Reviews for Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex Are Dead
Queen-Ceilidh chapter 34 . 10/19/2012
I love how everything wrapped itself up so beautifully. So, I am slightly confused-Taku is now Ashla's husband and Turion(Rex reincarnated) is his son and Ashoka(Ashoka reincarnated) is Ashla's daughter, but Turion and Ashoka are not full siblings, just close friends or stepsiblings? Sorry, I am reading too much into that, but I need to know things like this-it's how I am!
Jadedsnowtiger chapter 34 . 10/19/2012
very so beautiful...
Jess Marylin chapter 33 . 10/17/2012
I liked your description of the Force. And I'm getting the feeling that the Skywalker twins are gonna have two Force-ghost guardians... :)
Patiently awaiting your next update!
LongLiveTheClones chapter 33 . 10/14/2012
Love the theme of the ending as a beginning, and it seems appropriate for the "almost" ending of this story. Must say I am already looking forward to next week, though. :)

"The good who live in times of great evil always do."

You know, I'm with Ahsoka on this one. Daughter comes in and gives these great lines of wisdom, but they, where was she when Son was out there doing all this evil?

"If he wishes to change, that change must come from within himself, not from outside. Not from me."

But, this is a nice bit of foreshadowing for what will happen 20 years down the road in Empire Strikes Back. Gheesh. 20 years. Anakin is a little on the slow side, isn't he?

Not from me." Her gaze was sharp and pointed when she returned it to Ahsoka. "Or from you."

It's good that Daughter says this because it takes a bit of the blame, sting and rejection away from Ahsoka at that moment when Anakin had said "I hate you" and rejected Ahsoka and her offer to help.

"So this is really only a beginning?"

"Light and dark are always beside each other. As are birth and death, beginnings and endings…"

I like these lines because they echo the themes that run throughout Star Wars. So much of the imagery in the movies are the contrasting images of light and dark. And, of course, the fall of Anakin Skywalker and the birth of the twins is the crux of the whole story So, this is a pivotal defining moment. I think you did a great job capturing all of that here.

This was an ending; but it was a beginning too.

The scene is sad, but it is hopeful, too.
laloga chapter 33 . 10/14/2012
"Where it Begins." Perfect title for this chapter, along with the quote at the intro.

I'm trying to figure out where to begin myself, because there was so much wonderfulness in this chapter, and I'm still sort of in awe from the entire thing.

Loved how you showed Obi-Wan hurry to Padme's side; she shouldn't have had to be alone during this moment, and while Ahsoka was right about it *should* have been Anakin there, I'm sure on some level, Padme was thankful for her friend's presence. It's also fitting that he be present for this beginning, because Obi is one of the few characters who's so closely linked with both the OT and the PT.

Ah, the Daughter. Believe it or not, I'd *almost* forgotten about her in the wake of everything else, but her reemergence here was perfectly done. I *loved* that Ahsoka was kinda sorta upset with her, blaming her for not doing "more" to prevent the Son from manipulating Anakin, or even doing more to prevent Anakin from turning at all. But, as has been wonderfully illustrated thus far, the Dark Side is a choice, and ultimately we are all responsible for our own actions. Outside influences, like that of the Son, can play a role, but we are the arbiters of our own decisions.

"That is the Light side of democracy; for all its inherent chaos, it contains the opportunity to choose wisely as well as wrong. It is a precious thing mortals have. Choice and will." This was wonderfully stated. I love how you keep revisiting the theme of democracy in this story, and the fact that there are two sides to the very nature of choice. Also loved the Daughter's moment of "weakness," as it were, how she envied us mortals for having that freedom to choose, even if it means we can choose wrong.

Oh! The babies! :D Too adorable...loved how Luke "latched" onto Obi-Wan, first with his spirit light, then with his misguided attempt to feed. XD I can *totally* picture the look on Obi's face, too. And I was thrilled with the fact that you had Leia "reach out" to her mother; perhaps this accounts for her "memory" of Padme that she tells to Luke in RotJ. Very well done. :D

This was fantastic: *An Ahsoka Tano that was not a Jedi was not Ahsoka Tano. The Force was as much a part of her as her breath or her sight or her heart. It was the same for every Jedi; to not feel the Force flowing through yourself was to deny a part of your soul. To live in ignorance of their heritage – it was somehow worse. They would never have the option of knowing the truth, of feeling the song of the universe singing in their veins.* I feel this way, too, that a strong Force-sensitive attempting to live without ever touching the Force would be a tragedy, if not an impossibility. I think the Jedi *have* to be Jedi; it's a call that is too strong to be denied. I'm really happy that you touched on that, here.

And took it several steps further! Absolutely *loved* the musings on the nature of the Force; so perfectly done, I'm kind of flailing for appropriate words to tell you how much I loved it. Again, the theme of choice is tied in, as well as the "longest night gives birth to brighter days" idea that was mentioned in an earlier chapter.

This story has been...amazing. Truly, amazing. I think only a very few authors - fanfic and original fic - could pull off this kind of narrative as you have; I loved it all, and can't think of much else to say except you handled the "heady stuff" with your usual grace and perfection.

Very much looking forward to the epilogues! :D
DoubleEO chapter 33 . 10/13/2012
Awww, this is a sad chapter but also a happy one. :) You did a good job of describing the force. Sad that it's almost over. :( Are you writing a sequel to this?
Count Mallet chapter 33 . 10/12/2012
While I'll admit part of me is bummed at what I initially thought the ending might be, I'm more or less satisfied with how this did end with the so-called circle of life: our fallen heroes look intently at the birth of a new generation. I'll also admit, I was kinda expecting Ahsoka & Rex to welcome Padmé once her being finally separated from her body. *chuckles*

Interesting to see the daughter come and have extended presence, especially since the son only had a few brief cameos. Even more telling is that while she theoretically *could* intervene, she is steadfast that she can't and won't; everything has to follow its natural course.

