Reviews for Marry In Haste Version 1
Sheila L. M chapter 14 . 7/13/2016
Oh, i find it hard to believe that Maria, not Charlotte, ended up with Collins - Mea Culpa!

A visit anywhere near Lady Catherine and you know she will makes comments and/or commands as to how it should be...where to reside, with whom to visit and even the matching of couples.

Poor Darcy - it must be so difficult to wait.

Sheila L. M chapter 13 . 7/13/2016
Now that has to be managed differently. I wonder if the Bennet sisters have a plan or will come up with a plan to help Charlotte obtain her "happiness" or contentment in life.

Now Mary - I never imagined the Bennet to be anything other than Anglican so to enter a convent would mean changing religions? Are they Roman Catholic in this story? Did you refer to Collins as a priest earlier? My memory fails me.

Sheila L. M chapter 12 . 7/13/2016
I have always felt it ILLEGAL for anyone to open another's mail unless being given permission to do so. Mrs. Bennet deserves all her frets about being thrown out into the hedgerows with snooping into Jane's mail.

But also love how Bingley comes upon the sisters and does not hesitate to get down on his knee and propose.

Sheila L. M chapter 11 . 7/13/2016
Well done, Georgie: remembering the layout of Netherfield and then thinking to use that information. I do like this new girl, seeing to the happiness of others rather than dwell on past mistakes. Happy that the cause of Lydia's ill behavior is known and that Caro was scolded for it.

Now what is this that Caroline tried to persuade her brother into doing?

Looking forward to the chastisement she will get upon his return!

Sheila L. M chapter 10 . 7/13/2016
PTSD: Elizabeth having flashbacks of cruel treatment - she is not cured of the affects of abuse by her deceased husband. Always love the banter between Darcy and Elizabeth. And Mr. Bennet is paying attention this time, being protective towards Elizabeth but he must pay attention to all his daughters as Caroline has a second path of attack working. Get Lydia drunk, she'll disgrace her family and Darcy will want nothing to do with such a family.
Sheila L. M chapter 9 . 7/13/2016
So Mrs. Bennet is not satisfied with Elizabeth marriage to a titled and wealthy man, with her endowing her sisters with dowries but wants her to lay down and be trod upon, to live in a hell of an existence just to ensure her own position as mistress of Longbourn. Sinking in my esteem to the bottom of the cesspool.

But Elizabeth has been smiled upon: Mr. Darcy has secured the first two dances and Collins HAS NOT. Saving her toes.

Now let's see what Colonel Fitzwilliam can work out. Send the man to the front lines, please.

Sheila L. M chapter 8 . 7/13/2016
Oh, the evil that "a woman scorned" can cook up! Caroline: who would have thought you could plan that far ahead so as to slyly gather information about an ENEMY of Darcy to than use against him. Do you imagine he will never learn of what you have done?

Congratulations, Georgiana, on gaining such strength of character to bear the possible exposure to that wretch.

But i wold have hated to think of Elizabeth left behind if you two returned to London or Pemberley. Wickham would have been left to work his evil with no one aware of his possible intent.

Thank you for this chapter.
Sheila L. M chapter 7 . 7/13/2016
So Georgiana and Darcy are ready to move forward but Elizabeth needs to be awakened to the more pleasant possibilities which lie in a relationship with an honorable and caring man. Sigh!

And I can just imagine how thwarted Mrs. Bennet feels when that carriage pulls up.

Sheila L. M chapter 6 . 7/13/2016
That was interesting - instead of a discussion about the accomplishments of a lady Caroling leads ODC into a debate and it annoys no one but herself. Darcy and Elizabeth go back to what they were doing before Caroline's interruptions led to a debate.

Sheila L. M chapter 5 . 7/13/2016
Well played. It is easy to imagine this scene playing out with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle. And I love that Darcy has revealed a mischievous side - siccing Ilyich on Caroline. Now that scene I would love to see on screen.

Yes, Darcy realizes his feelings but as he said to his dog, she has to want it as much as he.

Nicely done chapter. Thank you.
Sheila L. M chapter 4 . 7/13/2016
Ah, there is a story there: having to do with pianoforte performances. Could it be one of the ways in which her husband had shamed her?

Caroline is walking on thin ice in that Elizabeth ranks so far above her but Darcy handled that so very nicely.

Glad that the two have horseback riding as something additional they share.

Thank you for this chapter.
Sheila L. M chapter 3 . 7/13/2016
Now that was so predictable...not that I am at all criticizing. So Elizabeth has shared some but not all of her marriage woes with Jane. I am sure none of this was talk of the bedroom with Jane being a virgin and ignorant of the basics, at this point, I am supposing.

How nice that Elizabeth has a dinner with her father alone. She gets out of hearing her mother's screeching during a meal and that helps with digestion.

Sheila L. M chapter 2 . 7/13/2016
Darcy certainly has presented a different picture here and knowing the character of her first husband makes us think he has some insight into just why he made the judgment he did upon first meeting her. I am sure we are going to learn more about that marriage/relationship. Hard to believe our Elizabeth was a poor judge of character but so it would seem. Like Wickham, he must have had the talent to make friends quickly and act on that before people came to know him more intimately. But now I wonder what his motivation could have been in marrying Elizabeth.

Jane does have Elizabeth to turn to for some advice here and maybe Elizabeth has learned to be a better, a more insightful judge of character than she was in her own marriage.

Thank for this chapter.
Sheila L. M chapter 1 . 7/13/2016
Has this been published? I looked for it. I have not yet begun reading it about am asking if after I finished reading it you would or would NOT want me to review it on Goodreads? I will honor what ever you say...now to read:

This promises to be an enthralling story...Elizabeth opposed to marriage due to a poor experience at the hands of her first husband. I do believe Darcy was fortunate to gain so many dances. What was he thinking...to dance 3 dances with any lady? And Caroline, to make such a statement about one who is above you in status...have you no discernment?

And we have Georgiana, at hand, wounded by Ramsgate already. So Darcy has 2 wounded birds in hand. How insightful for him to think of what Elizabeth's mien might be hiding.
Jansfamily4 chapter 28 . 7/4/2016
WONDERFUL WONDERFUL STORY. I so enjoyed it. I hope you will write more P&P stories.
457 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »