Reviews for That Implied Necessity
BenRG chapter 51 . 9/26/2012
I notice Donut neglected to mention that Tex was, at the time, unable to dodge due to being in Sheila's cockpit. Details, details...

Still, I think Carolina will probably find some way to kill Donut just for robbing her of the pleasure. ;)
glittering wolf chapter 51 . 9/25/2012
I always wondered the fairness of the BGC getting shot, crushed, run over, having all their organs replaced, and still living. Good job on pointing it out. :)
Omega the Omniscient chapter 51 . 9/25/2012
Since Donut is involved I'm going to assume the title is innuendo.

I can't believe I didnt think of the significance there before: It doesn't matter how skilled someone is, because even the best can die by chance.
Omega the Omniscient chapter 50 . 9/25/2012
So that's what engineers are called. Good to know.

Spot on as always. The Director is so cold. He's practically torturing himself. I like how you've got him separating his emotions and memories from his work, distancing himself from the pain. It's not unlike the Alpha fragmenting.
Martienne chapter 50 . 9/24/2012
Oh Nem. You are just pushing all my buttons tonight.

Just the way the memory of Allison absolutely consumes him, day and night and for probably better of thirty years, and the way he chooses to deal with that is by torturing himself with it. Dribs and drabs of her like bloodletting his soul, but without realizing that leaching it out will only cause there to be more of it welling up from inside.
LetsKeepThisLoki chapter 49 . 9/19/2012
(Sorry, not logged in)

My favorite part of this was "Four live people in the room and it's the computer who responds"
I don't know why, but it really stood out.
Omega the Omniscient chapter 49 . 9/19/2012
Nice. Fits in right between the two episodes. Gives poor York's thoughts and troubles a nod.
Guest chapter 49 . 9/19/2012
I really don't think that Carolina was entirely there during this sequence. In fact, given Sigma's maelevolent presence in the observation gallery and the way /all/ the iFrags reacted to Carolina's breakdown... I'm pretty sure that Tex was about to go up against The Meta.
BenRG chapter 48 . 8/31/2012
Yeah, that's a feeling I got from Carolina's rant to Church too: Why did my friends go bad? I think that, more than revenge on the Director, is what she and Wash want to know: Why? Why do this to people who only wanted to do their duty? What was so important that you were willing to destroy countless lives and pervert men and women into the worst kind of treachery?
Omega the Omniscient chapter 48 . 8/30/2012
It only just now occurred to me that they're nearly gone. Carolina, Wash, and maybe another Tex... somewhere. They're all that's left of the Freelancers. Makes me feel that much worse for them.
ParabolaOfMystery chapter 47 . 8/15/2012
I likes these little drabbles. They were cute! My favorite was 1.
BenRG chapter 46 . 8/15/2012
I was wondering how you'd react to CT's pretty dramatic on-screen death. They really threw the whole Meaningful Death trope at her, didn't they? Now Carolina has CT's DataPADD and I wonder what her final legacy will be.
Omega chapter 46 . 8/14/2012
Second person had a nice effect. I'm sad that CT died so long ago, but it certainly made for a good fight scene. The revelation in that episode made me really sad to see all the empty seats in the escape craft...
Martienne chapter 46 . 8/14/2012
So sad. The tone is quiet and defeated. This is an interesting one since it's hard to find a well-written story written in the second person. I like the idea that she was only pretending to be in love with her contact in whatever that group is she was ingratiating herself to. Not because it gives you an out, either,but because it just seemed a little bit too convenient. You know? And I did notice that about why the guy kept calling her Connie. What I find curious now is that when he used her armor at the desert temple, he was using the name CT.
ParabolaOfMystery chapter 46 . 8/14/2012
Agh right in the feels
This is probably one of my favorites so far. Good job
145 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »