Reviews for Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex Are Dead
ThoseWereTheDays chapter 5 . 3/12/2012
Short but sweet. As a fan of both the Ahsoka/Anakin and Anakin/Padme relationships, I enjoyed this chapter very much... can't wait for the next update!

~ThoseWereTheDays
LongLiveTheClones chapter 5 . 3/11/2012
I got so angry," he said, pulling away and clenching his fists.

Great summary of Anakin and the main issue that drives him to the Dark Side. Yes, Ani, you have anger issues. I think that sums it up perfectly.

Loved both Ahsoka's and Rex's reactions to seeing the two lovers together. Ahsoka is so surprised, and Rex is so matter of fact about the whole thing. Seems very in character for both of them.

This line totally cracked me up:

"Maybe we should go," Ahsoka murmured, but neither moved to leave.

That horribly awkward moment when you know you are seeing something that you shouldn't but you just can't look away. But, wisely, they soon make their strategic exit. Very curious as to see who will be up next?
Sarge1995 chapter 5 . 3/11/2012
Once again, excellent work! Looking forward to the next update, k'oyacyi!
emlogix chapter 5 . 3/10/2012
This fanfiction is extremely creative. Point. Blank. Period. I love how Anakin found his sanctuary in Padme's home. Rex and Ahsoka are still trying to figure out what exactly is going on with them correct? I hope we get to see some clones soon and how they coped with Rex and Ahsoka's deaths. Maybe with Cody and Barris? :)
Count Mallet chapter 5 . 3/9/2012
Once your imagery is excellent when describing the Coruscanti activity outside Padmé's window.

Having just written a fic where Ahsoka had to get used to married Jedi, I had to smile at the similarities when she discovers her master and Padmé are just a bit more than friends. I also liked how you discretely handled their need to quickly depart elsewhere. *wink*

I'm looking forward to see where they go next. Given some of your past comments/replies, I am curious if one of my suspicions/hunches plays out.

- Count Mallet -
littlelionluvr chapter 5 . 3/9/2012
Interesting colors choices for Padme; I might be thinking ahead but do you think the twins would change her aura in any way? Just a thought...

I like how Rex already sort-of knew about Anakin and Padme from reading Anakin's not-so-subtle expressions :)
Librarian Girl chapter 5 . 3/9/2012
I guess you might stumble upon any number of things you don't really want to see when you are a ghost flitting about. They have a plan! Can't wait to see who it takes them to next!
Jadedsnowtiger chapter 5 . 3/9/2012
I always woundered what would happen if Ahsoka walked in on her master and Padne...

I guess this kind of counts.
Admiral Daala chapter 5 . 3/9/2012
That would be a sight to walk into. Just a little uncomforatable. lol

Well done and looking forward to the next chapter!
laloga chapter 5 . 3/9/2012
Probably a good time to vacate the area, guys. :P

Wonderful job setting the scene for Padme's apartment - one of my favorite "places" in the GFFA - and the city of Coruscant itself. Loved the line about the "glittering fingers" of the spacescrapers (which my brain initially read as "skyscrapers," oddly enough :P), and the image of the fluttering curtains...so lovely and peaceful.

In many ways, this place is a haven for Anakin. It houses his wife, his partner, and the one person he feels he can let his guard down around. It's a sanctuary away from the pressures of battle or that of being a Jedi, and one he sorely needs, from what I can tell. Again, wonderful job illustrating this with the auras of these two; I especially loved how Padme's "light" seems to blot out the darkness of Anakin's aura, and later on, when things were growing more heated...the jewel-tone descriptions of their auras was lovely and so poignant.

Loved how Ahsoka didn't "get" the feelings that the couple was emanating at first: "There was incredible need, a hunger, a desperation, a tightness of feeling that was overwhelming even while it was breathtakingly sweet." It would catch her off guard, I imagine, especially since she likely does not think of her master in terms of sexuality, (I hope. Anisoka...shudder).

I like how you handled both Rex and Ahsoka's reaction to the initial sight of the couple. Ahsoka's trying *not* to be shocked - her master is unconventional, after all :P - and Rex is like, "Um...yeah, of course he loves her." I thought it was very well-done how the depth and breadth of Anakin & Padme's relationship was news to Rex...his words indicate that he thought it was all one-sided. Very realistic, imo.

