Reviews for Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex Are Dead
Sarge1995 chapter 5 . 3/11/2012
Once again, excellent work! Looking forward to the next update, k'oyacyi!
emlogix chapter 5 . 3/10/2012
This fanfiction is extremely creative. Point. Blank. Period. I love how Anakin found his sanctuary in Padme's home. Rex and Ahsoka are still trying to figure out what exactly is going on with them correct? I hope we get to see some clones soon and how they coped with Rex and Ahsoka's deaths. Maybe with Cody and Barris? :)
Count Mallet chapter 5 . 3/9/2012
Once your imagery is excellent when describing the Coruscanti activity outside Padmé's window.

Having just written a fic where Ahsoka had to get used to married Jedi, I had to smile at the similarities when she discovers her master and Padmé are just a bit more than friends. I also liked how you discretely handled their need to quickly depart elsewhere. *wink*

I'm looking forward to see where they go next. Given some of your past comments/replies, I am curious if one of my suspicions/hunches plays out.

- Count Mallet -
littlelionluvr chapter 5 . 3/9/2012
Interesting colors choices for Padme; I might be thinking ahead but do you think the twins would change her aura in any way? Just a thought...

I like how Rex already sort-of knew about Anakin and Padme from reading Anakin's not-so-subtle expressions :)
Librarian Girl chapter 5 . 3/9/2012
I guess you might stumble upon any number of things you don't really want to see when you are a ghost flitting about. They have a plan! Can't wait to see who it takes them to next!
Jadedsnowtiger chapter 5 . 3/9/2012
I always woundered what would happen if Ahsoka walked in on her master and Padne...

I guess this kind of counts.
Admiral Daala chapter 5 . 3/9/2012
That would be a sight to walk into. Just a little uncomforatable. lol

Well done and looking forward to the next chapter!
laloga chapter 5 . 3/9/2012
Probably a good time to vacate the area, guys. :P

Wonderful job setting the scene for Padme's apartment - one of my favorite "places" in the GFFA - and the city of Coruscant itself. Loved the line about the "glittering fingers" of the spacescrapers (which my brain initially read as "skyscrapers," oddly enough :P), and the image of the fluttering curtains...so lovely and peaceful.

In many ways, this place is a haven for Anakin. It houses his wife, his partner, and the one person he feels he can let his guard down around. It's a sanctuary away from the pressures of battle or that of being a Jedi, and one he sorely needs, from what I can tell. Again, wonderful job illustrating this with the auras of these two; I especially loved how Padme's "light" seems to blot out the darkness of Anakin's aura, and later on, when things were growing more heated...the jewel-tone descriptions of their auras was lovely and so poignant.

Loved how Ahsoka didn't "get" the feelings that the couple was emanating at first: "There was incredible need, a hunger, a desperation, a tightness of feeling that was overwhelming even while it was breathtakingly sweet." It would catch her off guard, I imagine, especially since she likely does not think of her master in terms of sexuality, (I hope. Anisoka...shudder).

I like how you handled both Rex and Ahsoka's reaction to the initial sight of the couple. Ahsoka's trying *not* to be shocked - her master is unconventional, after all :P - and Rex is like, "Um...yeah, of course he loves her." I thought it was very well-done how the depth and breadth of Anakin & Padme's relationship was news to Rex...his words indicate that he thought it was all one-sided. Very realistic, imo.

Also loved the continuing realization that they might truly be unable to affect anything in the "physical world," and their plan to run down a "list" of those they were close to in life to try and see if they can't change this. The idea of spying on people is a bit creepy, but they don't seem to have any other options. Brothers, eh? Does that mean we're going to see some clones soon? :D

I found this chapter immensely rich, entertaining and interesting, which beats exciting any day of the week, in my brain. :P

PS: Florence! :D :D :D One of my favorite songs, too. Love!
sachariah chapter 5 . 3/9/2012
Oh boy... if Anakin knew Ahsoka was watching them... :P

Beautiful chapter, though quite rightly abbreviated. XD I can understand why it would be important for Ahsoka to learn about Padme and Anakin, and I liked the clarification about Rex's knowledge - certainly he knew *something* was between the Senator and the General, but he didn't fancy *this*...

You always do such an amazing job with descriptions, and I loved your portrayal of Coruscant; while I can't say it's the sort of place I'd choose to live, it really is an awe inspiring world: *...the vast landscape of Coruscant, the glittering skyline of the mass ecumenopolis standing in a vast horizon against the sunset sky. Spacescrapers pointed sharp, glittering fingers up into the stratosphere, as though they wished to climb their way away from the surface of the ground and join the stars.*

Whew... quite a place.

Moving to Padme and Anakin, I really loved this moment between them, bittersweet and ominous though it was. I especially liked how Padme brings out the best in Anakin - one of the many paradoxes in the elder Skywalker, since it was (supposedly) his love for her that drive him to darkness, and that ultimately brough her life to a tragic end. It's a dark puzzle indeed, and I'm very curious to see what you make of it in this story.

This isn't exactly critiscm, but I do wonder whether Anakin is really capable of putting Ahsoka's death behind him so quickly. I've said this before, but in my mind, the Denise of his Padawan would become the fresh symbol of Anakin's failure (in his mind), and he'd be driven to make sure he never failed like he failed Ahsoka. Which is exactly how you've written him here... I guess what I'm saying is that I still can't see Anakin going through ROTS without mentioning Ahsoka's death, which couldn't be more than months ago at that point. This isn't a fault of your story, of course (heh... after all, Anakin *is* mentioning Ahsoka's death. Off camera.), but I do think the repercussions of losing Ahsoka would be too great to smooth over by the time of the Battle over Coruscant.

Not sure if that qualifies as a rant, but I'll stop harping on that one. :P

Just loved Ahsoka's panic/alarm when she realizes where Anakin and Padme's interactions are going. "Uh, Rex, what do you think they're doing now... EEK!" XD

I'm really intrigued as to where this story is going! I suppose it's possible that we're just goin to watch ROTS from the POV of a ghost couple, but somehow I think you have more in store. I have to wonder what - if any - the repercussions will be when and if Ahsoka and Rex get the ability to communicate to others.

Can't wait to see where this goes next! :)
Admiral Daala chapter 4 . 3/5/2012
Great job so far!

Rex and Ahsoka's developing relationship in the unknown is very pretty and I look forward to reading more )
ThoseWereTheDays chapter 4 . 3/4/2012
I love this story!

As you know, I was wondering about Ahsoka's reaction to witnessing Anakin's turn to the dark side, but I never considered how Rex might react to seeing Order 66... Not even sure if that's something you're going to get into, but his talk of Kamino and his brothers made me wonder. Anyway, you really have me hooked with this one (not that that's anything out of the norm).

Like a lot of people, the whole concept of life after death is something that's always fascinated me. Not to get too deep in my review, but I often wonder if we simply cease to exist, or keep on in other ways, or maybe something else entirely that we can't even comprehend... I guess I'll just have to wait and find out. Odd note to end on, but I'll stop there haha

~ThoseWereTheDays
DoubleEO chapter 4 . 3/3/2012
Awww, they're so cute. :) And apparently Rex's helmet isn't stuck on. :)
Sarge1995 chapter 4 . 3/2/2012
Etheral, I suppose is the only word suiting how this feels. Well, melancholy as well. Excellent job! Keep up the good work, and may the Force be with you!
laloga chapter 4 . 3/2/2012
The fist time that I read this chapter, I was stunned at its beauty. It feels silly to say that, because your writing is always beautiful - really, you make it look effortless - but, to quote sachariah, "wow." Compared to the ethereal, otherworldly feel of Mortis and Ahsoka' small, almost painfully mundane quarters on the Resolute, Shili feels incredibly vivid. I've never been to Africa, but I instantly *felt* like I was on some vast, African savannah, which is how Shili seemed in my mind. It was wide, expansive, and *real*. Your descriptions of the grass, the moons...it was all perfect.

Speaking of the moons...sigh. I won't quote the whole paragraph back to you, but it was one of the most beautiful descriptions I've read, anywhere. Can I go to Shili? Please? :D

Loved how you tied the wind through the turu-grass into the Togruta mythos - as another reviewer commented, we don't know much about Shili - but the moment that I read this chapter, your version instantly became canon in my mind. (That happens with pretty much all of your writing! :P) Also loved how Ahsoka kind of reverted to a more primitive, confident version of her self, as if her homeworld was enriching her very spirit. The description of the ritual where she killed the akul was incredible, made all the more so from Rex's pragmatic POV. For him, a bred soldier, there is no ritual associated with it - it's a means to an end, and I loved his thoughts on the subject, how he connected her headdress with items from his own kit: "Rex also knew Ahsoka did not wear her headdress frivolously; it was not mere jewelry and decoration, not any more than the jaig eyes on his helmet or the pauldron on his shoulder. Their symbols were different, but they each wore them with honor they earned."

Yay! His helmet came off, so now she can look at his smexy face for all eternity. :P Okay, that was silly, but I so enjoyed reading about him checking out his HUD and performing the "normal" act of clipping his helmet to his belt. Loved the image of them lying in the grass, listening to the insects - I can *so* hear them in my mind, too - and just...talking. There is such a sense of peace in this chapter, but there's also a looming sense of restlessness, because as you say, neither of them are content to sit around and do *nothing.* I haven't seen that either of them have much in the way of regrets, save perhaps Ahsoka's watching Anakin, but I imagine that will play a role in their restless feeling.

I had to giggle at Rex's reaction to the Son...wishing for his blasters. ;) Part of me kinda wants him to face the Son, because hey, he can't die, right? "You made Ahsoka scared. Now, I will destroy you." It would be the spiritual butt-kicking of the year. :P Well, maybe not, but a fangirl can dream, right?

"What do we do next?"

I can't kriffing wait to find out. :)

Amazing.
Count Mallet chapter 4 . 3/2/2012
Your promise that Shili would be prominently featured has come to be. Such vivid imagery.

It's unfortunately that we know so little of the Togruta culture - and language for that matter. With that in mind, it was interesting to see your take on the Togrut afterlife and compare/contrast it with my own concept. I also found it interesting that in spite of Ahsoka's refusal to go shoeless (as it is considered a spiritual thing by her species), she seems to hold the afterlife beliefs very dear.

Also nice to see that even in what appears to be death, Rex is still very much protective of his commander.

It sounds like our heroes are about to go do a bit of exploring. I can't wait to see where they end up next.

- Count Mallet -