Reviews for Fly Free
Buzzkilltitan chapter 40 . 4/21
First of all, love your work. I'm absolutely enthralled with the story, even though it's the first one I've read. I can't begin to tell you how difficult it is to find decent crossovers without insane proportions of over-powered characters or ridiculous changes in personality that sit on the border of comic and tragic.
Personally, I love the direction you've taken this. The beginning had me settled into this warm, fuzzy, family-like vibe, what with Robin's kindness and empathy covered in the cool demeanor I've come to expect from her character. However, the gradual change from comfort to darker themes is something I've fallen in love with. The elements just feel so much more real when authors factor in actual human weakness and fallibility, both mentally and physically (although it pains me to see the Konoha 12 so mentally scarred, especially my favorite, Shikamaru).
Bravo with the OCs by the way, while I didn't particularly hate them, they were far from favorites. There's nothing I love more than having a story make me feel for a character, whether it be joy, hate, or some neutral contempt like I did for them.
Finally, the Hanabi bomb you dropped at the end of this chapter; There are no words, yet there are all the words possible. What the actual hell are you doing with my feelings right now? XD I expect there to be an amazing set of concluding chapters to give me the closure I need (whether it also be emotional closure is yet to be seen). Keep up the good work!
Pom Rania chapter 40 . 4/20
No. No. No. HANABI?! No. No!
...this story isn't gonna end with another Kill Em All like GC did, is it?

Also: SO MANY LOST ARMS. It's getting near Homestuck-levels here, or like CLAMP and eyes.
Pom Rania chapter 31 . 4/20
I suppose "filler" means different things to different people. In some stories, the "plot" is, to me, basically just the necessary structure without which the parts that I really enjoy would not be able to hold together. In other stories, the "filler" is needed to hold everything together coherently, but is not the bit I receive the most enjoyment from. It's kind of like bones and muscles, in a way: one is useless without the other. And... I forgot where I was trying to get at.
Pom Rania chapter 29 . 4/20
*reads the first section* *facepalms* Oh hell no, Konohamaru... Then again, it's pretty much more Sandaime's fault than anyone else's.

Ooh, now this I'm looking forward to, adding Crocodile into the mix! Or even the IDEA of him, I'd never considered it before.
Pom Rania chapter 22 . 4/20
Awww, Karin found family! I so hope stuff turns out better for her.
Zero apologies are EVER needed for happies; there's not enough of them as is in the world, or even in the world of fanfic.
Pom Rania chapter 21 . 4/20
As soon as I read "Settle down maggots", I immediately heard it in Sarge's voice, from Red Vs Blue. That is... an INTERESTING mental "image" to hold...

I haven't watched the Naruto anime, EXCEPT for the mask episode. 101 I think it was.
Pom Rania chapter 20 . 4/20
I like Robin's reasoning about "secrets". Has she just elevated pessimism into a predictive science, or is she actually aware of narrative structures? Although I suppose it's more likely that the world of One Piece actually RUNS on those narrative structures.
Pom Rania chapter 19 . 4/20
Frick, I don't even remember how that scene went down in the ORIGINAL; but it's good here, so everything's fine in my books.
Pom Rania chapter 18 . 4/20
Ahahahaha! In the omake, I loved that last one; and Robin's dispassionate grading of all the others.
Uzumaki Kana chapter 25 . 4/19
I've just started reading this fic after coming from a website that… okay , let's just say someone recommended it to someone else, and I stumbled upon that. But anyways, I have to say that this fic is pretty amazing do tar. I love it. And it's quenching my thirst for One Piece fanfics. I love the interaction between Robin and the Naruto characters, especially when they are surprised/amazed/confused/shocked at her devil fruit ability. And I liked that 'transfer her consciousness from herself to a clone'. It's so creative, and I like how you implemented some Naruto-verse stuff to help Robin improve her own skill.

Honestly, yes I despise the OC's, and mostly Daiya. I'm neutral on their sensei, and since this fic is about canon characters, I haven't really paid much attention to Daiya's teammates. I was surprised when she said she was sixteen, and I don't get why she's sensitive about her age if she doesn't act like it (insane people: how do they work?)

What I enjoyed most about this chapter was Sakura and Kiba's match. I'm glad you make out Sakura to not be 'useless' – I do understand why a lot of the Naruto fans call her that before Shippuden, but gosh darn it she got the top academic scores for a reason! And doesn't anyone remember when she actually fought for her life against that blowing-wind-out-of-hands-dude? I'd say she did pretty well for only using two or three jutsu and kunai and shuriken. And people have to remember that she's only 'useless' compared to Sasuke and Naruto, and she is only a preteen girl going through purberty. Like, give her some slack, man.