Also loved the continuing realization that they might truly be unable to affect anything in the "physical world," and their plan to run down a "list" of those they were close to in life to try and see if they can't change this. The idea of spying on people is a bit creepy, but they don't seem to have any other options. Brothers, eh? Does that mean we're going to see some clones soon? :D

I found this chapter immensely rich, entertaining and interesting, which beats exciting any day of the week, in my brain. :P

PS: Florence! :D :D :D One of my favorite songs, too. Love!
sachariah chapter 5 . 3/9/2012
Oh boy... if Anakin knew Ahsoka was watching them... :P

Beautiful chapter, though quite rightly abbreviated. XD I can understand why it would be important for Ahsoka to learn about Padme and Anakin, and I liked the clarification about Rex's knowledge - certainly he knew *something* was between the Senator and the General, but he didn't fancy *this*...

You always do such an amazing job with descriptions, and I loved your portrayal of Coruscant; while I can't say it's the sort of place I'd choose to live, it really is an awe inspiring world: *...the vast landscape of Coruscant, the glittering skyline of the mass ecumenopolis standing in a vast horizon against the sunset sky. Spacescrapers pointed sharp, glittering fingers up into the stratosphere, as though they wished to climb their way away from the surface of the ground and join the stars.*

Whew... quite a place.

Moving to Padme and Anakin, I really loved this moment between them, bittersweet and ominous though it was. I especially liked how Padme brings out the best in Anakin - one of the many paradoxes in the elder Skywalker, since it was (supposedly) his love for her that drive him to darkness, and that ultimately brough her life to a tragic end. It's a dark puzzle indeed, and I'm very curious to see what you make of it in this story.

This isn't exactly critiscm, but I do wonder whether Anakin is really capable of putting Ahsoka's death behind him so quickly. I've said this before, but in my mind, the Denise of his Padawan would become the fresh symbol of Anakin's failure (in his mind), and he'd be driven to make sure he never failed like he failed Ahsoka. Which is exactly how you've written him here... I guess what I'm saying is that I still can't see Anakin going through ROTS without mentioning Ahsoka's death, which couldn't be more than months ago at that point. This isn't a fault of your story, of course (heh... after all, Anakin *is* mentioning Ahsoka's death. Off camera.), but I do think the repercussions of losing Ahsoka would be too great to smooth over by the time of the Battle over Coruscant.

Not sure if that qualifies as a rant, but I'll stop harping on that one. :P

Just loved Ahsoka's panic/alarm when she realizes where Anakin and Padme's interactions are going. "Uh, Rex, what do you think they're doing now... EEK!" XD

I'm really intrigued as to where this story is going! I suppose it's possible that we're just goin to watch ROTS from the POV of a ghost couple, but somehow I think you have more in store. I have to wonder what - if any - the repercussions will be when and if Ahsoka and Rex get the ability to communicate to others.

Can't wait to see where this goes next! :)
Admiral Daala chapter 4 . 3/5/2012
Great job so far!

Rex and Ahsoka's developing relationship in the unknown is very pretty and I look forward to reading more )
ThoseWereTheDays chapter 4 . 3/4/2012
I love this story!

As you know, I was wondering about Ahsoka's reaction to witnessing Anakin's turn to the dark side, but I never considered how Rex might react to seeing Order 66... Not even sure if that's something you're going to get into, but his talk of Kamino and his brothers made me wonder. Anyway, you really have me hooked with this one (not that that's anything out of the norm).

Like a lot of people, the whole concept of life after death is something that's always fascinated me. Not to get too deep in my review, but I often wonder if we simply cease to exist, or keep on in other ways, or maybe something else entirely that we can't even comprehend... I guess I'll just have to wait and find out. Odd note to end on, but I'll stop there haha

~ThoseWereTheDays
DoubleEO chapter 4 . 3/3/2012
Awww, they're so cute. :) And apparently Rex's helmet isn't stuck on. :)
Sarge1995 chapter 4 . 3/2/2012
Etheral, I suppose is the only word suiting how this feels. Well, melancholy as well. Excellent job! Keep up the good work, and may the Force be with you!
539 | « Prev Page 1 .. 23 30 31 32 33 34 35 .. Last Next »