Reviews for Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex Are Dead
Laerorn chapter 2 . 2/18/2012
This is really good. I hope you update soon!
Librarian Girl chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
You are really out of the box on this one! I'm hooked, just like I knew I would be!
InkStarsAndSteelSkies chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
Definately hooked now. I like how you pulled Mortis into the story-(even if it's not too clear how that relates to anything yet...) because I felt like that episode could have gone so many places, and it just...stopped.

So I'm definately looking forward to this, and see how you spin in. :)
InkStarsAndSteelSkies chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Well, usually when one starts off a story they don't do it by killing the two main characters. So this is interesting to say the least...

even if it was short, it was filled with commotion, and really gave the feel of being in the middle of a battle...and then promptly shot.
Queen Ceilidh chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
That is intense. I can't wait to see what happens. If they go back, which is what I take as home, will they be Force ghosts? The description of this Mortis is so peaceful. The supernatural aspect is starting to sound enticing. What has happened to the Son and the Father? Will they be in it? I always felt sorry for the sun since he was almost a victim of his circumstances.
Jess Marylin chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
I'm really liking this and I'm very curious to see how it all plays out. Very well done. :)
laloga chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
There's something so wonderfully unique and amazing when you read the words: "Chapter One," followed by "Where It Ends." Not usual opening lines, you know? But - as the rest of this fic is shaping up to be - it was a strange and beautiful juxtaposition.

Love how you bring us into Mortis with Ahsoka waking up, slowly, urged on by Rex, who's clearly taking things one step at a time. ("Had Rex's armor ever been shiny?") Love how he seems to think she's silly by being so fixated on his armor, though later on it seems he realizes the implication of being "shiny" at this point.

Like your other reviewers, the setting was vivid and so beautiful. I wasn't a huge fan of the Mortis arc, but I enjoyed the setting - especially Daughter's general "look" - and you painted a picture with your words in this chapter. *There were trees, too, that should have seemed spindly and wicked from much twisting, but they were rich in the pinks and yellows of spring blossoms, the flowers bursting from the knotty branches and into many petaled arrays of color and perfume.* That sentence is like a feast for my brain...like all your writing, it's a treat and a delight to read. :)

Daughter's appearance was compelling; it hardly felt like exposition, just a great read. I thought everything that she explained was very clear, and although there are definitely questions, I'm content to just let myself get carried away by the narrative itself. Questions will be answered, in time. Like sachariah said, I was glad to see Ahsoka's recollection of her time on Mortis. It had to affect her on some level, right? The writers of the show dropped what was essentially a massive bomb on these characters, then continued on as if none of it had ever happened, so I'm glad you've touched on it, here.

I loved how Ahsoka knows Rex so well that she can imagine pretty much exactly what's going through his brain when he notes his blasters are missing, and how she's able to calm him by simply remaining calm herself. Accepting her own death...I imagine that's going to take a bit of time, but it'll take even more to accept that all those other things - the Knighting, the Padawan of her own, the sharing of Obi's tea, the banter with "Skyguy" - are desires that will never be fulfilled, or are moments that will never be experienced again.

*Death was never far, but it was supposed to wait – even if it was only until she was fully grown. A stray blaster shot was all it took to kill her. Such a small death. She didn't strive for glory, not really, but somehow, she expected her death would involve…more.* I think this is how everyone would feel, honestly. Our own lives are everything, to us. They're all we have. Incredible writing.

Knowing what I know so far and trusting you as the fabulous writer that you are, I think it's safe to say that we have an incredible adventure ahead of us. And is this going to be an every-Friday occurrence, instead of every other Friday? (she asked hopefully)
Jadedsnowtiger chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
...the daughter is back... very interesting aspects of the "inbetween"
LongLiveTheClones chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
I just love this story. The imagery is so vivid. I had to read the description of the wind twice because I enjoyed it so much.

It began with the sound of wind. She heard it first, rustling through tree branches quietly, accompanied by a soft, almost crackling noise. She felt it second, the coolness of the breeze setting long blades of grass twitching at the dark tips of her montrals. Her white brows drew together, and she began to hear words overlap the soft sound of the wind.