Bonus cute points for Luke trying to find food from Obi-Wan.

I look forward to the epilogues, both the original and extended ones you have planned.

- Count Mallet -
Jadedsnowtiger chapter 33 . 10/12/2012
Still as heart breaking as ever, but I can't stop reading. I will never be able to write as in-depth as you, but I will keep trying.
spikala chapter 33 . 10/12/2012
Thanks for a great chapter. It was great to see that Daughter showed up. I enjoyed her elaboration of the true nature of the Force.

I couldn’t help but smirk at the mental image of baby-Luke trying to nuzzle into Obi-Wan. “Two babies, doing baby-like things, amid all the death and destruction” – I really liked this line. The universe may’ve been turned upside down but life goes on, complete with all the things that make it worth living.

I’ve definitely enjoyed the tale, thank you so much for sharing it with us all. Looking forward to the epilogue.
Kelana-ti chapter 33 . 10/12/2012
Wow. This story was a fun read. :D That's not quite how I think of the Force, but still, very interesting. Really like the feal of hope in this chapter... or maybe it was that A New Hope and End credits from ROTS was playing while I read this... :P totally not on purpose.

Now they just need to talk to Obi-wan and Yoda. And Qui-gon is still out there, too... that could be interesting, because we know that Qui-gon talks to Yoda around this time.

But yeah, I did enjoy reading this.
Lionheart Rising chapter 33 . 10/12/2012
The final line "This was an ending; but it was a beginning too." was so poignant. The quote from Pythagoras at the beginning fit the entire thing so well.

Poor Obi-Wan. He's just lost his brother/best friend, most of the people he was closest to, and a good friend in Padme, and yet he has to keep it together.

Nice chapter, can't wait for the epilogue!
-Dryad
LongLiveTheClones chapter 32 . 10/10/2012
First off, apologies for being so behind on reviews. But, I'm trying to catch up now. I just love this story and the intensity as it's building toward the end is just fantastic.

Of the three prequels, I like this one the best because of the raw intensity and emotion behind it. It was dark and angsty and the final scene with the light saber battle was just breathtaking.

Now, that being said, you took the entire scene and breathed something new into it. You actually improved upon it.

The inferno immolated the very air.

Your very careful choices of words absolutely set the tone. "Immolated." It's just a beautifully crafted sentence. Sometimes reading your writing is more like reading poetry, and I absolutely love it.

Obi-Wan's words were soft. "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you."

Even though this is directly from the movie, somehow when this line came up again, I was just so swept up in the story that I felt crying. There was just so much emotion here.
I just felt the hurt and betrayal. Anakin!

Then, in the end, Ahsoka reaching out to Anakin, and his rejection of her... that was just such a new twist on the story. It made it better because at that point in the movie it just gets painful to watch as Anakin is just lying there burning up and pitifully dragging himself in the lava. This adds so much more to the scene.

What I can't figure out is what you are going to do next, and how Rex and Ahsoka are going to finally end up...
Arrowhead1996 chapter 32 . 10/9/2012
That hurt. Do you know how long this is going to last? I mean, are you going to carry it through all the episodes, or are you going to cut it off? I look forward to the next chapter.
Sarge1995 chapter 32 . 10/7/2012
Spirits...this was an anguishing chapter, it truly was...a beautiful, heart-rending mix of sadness, loss, anger, love, and so much more. Amazing work once again, my friend.
laloga chapter 32 . 10/7/2012
Sigh. I wish I could hug a ghost, but I don't think it'd do much good.

This is, of course, *the* climactic scene in RotS, and you did not disappoint. Fantastic, fantastic job with conveying not only the raw intensity of emotions from Anakin - Vader, I should say - and Obi-Wan, as well as those of Ahsoka and Rex. The action as well was captured with perfect clarity, but as with the rest of this story, nothing felt repeated from the movie; it felt like I was watching the events unfolding behind a fresh, new lens, the lens of your fabulous narrative.

"The two beams of blue light that spun between them seemed mismatched and out of place, too calm and too cool in color, too clear." Just love this image.

"They were never meant to fight each other, these two who accomplished so much side by side." Love this line; it reminds me of the novelization of the movie, and perfectly conveys the deep, personal betrayal of Anakin to his friend, mentor and brother. It also makes me wonder what would have happened had Ahsoka lived. Would she, too, be here with Obi-Wan, battling the man she once called "Master?"

Again, great job with the spirit-lights. Anakin's is all black, now, illustrating his alliance to the Dark Side and the completeness of his fall. My heart went out to Obi-Wan all over again, faced with the choice of leaving his former friend to die or killing him off.

Sigh. And then Ahsoka...

She tries to do the right thing as she sees it. Even now, even after she's seen what Anakin has done, she cannot let him suffer any longer, and I can't say I blame her for wanting to end his suffering. So it was heartbreaking to see him reject her as he'd done with Obi-Wan and Padme, but it has to be this way. He can't turn back, now, not for anyone.

Ugh. The Emperor. His appearance was perfectly done and I got a chill when he said "He's mine, now." Fantastic last couple of lines as well, with Anakin "consenting" to all of this - the DS is a choice, as has been established in earlier chapters - and then with Ahsoka mourning her lost friend and mentor and...well, everything else.

I'm trying to guess where you're going to take us, next. Padme, if I had to guess. I'm still completely clueless as to how Ahsoka and Rex's story will "end." Too much to hope they'd be reincarnated, I guess? ;)

Anyway, I've enjoyed the heck out of this tale, and I look forward to another chapter, and then the end, when it comes. I'm *so* glad there are several epilogues to come as well! :D
537 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »