Reviews for Marry In Haste Version 1
Sheila L. M chapter 19 . 7/13
So just what will she do with this fine estate? I can't imagine any use for it in her present state...but if she does marry and have a number of offspring...but then, as she seems to gift possessions here and there perhaps Charlotte and the Colonel might take over its management? Just a thought.

Sheila L. M chapter 18 . 7/13
So easy in each other's company it cannot fail to be noticed by all who care for them.

Things are proceeding nicely. But they have not ventured into Lady Catherine's presence.

Sheila L. M chapter 17 . 7/13
So Elizabeth is doing much introspection comparing what she did and did not know about her first husband with that about Darcy.

I am so anxious to read of their meeting again.

Sheila L. M chapter 16 . 7/13
So society has observed their acquaintance and gossiped about it already.

Now we can get down to the serious business of seeing if removed from places with memories attachments have deepened? I do believe we will not be disappointed.

Sheila L. M chapter 14 . 7/13
Oh, i find it hard to believe that Maria, not Charlotte, ended up with Collins - Mea Culpa!

A visit anywhere near Lady Catherine and you know she will makes comments and/or commands as to how it should be...where to reside, with whom to visit and even the matching of couples.

Poor Darcy - it must be so difficult to wait.

Sheila L. M chapter 13 . 7/13
Now that has to be managed differently. I wonder if the Bennet sisters have a plan or will come up with a plan to help Charlotte obtain her "happiness" or contentment in life.

Now Mary - I never imagined the Bennet to be anything other than Anglican so to enter a convent would mean changing religions? Are they Roman Catholic in this story? Did you refer to Collins as a priest earlier? My memory fails me.

Sheila L. M chapter 12 . 7/13
I have always felt it ILLEGAL for anyone to open another's mail unless being given permission to do so. Mrs. Bennet deserves all her frets about being thrown out into the hedgerows with snooping into Jane's mail.

But also love how Bingley comes upon the sisters and does not hesitate to get down on his knee and propose.

Sheila L. M chapter 11 . 7/13
Well done, Georgie: remembering the layout of Netherfield and then thinking to use that information. I do like this new girl, seeing to the happiness of others rather than dwell on past mistakes. Happy that the cause of Lydia's ill behavior is known and that Caro was scolded for it.

Now what is this that Caroline tried to persuade her brother into doing?

Looking forward to the chastisement she will get upon his return!

Sheila L. M chapter 10 . 7/13
PTSD: Elizabeth having flashbacks of cruel treatment - she is not cured of the affects of abuse by her deceased husband. Always love the banter between Darcy and Elizabeth. And Mr. Bennet is paying attention this time, being protective towards Elizabeth but he must pay attention to all his daughters as Caroline has a second path of attack working. Get Lydia drunk, she'll disgrace her family and Darcy will want nothing to do with such a family.
Sheila L. M chapter 9 . 7/13
So Mrs. Bennet is not satisfied with Elizabeth marriage to a titled and wealthy man, with her endowing her sisters with dowries but wants her to lay down and be trod upon, to live in a hell of an existence just to ensure her own position as mistress of Longbourn. Sinking in my esteem to the bottom of the cesspool.

But Elizabeth has been smiled upon: Mr. Darcy has secured the first two dances and Collins HAS NOT. Saving her toes.

Now let's see what Colonel Fitzwilliam can work out. Send the man to the front lines, please.

Sheila L. M chapter 8 . 7/13
Oh, the evil that "a woman scorned" can cook up! Caroline: who would have thought you could plan that far ahead so as to slyly gather information about an ENEMY of Darcy to than use against him. Do you imagine he will never learn of what you have done?

Congratulations, Georgiana, on gaining such strength of character to bear the possible exposure to that wretch.

But i wold have hated to think of Elizabeth left behind if you two returned to London or Pemberley. Wickham would have been left to work his evil with no one aware of his possible intent.

Thank you for this chapter.
Sheila L. M chapter 7 . 7/13
So Georgiana and Darcy are ready to move forward but Elizabeth needs to be awakened to the more pleasant possibilities which lie in a relationship with an honorable and caring man. Sigh!

And I can just imagine how thwarted Mrs. Bennet feels when that carriage pulls up.

Sheila L. M chapter 6 . 7/13
That was interesting - instead of a discussion about the accomplishments of a lady Caroling leads ODC into a debate and it annoys no one but herself. Darcy and Elizabeth go back to what they were doing before Caroline's interruptions led to a debate.

Sheila L. M chapter 5 . 7/13
Well played. It is easy to imagine this scene playing out with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. And I love that Darcy has revealed a mischievous side - siccing Ilyich on Caroline. Now that scene I would love to see on screen.

Yes, Darcy realizes his feelings but as he said to his dog, she has to want it as much as he.

Nicely done chapter. Thank you.
Sheila L. M chapter 4 . 7/13
Ah, there is a story there: having to do with pianoforte performances. Could it be one of the ways in which her husband had shamed her?

Caroline is walking on thin ice in that Elizabeth ranks so far above her but Darcy handled that so very nicely.

Glad that the two have horseback riding as something additional they share.

Thank you for this chapter.
446 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »