Reviews for Identity
keiriala chapter 2 . 12/27/2012
Awww... It's so cute! I really like the story and concept. Great writing. The part at the end was really touching, too.
Purestrongpoem chapter 2 . 10/15/2012
Excellent story. I like all three of the perspectives.
Kitsune1978 chapter 2 . 5/12/2012
I wish there were further chapters. You're one of the most gifted writer creating Sand Sibs fics I've ever encountered here on . And the story was amazing.
Kaori Kasumi chapter 2 . 5/12/2012
I love the ending, and the either/or part. It's how modern society is, if you're too close to your siblings, it's automatically considered incest. Thanks for taking the time to point that out!
MidniteCurse4Eternity chapter 2 . 2/19/2012
Awwww. I freaking love this.

I like Temari's secret. I've never looked at it this way. Temari wanting to be Kazekage. I liked her view on things. Gaara doesn't want the job and Kankuro doesn't want to be a shinobi. It's very interesting and I felt that you got their feelings right. It was touching to read and I liked how Gaara told Temari she had to prove her dream to him and she envisioned what she could do if she was Kazekage.

And the ending was nice. Gaara telling Kankuro to follow his dreams. Beautiful chapter. (:
Mystical Sand chapter 2 . 2/18/2012
I love the idea of Temari being the Kazekage. Personality-wise, she seems the natural choice among the siblings. Even in part one there are hints that she could grow into a great leader. I wonder if there will be an issue with her not having the powers and abilities that Gaara does, but otherwise I think she could potentially be an even better leader than he is. She values diplomacy but will always put her village first, and she has given Gaara valuable advice.

Kankuro's struggle over his dream to be an actor is going to be interesting too. I imagine it won't be easy for such a high ranking shinobi and the former Kazekage's son to just quit. How will the village react to that? How will Temari react when she finds out? I also like how Gaara seems to be taking his side a little more without realizing it. While he may not love Temari less, I think the anime and manga do suggest a stronger bond between the brothers. I wonder if she also worries that Kankuro loves Gaara more or that he's beginning to have a closer relationship with their little brother than with her.

I can't wait to see how Temari will prove herself to Gaara and what he will do once he steps down. How will he promote his own messages (like what he learned from Naruto), or will he trust that to Temari as well? Is he worried about what the people will think of him once he gives up the position?

This seems like it will bring Kankuro and Gaara closer also as they try to sort out their true dreams again. It's nice to know that Kankuro will always have his brother's support. What will his reaction be when he finds out that Gaara no longer wants to lead the village and is thinking of handing the position to their sister? And will he end up as a med nin, an actor, or trying to do both? His personal time, or at least the quality of his personal time, should improve when he's doing what he really wants, but will his time with his family suffer if he's no longer a shinobi (or at least cutting back to pursue acing as well)? I'm really looking forward to what will happen next, especially between Kankuro and Gaara.
None231223 chapter 2 . 2/15/2012
Honestly, you are amazing with analyzing the way the sand siblings think and could think. Your version of Gaara, Kankuro, and Temari are more deeply developed and wonderfully human than the actual ones...then again, the shoe barely shows the siblings, so it would be easy to make something behind the name for them. But the way you portray them are original and inspiring. I hope you keep making stories such as this, it would be vey sad to see none of your work in the Naruto fandom anymore.

Two thumbs up for your work and writing!

InoShikaChou chapter 2 . 2/15/2012
I really like the idea of the sand sibs changing roles. What will Gaara do if he's not the Kazekage? Will Kankuro eventually decide to be an actor instead of a shinobi, or will he try to fit both in? How will his training as a med nin work out if he does go through with it?

Temari certainly has the drive to be the Kazekage. The only problem I can think of is that her power levels are nowhere near (and probably never will be) the likes of Tsunade and the other kage. Gaara is the only one we know of that even comes close. It'll be an interesting hurdle to overcome if the council, the villagers, or anyone else decides to make an issue of it. On the other hand, I can see where her vision for the village and its place in the shinobi world would be better than Gaara's. She does seem a natural choice, but will anyone challenge her when Gaara steps down even if she has his support.

