Reviews for The Order's Best Years
Anne-Lilian chapter 8 . 3/14/2016
How do you keep doing this to me? Leaving me in tears and hoping that it was all just a dream. I knew what was going to happen (thank my sister for the spoilers), and I knew you were going to adhere to canon, but it was still heartbreaking.
Still, it was an amazing read, and I loved every single minute of it. I've also started reading your AC2 novelisation, so expect a lot more reviews from me! Great work!
Anne
Elven-in-name chapter 8 . 8/19/2015
Wow. A short chapter, or does is feel short beacuse I read it pretty quickly(?) Anyways, I liked it. I liked it from beginning to abrupt ending. It was nice to have some justice delivered to Malik, in the form of A Baby! I forgot about Tazim( his name had a strange but cool meaning). And what did I say about children in the last review? I was right. :D anyways. That made it a nice chapter. I liked the title, now I understand it. The dream with milk and honey was hard to imagine(what, is it flowing from the skies). A strange ending, but I didn't burst into tears. Strange enough, still, now my eyes are a bit burning... Guess my manly pride doesn't allow me some tears.
Elven-in-name chapter 7 . 8/19/2015
I don't even know where to begin. A great chapter. A title that fits well. I liked Malik's dark thoughts. Probably because they seem hard to write, because you need to know those thoughts.

About Malik and Barahka, their relationship was heartwarming. I liked this chapter as it fit into Hurt/Comfort genre. In spite of what some reviewer said( sorry , nothing personal), an olderly man could have had a ( sexual) relationship with a young woman, quite often in those times. That was to secure a healthy pregnancy and a healthy child, if the couple had any.

I hope Barakha(miracle or whatever her name meant) is alive. What does it mean "to offer a coup"? She wanted to give Malik that, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with tea. Some mistakes in this chap: "as" instead of "has" , "his" instead of "he". Just that to report.
Elven-in-name chapter 6 . 8/19/2015
This is the best thing you've ever written. It's good. I mean well written...
Sad. Tragic. And yes, Sef is at his best potential here. When he makes that speech to the new recruits, long but interesting, and when he has the talk with Malik. Funny. That little talk made Malik "guilty". Damned. And in the ending, Malik still made a stand and protected the Creed from old spiteful "lion"(that's an insult to lions) Abbas. He still helped Altair, like he always does. Poor Malik.
Elven-in-name chapter 5 . 8/17/2015
Okay. I can see where this is going. Poor Malik. He saw what is coming, when it was already too late. And Swami an OC? The name is familliar( associated with Abbas).

About Abbas...I think Altair is wrong about him. He doesn't only hate The Mentor, but everything he has done, as well. Otherwise he woldn't have killed poor S**.
Elven-in-name chapter 4 . 8/17/2015
Wonderful. This chapter is even better than the previous. And yes, Darim and Sef are great characters. My favourite is Darim. But I liked Sef when he behaved like a man. And my reaction towards the young pregnancy was " What? What...What!" So, yeah, I liked it, really.
Elven-in-name chapter 3 . 8/15/2015
Okay. My favorite part of this chapter was the beginning. "The training". The apple dimmed in comparison to that, but it was still "cool". I didn't pay enough attention to the Codex to know of the 9-11 "vision". A terrible event, I'm somehow glad I was young enough to "ignore" it. I liked this, anyways. Also, my highschool history teacher told me "jihad" has two meanings: a peaceful and a more violent meaning.
Elven-in-name chapter 2 . 8/3/2015
Poor Malik? Poor me! It was... It was...0-0. It was a great chapter. The fight with Maria, I liked it the most. Awesome. A question: so, is Darim the older brother? Or is Sef? That scene in ACII makes it look like Sef is the first born. Which is Altair and Maria's first born? Thanks!
Elven-in-name chapter 1 . 8/3/2015
Wow. I began reading this as a break from AC Brotherhood Novelization. Now I can't stop until I finish it... :)
time2read chapter 8 . 5/3/2015
Firstly I wanted to say I loved you AC1 novelization but I think what u did here with Malik is disgraceful. You did a cop out where a 17 yr old girl sleeps with a 60 or so year man for plot purposes. Malik could have been married for yrs and simply not able to have children for a while read my ff'of a beginning' and maybe u will change your mind. I stand by the fact that malik is not timid around women he jsut avoids them and ugh I cant believe such awesome writers would do this to malik and a girl who is like 40yrs younger ...
nessa11997 chapter 4 . 10/28/2014
Poor Malik XD
Anon chapter 8 . 3/31/2014
Malik! This story just made me love him more. Great writing, as always :o) I don't know what to feel. At one point I'm glad Malik has come to realize how much he is loved, and at the other point I am pained by the fact that he has suffered so much :o( and then the abrupt end! Gosh. The responsibility he felt towards Sef and relating that to Kadar broke my heart :o( once again, I applaud you for such a fantastic read. A brilliant fic- one you can't find too often. Great job divoluging into Malik and his character. I felt like the characterization of everyone was spot on. Hopefully you guys keep writing Assassin's creed! I'm sure a lot of us appreciate the dedication put in to publishing these fics! :o)
miss-cold chapter 8 . 11/22/2013
absolutely gorgeous and heart wrenching. What a life to have led, so full of pain and suffering and love and joy. You captured those in between moments of life so beautifully, of waiting for someone to come home, of piles of paperwork, old friend ships, growth of families and life long connections, the passing of generations and fond and painful memories. This has been a beautiful rendition of one mans life and the time it took him to live it. There is a poetic sense if time in this that is so often hard to come by.
I loved it and it has left me with a strange sense of sorrow but of peace as well. Thank you for this piece of work it's lovely
Just. ME chapter 8 . 9/4/2013
Seriously? I MEAN SERIOUSLY?!
"That was when Swami killed him."
... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo!
I now that is how the original ends but NO! thats just- I mean- isnt it-
That just came too sudden! One sentence above I was like "Best Malik storry ever" and then you kill me with the next...
Im having an emotional breakdown right no. Can you maby write an alternate ending?
Still: Gorgeous.
Qir chapter 8 . 6/18/2013
You are the best. Beautiful fic, it's hard not to cry. And this symbolism - well written.