Reviews for Miles Between Us
Crystal Spinning chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
FIRST OFF. Can I say how I love the way you captured Tenten's drive? How you discussed her need to be of use, to feel needed and wanted as a shinobi - which relates to so many things about her character (or lack of it, damn Kishimoto) development: her desire to be a legendary kunoichi, her lack of surname in a village where the majority of characters have them, her lack of kekkei genkai or monstrous strength on a pretty well-known team. That's so vital to the little exposition we get to her character - above all, Tenten wants to be wanted, wants and needs to be needed.
I love Neji's possessiveness and his justification for stalking Tenten and Shikamaru, lmao. I love Gai and Lee's reaction to her letter. I LOVE the emphasis on her friendship with Lee. She always wrote Lee, which touches me. I like to think of their friendship as something very simple and sibling-like. Protective on both ends, with fondness and ease.
It's the opposite of a lot of Tenten and Neji's projected interactions - they have the same comfort and ease, but with the sexual tension and undertones that sometimes make things seem a little off. They know each other well, understand each other instinctively - but when Neji doesn't know what to say or when Tenten is upset, they're missing the cathartic ability to lash out and then sleep it off. They both haunt the other.
A line that I felt really summed that up was: "Fingers brushed against fingers, and when Tenten looked at him in surprise, he answered simply: "I will."
I ESPECIALLY love that you didn't put "looked UP at him". It may seem like a tiny syntactical difference, but it means the world. They are equals. They are on the same playing field. And that's the beauty of their relationship.
SORRY THIS WAS SO LONG I JUST LOVE YOUR WRITING SO MUCH I CAN'T STOP AND I FEEL THE NEED TO REVIEW EVERYTHING I'VE EVER READ BY YOU SO YOU KNOW HOW IMPORTANT IT IS.
Otaku Neko Ninja Miko Tenshi chapter 1 . 2/26/2014
S'awww! Super sweet, cute end, and I loved it! Gah, my review cannot do it justice :C
BlackBrightField2007 chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
aw nice ending!
Crazycally chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
That was really good :)
emirozus chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
Stop writing so good . It makes me jealous Great oneshot!
anthropomorphychan chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
Shikamaru is just the perfect character for Neji to be jealous with - I love them! :D I thoroughly enjoyed the fic. Your portrayal of Neji is certainly one of my favourites to date. And though Shikamaru featured so little, I have to say that I like his characterisation too. Amazing how much you can convey in so few words and action. Lovely job.
kenni no. 1 chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
hmm, reads like a prequel. *hint hint*
OSYH chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Loved it! So simple and heartfelt.
Young Goodman Brown chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
yes yes yes. i, too, love me some jealous neji. all the time. every time. because neji seriously is the best candidate for jealousy, bitter grudge-holding 13 year old boy he used to be mhmm XD

this story was very cute-i imagine that, out of all naruto couples, a two-year-long separation for these two would be the most difficult since they always seem to be the closest and most in tune with one another. (except for mayyyybe shikaino. and long-term separation is par for the course with sasusaku/anyone, naruhina/anyone, shikatema, and etc...) of course, a good impetus for them to finally get together ;)

and, thanks to you, i've discovered a new song! melikes!

cheers
Nanoue-chan chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
awesome story! I loved it!
DarkAnonymous324 chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
Wonderful work. I really enjoyed reading this.
Chicharito chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
Very cute, although I think you overuse "chocolate brown" and "gray orbs" when referring to their eyes.
Midnight Insomniac chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
AWWW XD

I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT VALENTINE'S DAY! DAMN MY WRITING MUSE! :p

Keep writing!

M.I.
Sepsis chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
So tenten has a mission in Tea country and Neji cant wait to see her? :) Yeah, hes probably used to his own team, I guess theyre faster than Shikamarus..;) And he really wants to see Tenten.

I can understand Neji here, Im also not sure if I would want Tenten to stay with me or let her work..? I mean she really wants to do that and wants to feel useful, I can understand her, too. I guess it was the right decision to let her go and do what she wants..?

Haha, and how Neji described Tenten in Lees and Gais words! xDD I love to see more of ShikaTen here. ;) Nejis reacton to what tenten told him was priceless, haha! xD or that he attacked Shikamaru just because he was nearly kissing Tenten, oh god! But Tenten lets Shikamaru lie there on the ground? xD

"Gai somersaulted backward to stop himself from kicking the Hyuuga prodigy in the face." I have to admit somehow I really liked the image of that..xD

But Neji cant be serious? He doesnt even write her but expects Tenten to write him? Thats such a..Neji-like thing! And I think its fitting that Tenten sends him something anyway.. ;)

I loved the ending! At first I was annoyed by Neji being Neji when he didnt tell her his real thoughts and feeling but I loved that she wanted him to stay with her. :) A very sweet story!