Reviews for halfway
missjumpcity chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
halfways, selkies, ghosts ,so supernateral, im impressed you know these creatures ,not many do , i myself have read about halfways B4 / i give this 3 out of 5s
Hana-Liatris chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
We all know they drink coffee when they meet ;)
Glitter and Kisses chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
/blown away/ I really really love this. It's great. You're really good with these AUs!

"blue because she paints their eyes always blue, like the waves and the eyes she should have had" This line eally struck me, because I feel a bit of regret and vicarious-ness.

"he's happy living alone, savoring the silence and the power he has, over life and death, and light and darkness" Ths is very Bakura. What aperfect way to pull him off.

"(like her very own true love, but he never came back, just like these kids aren't leaving)" Oh wow. Just the tragedy in that sentence, it's beautiful, and the next one... it raises questions about whether Bakura is doing his job properly or exploiting his power. Or if he intentionally got rid of her man.

"sees (selkies, spirits, ghosts) things no-one should see, and she's strange" And all of sudden th pretty tragedy tuns into something more grotesque, something that shouldn't be there.

"she's got a boat that used to belong to her man, but he's painted it the color of his lighthouse" OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH IS HE STALKING HER no but in all seriousness just WHOA ok. That didn't sound educated so, in more formal terms, this is very intriguing. But actually.

"and they talk of life, and death, and darkness, surrounded by a halo of kelps and screaming seafowl overhead, they reach out, from boat to boat (and below, the dark water), they touch, in an overcast world without color although her eyes are amber and his hneart is black" The imagery here is strikigly beautiful. You have such a way with words. It fits the scene perfectly and fits them just as well.

"(and halfway,) bleached by seawater like an old clam, (there may be love.)" THE PARENTHESES ARE GENIUS I AM FANGIRLING SO HARD RIGHT NOW FREAKING BEAUTIFUL. I absolutely love your writing style, it's you so much for the dedication! And the sadvertising that comes with it. You're awesome. This is SO going on the favorite list. And I will check out the movie. There may be love. *dies* Thanks for making it happen, because they need a happy ending.
My Misguided Fairytale chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
I really, really liked this. I love seeing rare pairings like this one, and you did an excellent job with word economy, you told a great story with a reader-friendly word limit. D

The only thing that I got hung up over (a small thing, really) is the inconsistencies in punctuation. I LOVE it when people do unconventional things with their formatting, so the lowercase worked for me, but most sentences had no ending punctuation (ex: the ones ending in parenthesis), but one did, and I couldn't tell what was intentional and what wasn't. I love how poetic it reads without any closing punctuation at all (although I can see how it would be symbolic in the very last sentence) but again, I couldn't tell if it was intentional xD;

This was a great read, with some beautiful lines (ex: "like her very own true love, but he never came back, just like these kids aren't leaving") and it's a great take on the pairing. ) Thanks for writing it!

~Jess (My Misguided Fairytale)
astrovagant chapter 1 . 2/9/2012