Reviews for Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex Are Dead
Count Mallet chapter 39 . 2/15/2013
I can only hope Noula isn't living quite the wild lifestyle Amy did.

I'm getting the impression here Chopper is a bouncer or other bar type worker. Nice to see Rex & Ahsoka taking time to express their concern for his well-being. I'm surprised they didn't ask him about his singer companion.

Glad to see a new epilogue. I wasn't sure if we were complete here yet or not.

- Count Mallet -
LadyZelthePen chapter 39 . 2/15/2013
I like the idea of Chopper out on his own doing something for himself, and I like Noula Vaai. They complement each other well, and it seems like they're happy. :)

Awesome epilogue!

LadyZel
Jess Marylin chapter 39 . 2/15/2013
It's good to see Chopper getting a happy ending. :)
Crossroad Avarice chapter 39 . 2/15/2013
*'splodes* Words cannot express how much I love this story, Lauren. *huggles* This is really, really, *really* well written, and - I'd say more, but my brain sort of melted at this point. 3
impoeia chapter 36 . 2/13/2013
I think your take on how Cody sees his new duties within the Empire is brilliant. As one of the 'original' Fett clones, the idea of brotherhood is, of course, essential and fundamental to him. As he is used to a specific standard of skill and competency in his brothers, it also makes sense that he would be both disgusted and pitying over the state of the Spaarti clones.

Cody as an older brother, being both protector and teacher to these men who were grown within a year is wonderfully realistic to his character. Cody is not only shaped by his sense of duty, but also by the responsibility allocated to him by his rank. So seeing himself as 'older' not just in years, but in experience makes sense, as well as his need to pass that knowledge on. The scene where he hurries through the city, not just in pursuit of a fugitive, but also in order to get to his troops and help them out after their scare - courtesy of Rex - puts me in mind of some of the experiences I had with my older sister. Always ready to jump in and come to my rescue when I was scared or threatened, but at the same time, slightly annoyed at having to do it.

I think that if ever there is a point where Cody would leave the Empire, this would be a very realistic representation. Not only because it is Barriss and you have done such a wonderful job of creating a possible romance for them, but because Cody has always had an innate sense of respect for the Jedi and before Order 66, his relationship with Obi-Wan was quite good. So he would trust a Jedi, and he would feel some lingering sense of duty towards one. And it is in his nature to be attracted by those who need his help and to want to give that help.

This chapter is also a wonderful biuld-up of his future as part of a rebellion, as his transformation from Commander to freedom fighter. He takes a chance very similar to what Ahsoka and Rex might do and that can put him on a similar path.

I am glad that his decision to desert was not an easy one, though it was a very split-second kind of thing. Freeing himself from his identity of Commander, and his ties with the Empire and his perceived duty to the other clones would not be easy for Cody and you caught that in the description of how his hand "seemed heavy, weighted".

The image of Rex as an angry poltergeist, was, of course, absolutely hilarious. I would actually love to see that on-screen some time. When Rex gets up to mischief, it always turns out to be lots of fun.
AngelAxexinf chapter 3 . 2/12/2013
This is a lot better than I thought it would be!
Janizary chapter 38 . 1/23/2013
Nice. When the tractor was mentioned I gave it a 50/50 on being Cut or Levet/Yayax. How hot it was should have made that easier to figure out.

These epi's are quite the emotional bits. :D
Guest chapter 38 . 1/19/2013
I loved Epilogue #4! Maybe it's the way it's written, but I found it pretty interesting how Rex was able to help Tup and how he cares for him "beyond the grave" as Tup says so himself.
c-wolf chapter 34 . 1/17/2013
I was going to reply to the bonuses. But this sounds better.

Honestly, it filled in a few bits, thru fanfiction. How Luke could pull the lightsaber out easily. How Han could suddenly change his mind. Etc.

It also tied in Anakin's teacher/student relationship with Ahsoka and how he and Rex seemed to get along.