It's nice to see the brothers bonding. Temari is right about them being closer at least. Their connection feels more natural and may in part be due to Kankuro's personality being more like Naruto's. But I like how you write Gaara as appreciating him for who he is too.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 2 . 2/13/2012
When you think about it, it makes sense that Temari is the one who is really the leader. She has the driving personality. Never getting to be the leader understandably eats away at her confidence.

And people like Temari get irritable when they don't feel confident, which really explains why she seems to give Kankuro a hard time sometimes.

Kankuro's reaction to being picked on, while explosive and bad-tempered, is also understandable. It seems really in character for Kankuro to react like a punk, because that's his method of self defense.

I noticed Gaara's purposeful manipulation of Kankuro's brother bond with him, and thought that was very fitting of Gaara's personality, too. He genuinely wants Kankuro to feel better, and he also has a tough streak where he will do what's necessary - something that enabled him to be Kazekage. Gaara made the decision to budge Kankuro out of being depressed, and did whatever it took.
Shiary chapter 2 . 2/13/2012
awsome and I love it!
thatonegreenpencil chapter 2 . 2/12/2012
Love the sibling bond. Seriously. One of the best sandsibs stories I've ever read. And if you look at it like this, Temari bring Kazakage really isn't a bad idea. Update soon!
simaetha chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
"You will probably find this story to be shocking in the face of canon. However, that's the entire point. Consider it AU."

Yes, exactly. This is how you do it: realistic characterisation that takes components from canon and reworks them into something completely different. I don't think Gaara is actually like this in canon, but I can see how he could be, and it's absolutely fascinating to think about. This fic is exactly what I love about fanfiction; that's my *point*.

Okay, I promise I'll shut up now. I expect you would probably prefer that I just not say anything at all, and I will aim to do so in future, but like many people I prefer to be criticised for things I've actually done. (Intended emotional tenor: slight frustration, directed in no small part at myself, and wry amusement, ditto.)
MidniteCurse4Eternity chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
This is kind of different from your other fics.

I like how it's different. I've never really thought about these things. Way to go with this!
InoShikaChou chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
This is a really unique take on Gaara's feelings about becoming Kazekage. I agree with Surreptitious Chi X's point too about having a well-meaning, under-qualified teenager running a town. I think it's true in canon also, at least to some extent. He falls into the role more after Chiyo revives him, but his inexperience still comes through sometimes despite the occasional Narutoesque speech. I like how he's questioning if this is what he really wants now and perhaps realizing that Naruto doesn't necessarily have all the right answers.

The idea of Kankuro not wanting to be a shinobi is really interesting too. How will this work out for the brothers? Will they give up their positions? Would it be acceptable for Kankuro to do that? And who would take over for Gaara? Temari maybe? Or Baki? Or an unknown shinobi? Or will they just learn to be more comfortable with what they have to do? I'm very curious about how this will be resolved.
Surreptitious Chi X chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
First of all, that is an excellent point about Kazekage and why Gaara wanted it. That is so canon - and you're right. The consequences of that in reality would be dire. You have a well-meaning, under-qualified teenager running a town. That's kind of scary when you think about it. _;

And then, for Gaara to have these validity issues. I mean, that's so psychologically sound. That's what he's learned through experience. For him to not know how to get validity properly, or understand what it is, makes sense.

I love that you somehow pulled off a completely logical and rational Temari who nonetheless cares. It's a balance I don't know how to strike.

But of course, my favorite part of this story is your interpretation of Kankuro. To have him be so blatantly lost in his own world, and to hate coming out of's understandable and poignant. And he's right. He can't keep going like that, maintaining his fantasy world where everything is alright at the expense of getting a good night's sleep.