Reviews for Final Fantasy: The Spirit Inside
LadyKayoss chapter 19 . 8/18/2009
I went back and re-read this, and it was quite an experience. It reminded me that it's been awhile since I last saw TSW, and yet I'd seen it so often that certain parts are ingrained in my memory. In other words, there'd be scenes where I'd be reading along, remembering dialogue and actions from the movie, and then you'd cleverly twist them around and leave me wondering if it was because you changed it or because my memory is getting faulty in my 'old' age...

I quite enjoyed it! It's been too long since there's been any new TSW fic, and I remember now how I'd always liked this story and was diappointed that you'd vanished. You have some intriguing plot twists here, and the fact that I didn't remember half of them made it feel like I was reading a new story. I hope you continue, and that it won't be another six years before we see chapter 20.

*weakly* Not that I have any room to talk, seeing as how I haven't produced much of anything, either.
Brutal2003 chapter 18 . 10/22/2003
I've just finished reading all of you chapters, and I've got to say its amazing!

They should have had you write the whole movie.
Ovo chapter 18 . 10/21/2003
Horrible! Awful! How could you?

...

Err... Ne'ermind. Shido's lives! H'rah!
LadyKayoss chapter 18 . 10/20/2003
Finally, after such a long wait, we see what happens after that evil cliffhanger you left us with! And I don't think it's bad; you're just too critical of your work. Or I was just so desperate for something new, *anything* looks good... Huh... No, it's the first. It *is* good.
N.L. Rummi chapter 17 . 10/20/2002
Oh, . . . man. That I was *not* expecting!

Poor Eli! A moment of heroic, selfless glory and then - fodder once more! And your cliffhanger! *squeal!* I definitely don't hate you! This chapter was an adrenaline rush and I loved it! (Great job on those highly emotional parts!)

I'm looking forward to what more you have in store for us!
Ovo chapter 17 . 10/17/2002
...

*Twitch*
LadyKayoss chapter 17 . 10/16/2002
This is darned creepy and you're right, I didn't forsee the end to this. Now we have a Phantom Elliot to go with EPH...
weyland-yutani chapter 17 . 10/16/2002
BAD Elliot! Bad, bad, bad! ;) He better not have knocked off Ryan & Sid. A good chapter, can't wait for the next one!
N.L. Rummi chapter 16 . 10/1/2002
Waaah-Hooo! Go Elliot! *G* (I'm so sorry it took so long for me to review this chapter, but I *really* liked it!) Is that the end of EPH? Oh, say it ain't so! (I loved how you switched over into Hein's head to show how he still thought he was talking to his wife. It made for great visuals - I could practically see everything happening!) And Eli is just the *coolest* in this chapter! I can't wait till you update! :)
LadyKayoss chapter 16 . 9/23/2002
I thought I had reviewed this already... I guess it didn't go through. Anyway, this is an *excellent* chapter! Poor Major Elliot. Poor, cool, Evil Phantom Hein... This would have made a great movie.
Ovo chapter 16 . 9/13/2002
I can't quite decide if whether Elliot's condition requires a more optimistic or pessamistic reaction.

I'll settle for "poor him."

And is the spell flare/nuke?
weyland-yutani chapter 16 . 9/12/2002
I really like your writing style. "Second-hand" Elliot is fleshing out as a full character! As Neil Fleming would say:

"This is good!" ;) Keep it up!
LadyKayoss Too lazy to sign in chapter 15 . 9/12/2002
Sorry it took me so long to get to this chapter. You're right; it is a bit on the dry side, but it is necessary to further the action. And the scene aboard the Zeus is nice and creepy. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Ovo chapter 15 . 9/8/2002
Oooh.

So then... does magic gets stronger the more someone uses it rather than over time?

Err... No, I still have no reviewing ability and use the explaination I am currently giving to pad them out a bit.
N.L. Rummi chapter 14 . 9/1/2002
I think that you worked within Elliot's character quite well, considering how little he was in the movie. Aki's interpretation of him as just a "soldier following orders" is right on and I think his sober seriousness suits him. (Especially in his new leadership role now that Hein is - er, - otherwise occupied!)

I was curious about Gray's attitude toward the Major, though - especially in the hostility department. Though a ranking officer does not need to explain his (or his superior's) actions to a subordinate, Gray's attitude seems to demand it. It made for interesting tension (and may lead to the character flaw in the ever-noble Captain Edwards that you were looking for).

Good job as always!