Reviews for I Might Need Myself a Savior
mindnumbling chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
Oh the feels you bestowed upon my weak weak heart. Congratulations on stealing my sanity. Such an awesome fic!
Mini Reyes chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
I like the deeper notes to this and Scully's insight for why she behaves certain ways.
Abbey chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
this is so good. i can't even really say why i love it so much, but I really do. it's just so... pretty and sad. thank you for sharing!
wildricepaper chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
Writing within the context of a fandom, it appears to me, must be somewhat akin to writing Korean Si Jo or (proper) Japanese Haiku in that all three use a vocabulary of culturally (be it Basho's Japan, Hwang Jin E's early Chosun Korea, or millennial America's X-verse) poignant icons or memes. The way invoking the moon over Paektu Mountain, the sun rising over Fuji, or Scully arching that eyebrow at Mulder is read not as 'Scully arched an eyebrow at him' but evokes an entire perspective on that culture's seminal mythos - which, together with the other invocations bring the reader to a place from where they can see things previously obscured - especially the ephemeral. To write a work that does so for intimates of the lore - AND for the uninitiated is real alchemy - as is this little vignette. Kudos.

My daughter wanders these grottoes, groves and labyrinths

- a certain kittenheeledshoefreak :)

TTFN