Reviews for A Stroke of Bad Luck
Guest chapter 1 . 12/13/2012
Brilliant as always and the Joker was ridiculously insane :) someone is channeling their inner Deadpool.
Zaan299 chapter 11 . 9/13/2012
That was a great story. The ending may seem anticlimactic, by I thought it was good to end the story on a funny note.

Joker almost had 'em. If it weren't for those meddlin' kids... and that dog. Wait... what?

Anyway, this was a great story all round; a bit short, but that doesn't take away from how great a ride it's been. I will eagerly devour the contents of the next works and hopefully I can leave a few reviews; say one per chapter... if not every other chapter!
Zaan299 chapter 8 . 9/12/2012
God. I LOVE the Joker! He treats everything like a game, but that just makes him all the more demented and in turn more dangerous. The suspense is palpable. I can't BELIEVE I forgot what this story is like. It seems like years since I've first read this, but it's only been a few months. And it STILL badass.
Zaan299 chapter 3 . 9/12/2012
Enter the demented couple. Great cliffhanger... but now you have me begging like a dog! I want, no... I NEED to read the rest of this. Again. And again. and again. Until I have completely memorized the work... ok maybe not that far, but it's still a GREAT read.
Zaan299 chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Heh, nice way to start out a story. The plot thickens, surprisingly fast.
TehMaskedWarrior chapter 11 . 7/14/2012
Anti-Climatic? Not at all! I enjoyed the ending, and the entire story, for that matter. Izll start reading the next immediantly! Keep It Up.
TehMaskedWarrior chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
YES! I found it!
Gnarled Bone chapter 11 . 5/11/2012
I enjoyed reading this.
Table for Two chapter 11 . 2/24/2012
Awww it's over): even though it went by quick I couldn't help but love it n_n I may say that too often. Heh. OOops. ANYWAY, nice stand-off between the Joker and Raven. I mean, seriously, that was great! I was cracking up at all the loop holes. It was pretty classic. I really do hope you make a third installment though! And I just got the email notification about the update on 'Nightmare' and my initial response was HELL YES! :D

Well, thank you for a good story and I'll be looking out for the next one .-.

Catch ya later,

Table for Two
I'm a Lover not a Hater chapter 11 . 2/24/2012
WHAT? This is the end?

Can't wait for another sequel.
Drenn chapter 11 . 2/23/2012
Ah, the perfect finale for this installment of Rae/Jinx goodness. The question game with the Joker was a phenomenal character display of both Raven and the Joker. All together in this story there seemed lacking in general Rae/Jinx ness, and them actually just BEING together, which I've barely ever seen, let alone pulled off and executed so well. They simply ARE together, no unnecessary angst about their hero/villian problem, and completely believable just as they are. I would definitely read any more continuing of this series, new antagonist or whatever. You manage to characterize just enough to make the story full and leave your readers reading between the lines for all these inter character dynamics. You already had a loyal fan before this story, but now I'm much more so.
Random Peep chapter 11 . 2/23/2012
Loved this story. Looking forward to the third story to this mini series... thing... lol. But yes, awesome job! P
Erratus Enigma chapter 11 . 2/23/2012
Well, that wasn't anti-climatic at all.

Okay, maybe a teensy tad, but you get the idea and-hell, my last review was on the fifth chapter.

Damn, it's been that long already? Damn.

Pardon my lateness, Mistress.

At any rate, let us begin. Continue. Finish?

The grammar followed an average level since my last review. The problems I first stated- the minor misspellings and the confusing words- are still there. Sometimes, a chapter has fewer mistakes, and sometimes, it has more, but it does not take - much - from the experience. I'd recommend reviewing the stories a third time, perhaps having another person checking the mistakes for you? Two heads and four eyes can be better at this checking job than only one and two, after all.

The settings you had on the story were quite believable. Very Joker-like. The traps, the thugs, the comments. The way he acted was, too, spot-on. Well, almost, since some of his remarks were a tad lacking on the sarcasm and irony, but, apart from those, they were quite, quite good.

Your Harley, too, was done flawlessly, and even though I quite dislike how she's portrayed in the comics and, well, just about anywhere, I can appreciate when someone gets her character right. How she was hopeful that the Joker was going to follow through with her petty vengeance, only to have it crushed under what he assumed to be 'adult business'? Yeah, just 'bout right.

And, heh. Raven, Raven, Raven. Ever protective of what's yours, aren't you? Just the imagine the looks she'd give Gar if he tried to be-friend Jinx too much? Poor shape-shifter would have to endure the shape of a very, very dirty rodent for the rest of his miserable life. Or a week. Whatever comes first.

And the threats, damnation, the threats. They had a deadly undertone-not so under, actually- to them, but still refrained from revealing too much of her nature to the Joker. THAT was well-thought. I mean, it wouldn't take long for Joker to realize she was a daemon if she was threatening him with things like, say, "If you even dare to lay a finger on my mate I will dismember you, shatter your soul and lay it bare on the Eight Hell for my minions to torture it through all eternity."

Know what I mean?

And Jinx, heh. Jinx was just being Jinx. I mean, what can you expect of her, at this rate? Yeah, Robin, she ain't turning over so easily. You might apply a kilogram of gel to get your hair spiky like that every morning, and Cyborg might have more plastic and metal than bones, but Mammoth and Gizmo are her family, and that's hard to trade.

Besides, their relationship seems to be faring well enough as it is.

And, Mistress, while I have to admit that you tend to focus more on Raven and Jinx than the others, the characters were not ignored. Maybe on the fighting scenes, yes, but they all have their turns in your story, somewhere. Not as much as they should have? Probably, but I'm not complaining if it helps you get that lovely grasp on the sorceress' personalities.

And the Batman. Congratulation, missus. You've managed to write a fairly good Batman, Joker AND Harley inside a Teen Titans setting. That can't be easy. That's not easy. Will probably never be easy. But you've done it.

I'd offer you chocolate, had I some.

I'm thinking of cutting this review short, since it already seems big enough as it is. I am waiting anxiously for your next installment.

If you feel eyes piercing through your back from the shadows, rest assured. It's just me.

What? That doesn't make you feel any better?

Well, tough luck.

See ya, Mistress!
Angelic Toaster chapter 11 . 2/23/2012
Totally enjoyed. Seriously, PLEASE get that third instalment up quick! Along with another chapter of nightmare too maybe?
Concolor44 chapter 11 . 2/23/2012
I find myself unaccountably pleased that you did NOT resolve the conflict with Jinx-villain dating Raven-hero. As you said, that sets up the next story. Good work.

The fight scene was well-done and believable. But the next time the Joker shows up, he's going to have the straight dope on Raven. I don't know that it will necessarily do him any good ... maybe he'll dig up an anti-demon amulet somewhere? Who knows with him.

Adding this to Favorites now.