Sorry about that rant. But seriously, when I saw "She won." on the flipping screen I flipping squealed like a fangirl and pumped my flipping fist. I especially loved how (to me) you wrote out Kiba and Sakura like they were somewhat on the same level, since Sakura's got more brain than brawn and Kiba is vice versa – ya know, kinda balanced in a way. And in the end, brain triumphed over brawn.

I didn't like Neji and Daiya's fight, not because of the way it was written or anything on your part, but ya know… Daiya. I. Just. Don't. Like her. Like, what's with the giggling? And what's her fetish with blood? I kinda got annoyed along with Neji there, cause this is a flipping serious exam and she's dancing around like a drug addict. I'm so glad Neji nearly-killed her.

Well I should probably move on to see the other fights. I was incredibly amused by the fact you told us that Shikamaru was up against a girl again. It's like fate or something. He was destined to fight against the opposite gender. Sanji would love to switch places with him, I'm sure.
RandomlyGenericName chapter 40 . 4/19
Hmmm. Came here from tv tropes. I have no regrets. Seems to be a very well done and engaging story. I was kinda hoping you would elaborate on what Crocodile and Daz Bonez did, as 2 Jounin-to-Kage-at-least level opponents are sure to have some repercussions, especially as they are both basically immune to ninja weapons. I want to see how Hanabi dies (wow that sounds morbid) and hope you update soon. The whole thing with Devil Fruits and the Chakra tree seems interesting, and I eagerly await what exactly you decided to do with that. Also, you mentioned the Straw Hats coming in the epilogue a while back, so I hope you can pull that off. How will Luffy react to seeing his brother's powers in a random ninja? And how will the kid react to being suddenly vulnerable again when he is supposed to be immune to damage? Overall, very good work, and I eagerly anticipate the conclusion of this story.
TempestTroper chapter 40 . 1/27
...it's amazing, the feeling you get when you check up on a fanfic you read a year or two ago to find that it remains a kickass fic capable of reminding you that "hey, this author knows how to write, and not just competently but extrordinarily".

I'm gonna miss this fic. It's always been a favorite of mine, as a crossover between Naruto and One Piece that is not only competitively balanced (technically), but is actually memorable enough that it merits re-reading. I think the only other Naruto x One Piece fic I've re-read was Shinobi of the High Seas by Kenchi618.

I truly thank you for producing this story. If you're alive, I hope this helps encourage you.

Troper
Mr. Omelette chapter 13 . 1/17
tree climbing in heels. wow :D
Nadalada chapter 29 . 1/1
Nope nope nope. This story has gotten way out of hand. I really enjoyed it in the beginning, so much so that I've read it non stop to this point since I started a few hours ago. Now I cant stand to read past the first scene. The tone of this story has changed from the beginning definitely, it went from interesting, dark, and mysterious to confusing, frustrating, and humourous (to some i guess). The problem for myself came with the OCs and Karin. From your AN I get the impression that you dont like people criticizing them since they are apparently very needed... but I dont care. They dont blend well into the Naruto world, with weird powers and personalities that grate, and the story shifted very quickly into being focused on them. Karins inclusion into the group had me pulling my hair out. Is in canon that she was there, yes. Is is plausible she could have interacted more with team 7, yes. Doesnt make it a good choice. This story is a crossover after all and the focus should be on the two worlds interacting. For the first part it was a good mix of one piece and naruto that really kept me interested. Now its about 80/20 in narutos favour. Even worse is the huge emphasis being put on relationships that arent entirely plausible (the gaara-robin convo). I love the way you portray Robin, thats what had me hooked from the start! Now though shes such a minor character in this fic about HER its sad. Maybe itll change in future chapters but I cant bring myself to go on. The Mera Mera fruit being eaten my Konohamaro made me flinch in disgust. WHAT ABOUT SABO! I realize perfectly well that OP when you wrote this had probably not made it to that arc yet but its there now and this story is active. Cant it be changed? Its an incredibly important part of OP and to see it here makes me wanna cry. Im sorry this is such a negative review but its an honest one. You are a great writer but this is too crackish for me.
GR chapter 40 . 12/20/2014
oi, when will you update Dream World?