Reviews for Ahsoka Tano and Captain Rex Are Dead
ThoseWereTheDays chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
Aaaaaaaaand I'm hooked. Very interesting start, I must say. I look forward to seeing where you go with this story...

ThoseWereTheDays
Count Mallet chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
An interesting prologue. I, too, was going crazy trying to respond to a comment when the login system abruptly went kaplooey. Thank goodness it's back up (and thank goodness I got my latest chapter loaded earlier in the week).

In my mind, this story could go in some many different directions that I'm anxious to see where this goes in chapter 1.

Hope all is well and Grad School hasn't frazzled you out too badly.

- Count Mallet -
Jadedsnowtiger chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
Oddly this was quite romantic... Passing out beside eachother with injury...
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
This "She screamed, and the world screamed with her. The concussive blast of ordinance boomed across the field, tearing apart stone and earth and sending chunks flying into smoke clogged air. The pastel haze of their deflector shield began to shear away above, ribbons of energy pulling apart and letting in the florid light of a setting sun" is great. I also love the description of Ahsoka as "burnt orange". Sounds like this will be the opening for an emotional fic with your usual excellent writing. Looking forward to more!
LongLiveTheClones chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
First off, great beginning. Great imagery in this story. You describe the battle so vividely. Defenses were "shredded." The "burnt" orange of her fingers. Death sent "cool whispers" down necks. Love the word choices.

Write as slowly as you want. This is great stuff.

Second off, your author notes are as entertaining as your writing. "I do have some nifty pics taken with a stormtrooper in a red tutu." Ah. I do love you. Know that?
DoubleEO chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
Hahaha, sorry. The red tutu part at the end got me. Good start. This ought to be very interesting!
Hijokugei chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
DEAD PEOPLE.

Okay in all seriousness, awesome to see a new fic from you involving Ahsoka and Rex. Looking forward to the awesome.
Sarge1995 chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
...This sounds promising. Dark at first, but something tells me we're on for one halan of a ride. Looking forward to the next chapter, may the Force be with you!
sachariah chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
Is it a bad sign that I gasped when I saw the title? :P

I mean, I know there's more to this, and I'm cogent enough to have a vague idea of where this is headed, but still... that's a pretty blunt way to kick things off!

Moving on...

I really enjoyed the opening thoughts, ominous as they were - well, maybe not *ominous* since it was pretty clear where this was going. Of course we know that in the show and the films the main characters are (usually) safe for purposes of plot, but in reality people in that situation are truly only a heartbeat - or a blaster bolt - away from death, and that "edginess" was really brought out in the opening paragraph or two.

And then Rex goes down. Like laloga said, the stream-of-consciousness style was really immersive, and I loved how the rush of battle, the chaos, the disappearing shield, the panic of seeing Rex fall, and the sense of overwhelming inevitability that seems to be settling in - even as Ahsoka bravely refuses to give up hope - meld into a single, potent flow.

And then our brave 'Soka goes down. And right beside the man she tried so hard to defend (the line about the rim of his helmet being "very close"... sigh). Really, this feels like a tragic, depressing ending, not the prologue to a brand new tale, and I'm feeling a bit conflicted right now.

Still, a very powerful start. I'm just going to trust you that there is indeed something to look forward to here (I know... oh ye of little faith :P), and patiently - ha! - await the next update.

Oh... and just because they're "dead", doesn't mean they can't... you know, be a "pair", right?
Xander867 chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
Yet again you are the first, to my knowledge, to make a fanfic pertaining to a subject that has never been touched before on this sight. Right of the bat, Ahsoka and Rex take hits and are near death. I can imagine this will be sort of a "life flashes before your eyes" or something like that. Death is a touchy subject to get into to but when handled properly it is a powerful thing to read. This chapter also suddenly reminds of Emily Dickinson's poem "Because I Could Not Stop for Death". Not sure why but I felt a connection between the two works of literature. Anyways, nice chapter and great start.
Librarian Girl chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
Yay! I've been checking all day for this to post. What an intense, exciting start! Where can this be going? Can't wait to find out!
SerendipityAEY chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
Vivid and intense descriptions of battle and masterfully done. So emotional. I loved her thoughts of attachment, ant the way they form even without thought, inevitably. Lovely
Cylor chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
Now there's an attention-grabbing title.
laloga chapter 1 . 2/10/2012
Yay! New fic!

And holy moly...what a way to open it up!

Incredible writing, as usual. Loved the stream-of-consciousness feel to the entire thing; instantly I was thrown in the middle of the battle right alongside Ahsoka, feeling what she felt, seeing what she saw.

The description of Rex being shot, "...his descent eerily backlit by the flush of red blaster fire," was stunning, as was the near-personification of Death itself, which, given the title, certainly seems apt.

I loved how everything to slow down towards the end, become very clear and calm, even though disaster is definitely upon them.

Just a phenomenal start...I can't wait for more! :D
494 | « Prev Page 1 .. 23 30 31 32 33