Reviews for Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex Are Dead
KarmaHope chapter 40 . 4/18
This story was beautiful. Hauntingly beautiful, no pun intended. Your descriptions and the emotions and mood that they evoked were flawless. The entire story was bittersweet, a descriptor that I usually only associate with endings. But in a way, this entire story was endings, wasn't it? And at the same time, beginnings.

Je n'ai pas les mots. I don't have the words, and this story is gonna linger with me for the rest of the day. Thank you for writing it. I loved the bonus epilogues, so thank you for writing those too.
Camath chapter 34 . 4/8
Beautiful
iSparks chapter 6 . 1/3
Poor Ahsoka. To have to witness this, to see herself laying upon a pyre at her own funeral seems like such a hard thing to comprehend. Knowing that even if they did find a way to return to the land of the living but without a body is hard to imagine, but even so both she and Rex took strength from their respective fates in some way, shape of form.

The ending was also very telling and foreshadowing, as in the last chapter it's obvious that without Ahsoka, Anakin is finding it difficult to remain on the right side of the Force and it seemed as though even Rex sensed the growing darkness inside his former general before departing the funeral.

It's continuously amazing just how much this story has drawn on so many emotions. It's been an absolute pleasure to read to this point.

iSparks chapter 5 . 1/3
Short but really sweet. I never thought Ahsoka would find out abou Anakin and Padme's realasionship like this, and it was obviously a shock for her and Tex even though the latter seemed to have know about Anakin's love for the senator in advance without suspecting it to be anything more than a crush.

I'm really enjoying the use of colours to describe moods, emotions and the general shape of the respective bearers personality. Mixing fire and water for Padme's describes her to a tee, a calm senator with a will to fight if she must, while with Anakin it's quite clear that his dark side can only be held back by her and her alone now that Ahsoka is gone.

As always, looking forward to reading on.

iSparks chapter 4 . 1/2
A beautiful interpretation of Shili. Ahsoka's memories of her rite of passage were both sad yet fun to read knowing that she may never again experience the thrill of the hunt again, but still looks back on the event fondly and proudly. I also loved how she interpreted her place in the galaxy, she knows her place is with the Jedi, she knows her home will always be Shili but she also believes and perhaps also knows that her true destiny lies with and among the stars.

Rex's feelings of loss and confusion seem to be hurting him, but still he fights on even after the battle has ended in a sense. It will be very interesting to see what part he has yet to play in this journey as a whole since there are not many non-Jedi characters who are seen as ghosts in or of the Force, but I also feel he will be as essential to Ahsoka as he will be to her before the end eventually arrives.

Again, fantastic chapter. I look forward to reading on.

iSparks chapter 3 . 1/2
The emotional impact of this chapter literally has me holding back tears, and I'm not ashamed to admit that. It takes a lot for a story to tug at the readers heartstrings, but with this, you've personified exactly how it can and should be done.

Ahsoka's pain coupled with Rex's confusion and feelings of helplessness when he tried to think of a way to comfort her while Anakin stared at the pictures was both a beautiful and heart wrenching scene to imagine. Your use of colours to describe each character individually was also perfect in that I feel each colour and glow suited their bearers and told a whole story of their own.

I also feel you handled Anakin and his emotions perfectly. It is obvious that he is broken over the loss of two very close and important friends, but he is also a fighter and is willing to make sure their memories and sacrifices are not forgotten.

I know I'm being a bit slow in reading and reviewing, but I honestly cannot wait to read another chapter each time I finish the previous one. Fantastic work, Queen. I look forward to seeing what the Force has in store for Ahsoka and Rex next.

Guest chapter 15 . 12/14/2014
This is a well written piece! The only thing is All Saints day is a day to commemorate the saints. You're thinking of All Souls Day which is a day of commemorating everyone who has passed away. Otherwise, great job!
iSparks chapter 2 . 11/29/2014
Fantastic chapter, again. I was not expecting to see the Daughter and Mortis make an appearance, but given Ahsoka's link to the place and the person after her initial death at the hands of the Son, I think it was fitting for her to see the person who shared her life force with her at least one more time before making the given decision what she and Rex both received.

I wonder now what the force will intemperate as "home" for Ahsoka and Rex. I can think of many a possibility, but I'll have to find out for myself in the next chapter. Again, fantastic work.

iSparks chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
I don't know how this story has managed to evade me for so long, but I'm glad I have finally been allowed to see and read it after such a long time.

I'm already hooked after one chapter, and eager to read on, the first signs of every great tale. I look forward to seeing what's to come.

Guest chapter 40 . 10/20/2014
Absolutely wonderful, especially the bonus epilogues. Love it!
moved000 chapter 40 . 9/15/2014
What a beautiful story. The way you wrote it, the words. I should've probably been doing homework, but this was more fascinating.
I loved the idea that Rex and Ahsoka reincarnated. It was also kind of bittersweet. Thanks for sharing :)
Aranar'ven Angel chapter 3 . 7/9/2014
Perfect actions and words for Anakin. Could've fooled me into thinking Gearge Lucas himself wrote that part.
padawanahsokasnipstano chapter 40 . 5/13/2014
i hate that Rex and Ahsoka died. :(
atwistedconundrum chapter 40 . 3/9/2014
This was a beautiful and gorgeous fic. I was half hoping that Rex and Ahsoka would prevent Anakin from falling but I do not think it would be as powerful if he had not fallen. I love what you have written: so thank you for writing this fic. The time I spent reading it was well worth the cost.
TortoisetheStoryteller chapter 40 . 1/20/2014
Beautiful story. I really like your Rexoka work.