Again and again, you bring in the changing colors of Mortis. The colors provide an excellent contrast to the swirling shifting emotional turmoil that Rex and Ahsoka are going through.

This is such a different type of story. The concept is just so unique and refreshing. The affection between the two of them is open and acknowledge right up front. Ahsoka sacrificies herself to save Rex, and the two are willing to touch each other and lend comfort. All of the angst and turmoil come from without, rather than within. Just a nice refreshing change of pace from the usual fanfic story.

Enjoying this one immensely. So glad you decided to write it!
sachariah chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
Whoa...

Okay, I might have told you this before, but I detest Mortis. I despise it. I almost wrote off all of Season 3 because of it. It added a fantastical aspect to the GFFA that I had never felt a need for. Gargoyles and floating rocks aside, there's something about the "simple" nature of the metaphysical in the Star Wars 'verse that appealed to me. There's the physical, and there's the Force, and while the two overlap, there's nothing in between. Absent in one means present in the other.

That said, I've often found that parts of TCW that I find implausible can be easilly amended by skilled authors, and I am certain you won't fail to win me over.

And while I'm not a fan of the place, I was blown away by the "richness" of the descriptions - the changing of color, the vibrancy, the "stereophonic" nature of the Daughter's voice - it was all wonderfully easy to visualize, and added an element of beauty and believability to visuals that struck me initially (on the show) as forced and out-of-place.

And the explanations of what happened were intriguing... I always figured that the Daughter must have had some affect on Ahsoka, and I *love* the idea that Rex was with her because she refused to leave him behind. And equally fascinating (and endearing) was the revelation that Ahsoka, through the Daughter's energy, is the one who is - literally - holding Rex together.

Speaking of Rex... he didn't get that much of a role in this chapter, but I *loved* how his first thought is for Ahsoka, followed *immediately* by his weapons. Even in the afterlife, he's a soldier at heart. And after all, friendlies don't take away your blasters, right? :D

Okay, so the hopeless Rexoka fan in me is thinking that this is a pretty good place to stop. Ahsoka and Rex can't get hurt, presumably, and the Daughter is there to give guidance and (sort of) answer questions, and hey, they're together, right?

But the fact is, Ahsoka has a *lot* of people she cares about. Yes, Rex is important to her, important enough that she effectively died for him, but he's not the only one she cares about. Barriss, Master Plo, and her own Master, Anakin, Skyguy. And then as it settles in, she realizes she's not going to ever become a Knight, she'll never see the end of the war, she'll never have a Padawan of her own.

Of course, knowing what we know about the end of the Clone Wars, her dreams and aspirations are likely doomed anyway, but she doesn't know that. And she still is a Jedi, she still believes in the cause, still wants to serve and protect.

It's a weighty issue, obviously. And I certainly can't blame Ahsoka for wanting to, as she says, "go home."

And then... they're gone?

Arg... so many questions, now. Are they returning to the physical world? How? Ghosts? Rebirth? What are they going to *do*, anyway? Will they even be together when they "rematerialize"?

Ah, well... that's how you keep a reader's attention, I guess. I am anxious to see more!
DoubleEO chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
Ohh,, this is interesting!
Sarge1995 chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
Ohhh...now this was an interesting, and saddening chapter...but the next one proves to be quite an interesting one indeed. Looking forward to it, may the Force be with you!
Admiral Daala chapter 2 . 2/17/2012
'Death is only the beginning..'

Intersting story- looking forward to the next chapter and seeing where this goes )
ThoseWereTheDays chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
Aaaaaaaaand I'm hooked. Very interesting start, I must say. I look forward to seeing where you go with this story...

~ThoseWereTheDays
Count Mallet chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
An interesting prologue. I, too, was going crazy trying to respond to a comment when the login system abruptly went kaplooey. Thank goodness it's back up (and thank goodness I got my latest chapter loaded earlier in the week).

In my mind, this story could go in some many different directions that I'm anxious to see where this goes in chapter 1.

Hope all is well and Grad School hasn't frazzled you out too badly.

- Count Mallet -