Reviews for 24601
random-k chapter 1 . 9/6/2019
You did Jasper's voice here really well, and his character shone
dpennell007 chapter 1 . 1/3/2019
You make a LOT of good points here.
FlamingMaple chapter 1 . 9/20/2018
The wording here is so crisp I can smell the starch. Perfect. I'm just stunned with the way you've woven these two stories together. Beautiful. Thank you.
Kageyjay chapter 1 . 2/20/2018
Very moving. Jasper was honest with himself when he looked for information on people he killed. Unlike Jasper we know Edward knew how horrible he had been, but he wanted to forget.
lol chapter 1 . 8/1/2017
I've always thought that Edward and Jasper have a complex/difficult relationship. You displayed this just wonderfully, thanks so much!
Purple Silence chapter 1 . 10/12/2015
O, this is really beautiful! It develops Jasper's character more than the books ever did.

Running away from your past, trying to ignore the mistakes you've made won't fix anything.
While so desperately trying to deny what they are, pretending to be something that they are not, the Cullens are willing to look the other way and make excuses for their own wrongs.

Is Edward a better person for only killing criminals? Is it somehow 'less wrong' to murder bad people? Or that merely an excuse to sooth his own guilt.

How can you move forward, when you try to ignore you past? How can you be sorry if you cannot admit your mistakes? How can you love someone if you cannot trust them enough to confide in them? How can you live if you cannot even be honest with yourself?

~J
Jessica314 chapter 1 . 6/5/2014
I remember reading this a while ago, back before I had an account, and I'm glad to find it again! So sad, and yet so hopeful to the reader because we know it didn't end the way Jasper is thinking that it did. And I love how he faces his past instead of trying to swallow it. Edward could learn a thing or two from this.
Cinderfire16 chapter 1 . 11/2/2013
I love this! It's down-to-earth, real point of view that Twilight doesn't really offer because it's all about Bella and Edward and their fantasy lives. Granted the book does a much better job at it than the movie, (Bella is way more in the book.) but all the same, you don't get to see everything. Stephanie Meyer gives you her script and the rest you have to figure out for yourself. That's what I like about Twilight. There are so many what-if's and whys. This is a great piece.
Cinderfire
Noble Korhedron chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
So in this one she died when she jumped off the cliff...?! :-(
meelee72 chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Dang it, here I go again! I LoVeD this, loved Jazz's perspective, & could easily hear his voice.
1st of all, EdwardKnowsItAll, EdwardControlsItAll. Lolololol. Superb. "..so caught up in other people's heads, he's never gave any time to figuring out his own." Outstanding.
& wow! Never thought of the idea that even though Jazz is attracted to Bella's blood, it was Edward's desire that fueled him.
I laughed a little Carlisle's idea of waiting to get sent to hell just for walking around. :) Not AT him, just because it is SO him. :)
But what I love the most is "let somebody know about the three hundred & fourty seven. This hits home because I am recovering from percription pain pill addiction, & I know more than most that our secrets keep us sick.
I loved this. You have enlightened me, once again. :)

[I am just getting into mostvof your work, in case ya can't tell, so hope you don't get sick of me. Haha. Don't want you to feel obligated to always answer back... even though I love it!] Way to not add pressure, right..? :)
Rebadams7 chapter 1 . 3/30/2013
Somehow I never got around to reading this one. My bad. I can hear his voice, telling his truth, holding his yellow passport
Jean Val Jean

two wrongs made no rights
ever

Bravo
Reb
polyphany chapter 1 . 2/6/2013
Wow, so good, I loved getting into Jasper's head for a short time!
CaitlinRFaith chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Argh! Amazing! I love the voice you wrote, and your perceptiveness regarding human nature? So smart. Yicky conclusion though.
Eh Bien chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
Well done and very insightful.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
you got Jasper exactly. The Cullens all need to learn to accept themselves the good, not only the bad