Then there's Rex taking care of his brothers in the bonus section.
Arrowhead1996 chapter 38 . 1/16/2013
That was perfect! Brilliant idea sending him to Cut and his family.
laloga chapter 38 . 1/14/2013
Yay! Tup and Cut! :D

Wonderful job with Tup, here. He's not really a shiny, though he sort of felt that way during the Umbara arc, but he does have a certain simpleness to him. That's not to say he's stupid - he's not - but I don't think he's a very complicated guy; he's very "normal," sort of an everyman, from what I can tell.

Because of this, he's left the Empire but has - from what I can tell - remained in the same line of work as before, because it's what he's always known: fighting alongside his brothers.

Great moment, when he realizes that he wants *more* from life than what will probably come to him if he remains on his current trajectory. It was a harsh thing to see someone get murdered in a cantina, (but so very SW :P), but it was an excellent "wake up call" for Tup.

Loved how he still talked to Rex, in his dreams. :) Very sweet, that his Captain was still looking out for him. Rex is awesome that way.

This line was awesome: *He'd be able to check his coordinates more carefully against the stars.* It felt very "old school" in a sense, but I loved that he was able to do such a thing. In a world of navacomputers and mapped coordinates, I imagine that the ability to navigate by the stars is an uncommon one...unless one is a super-soldier, trained for any and all contingencies. ;) It was a fantastic detail!

So glad he made it to Saleucami! I hope his brothers will follow, and I know more of their stories are forthcoming. ;)

Great update!
Kelana-ti chapter 38 . 1/13/2013
Aww. And Tup gets his happily ever after. :D
Sarge1995 chapter 38 . 1/13/2013
D'aww...well, it just goes to show that there's only so much fighting and pain that any person can handle before they need peace. Great work!
LadyZelthePen chapter 38 . 1/13/2013
This was a wonderful way to end Tup's story- for a man born to kill and eventually die, its nice to see Tup breaking out of that mindset for a bit of peace. He's not just meant for destruction; it is possible to create as well. And, it's interesting that he tired of the life of running and hunting, never really being at peace.

Excellent job with this epilogue, m'dear. You had me sniffling a few times throughout. :)

LadyZelthePen
LongLiveTheClones chapter 38 . 1/12/2013
Tup! I loved seeing something written from Tup's POV! I don't think we hear from him nearly enough. I loved reading the description of the post-war era armor vs. the clone armor.

This description was uncanny. I could actually hear the Hutt's voice in my head, sounding just like that Hutt in the TV series who kept calling "sweetheart" and "darling" and then murdered them? (Can't remember the name of the character. Ziro the Hutt, maybe?) Anyway, I was hearing that voice in my head when I read this lines: "But I wanted him alive!" Jeeba was moaning, her stubby, jewelry laden arms waving in the air and clutching at her – cheeks? Or was that a chin? Tup wrinkled his nose. Some body part that was roughly on her head was getting grasped in theatric agony, anyway. "Oh, my poor darling!" Well done. Ha ha. I think that whiny voice will be stuck in my head now thanks to you.

Loved the scene in the medpod and the way it sets the precedence that the Captain pops in and out of their lives as a gentle guiding influence, fighting the war in his own way. And, then, it set up perfectly the scene in the bar where Tup saw somebody murdered and nobody cared. It was a great commentary on the scene where that exact event happened in Star Wars, right down to the coin flipping, and everybody was totally indifferent about the event. It might as well have been a spilled glass of water for how indifferent the customers were about somebody's life coming to an end right in front of them. It was a great way to drive home the point of the meaningless of Tup's current existence. I thought it was brilliant.

"Keep walking until you know when to stop."

OK, personally, I would have been ticked off if somebody gave me nebulous directions. But, then again maybe Tup is a lot more patient than I am and less OCD. Love how willing Cut was to take in a fellow brother. The greeting between the two in the end is a heart-warmingly beautiful moment and such a positive moment. I hope the other brothers find a better existence for themselves, too, one day and "smarten up" like Tup day. But, I guess it is a realization that each man must come to on his own- an individual journey of the mind.
494 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »