Oh. My. Goodness. Now that was a cliffhanger! I have my ideas on what might happen, but won't voice them on the chance that they are dead wrong... Anyway! Nice to see they're getting through to Rose. She's not completely responsible for this, I guess.

It's also nice that Gar and Flash are on pretty good terms now. Yay for two of my favorite characters! But I just can't believe that Terra might have be- Nope! Not going to assume anything. I'm going to give her the benefit of doubt, for now. . And just when I was starting to like her...

Anyway, each chapter just keeps me craving more! Keep up the awesome work! And sorry for not reviewing for a while. I was pretty busy with a summer college class. -_-* But now that's over and I got to go back to reading this awesome story. Can't wait for the next update!
ssjEasterBunny chapter 2 . 8/9/2012
Yep, very same. I wanted to comment on a specific passage in your prologue that I think was a very strong bite of reality. Let's just say that I've been in the very same moment, and what you wrote really rings true.

"There was a slight buzzing in her head, but that could easily be ignored, especially when the green hero beside her was holding her hand to guide her out of the lounge. "...where are we going?" / "Home, Rave." [...] / She bit her lip, mind full of bitterness, of regret. She should have fought harder to maintain the team. She should have explained to Robin that this was her life, that maybe they had become restless, but in reality, she didn't know what to do without them. Raven didn't want to go back to Azarath. She didn't want to leave Earth, let alone this dimension. She loved this place and the people in it. And one of those people was currently dragging her through the empty streets of Jump City. Streetlights reflected off the shine of the asphalt roads, and Raven sighed as the cold air brushed against her cheeks and created goose bumps on her grey skin."

In general, I like your use of alcohol for what it actually is: a disinhibitor. A lot of authors don't want to introduce corruptive EtOH into the Titans world of sunshine, or they do and end up getting their characters plastered. But its truly interesting effects happen at more moderate doses, at which one retains rational thought but becomes disinhibited. Suppressed concerns come to the surface unexpectedly easily. You obviously know this because you wrote about it, and I just wanted to say that you did a great job of using this harsh effect to show just how flawed the Titans' situations really are. To paraphrase what you wrote to me, the imperfections make this whole thing beautifully dissonant.
ssjEasterBunny chapter 2 . 8/8/2012
Finished your prologue, and you handled the bittersweet moments quite well. Things feel beautifully unresolved. You've done a great job handling the Titans as a group and definitely as individuals.

Sorry it took me so long to read this far. Life is busy and I haven't had much reading time. Also, future reviews will probably be longer. And on that note, thanks for your kind words about my story. It's great to find writers that value the same things I do.
Sofia Michelle chapter 19 . 8/6/2012
Terra... Was it her?! No. It cannt be... Jinx? No she doesn't have acces to the Watchtower... Terra! The earthquakes! What do they want with the Egg? Why destroy Earth?! More ASAP
The Cretin chapter 19 . 8/5/2012
Great job. Love how you ended it. I'm keeping my suspicions to myself. Gonna see if you surprise me BWAHAHAHA
Loved the Gar/Wally interaction. Good to see them come to terms.

In The Ravagers, it looks like BB might take a stroll down a dark path. Don't take my word though. Who knows what they have planned. He's having visions of Brother Blood.
Dancing Eyes chapter 19 . 8/5/2012
Growl Terra! Grr...I'll bet she's the evil mastermind here, I don't like that deal she made

Love the new understanding Raven has for Robin and Starfire's concern of each other in battle!

Keep going!
Alchemist15 chapter 19 . 8/5/2012
I'm soo confused, who was asking who at the end?
And what are talking about being released and traitor?
Explain more but otherwise good job :)
tsk91 chapter 19 . 8/5/2012
Gar and Wally make up? That's good for them. And Red tires to get through to Rose. He should try a Care Bear Stare.
MelonLord28 chapter 19 . 8/4/2012
Goodness, reading all these BBRae fics, especially beautifulpurpleflame's, is making me really start to hate Terra. Assuming it is Terra, if it turns out to be Larry causing the earthquakes disregard this review.
Lightest'Ink chapter 19 . 8/4/2012
OHMYGOSH WHO DID IT?!
ssjEasterBunny chapter 1 . 8/4/2012
You had me at your opening author note. A story that focuses first on the characters and their interactions? Count me in. There are so few of us that write this way. As I'm reading your story, would you mind taking a look at one of mine? I recently finished "A Martian Abandon" and it focuses heavily on character interactions, just like yours. Since we have similar interests, it'd be great to exchange opinions on each others' works.
251 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »