Reviews for Hard to Love You
Martyna Malecka chapter 33 . 11/20
I really like this story so far, although I'm not so sure I really like Mackenzie all that much. She just seems kind of too weak to be a hunter, it's like she can't even win a simple fist fight.
January Lily chapter 11 . 11/19
Dude, you had me fooled for a second with the drunk act thing! But then when you got the holy water in there-I was like hell yes! Way to go Kenz! You go girl! It's cool yet sad to see Kenz like this. I mean, I feel that life has made her kinda bitter now, but she's badass-if that makes sense. haha. (I say that a lot) I hope she finds what she's looking for! *cough* her sister *cough*
January Lily chapter 10 . 11/19
hnljkvfdnjcv nm .dcvkm;xc;m,kc kned;klghegkenrg (Those are my feelings toward John. Words can't even express how pissed at him I am) My heart literally broke for Kenz this chapter. I'm not crying. You're crying. *Hold on, needs a minute to compose myself and grabs a tissue* I didn't expect Michael dying to be so heartbreaking. I thought it would be...i don't know-refreshing? That Kenz got rid of that weight, but no. It's written so beautifully and perfectly. It sets so many things up. Like, can Kenz survive on her own? Will she find her sister? Gah! *blows nose again*
January Lily chapter 9 . 11/19
Gah! Michael! So NOT the way to go about things with your daughter! I mean, I get that he's bitter toward the Winchesters, but your daughter's happiness should be your top priority! But no. You ass (This is directed toward Michael, not you, friend. haha) And then wtf-you hit her! Ass almost seems to pleasant of a thing to call the lowlife! But hell yes for Kenz taking a stand and leaving her abusive father. And it's not just psychical abusive, but his actions have been emotional abuse and have almost manipulated his daughter. But John! No-you ass too! Ugh! Why? Why must you all be so set against them! I understand that "the life" isn't easy-but c'mon guys! You don't see what we're seeing here! haha. Why do I feel like John is going to be a douche about this? Here's to hoping I'm wrong! lol.

Loved this chapter, friend! :D
January Lily chapter 8 . 11/19
Oh, the awkward morning after...but Kenz initiated it! She was definitely overthinking thing...even if it normally is true. Then again, it is easier to be the one to leave first than lay there and maybe get your heart broken. But thankfully Dean caught her! He can't let a girl like that get away! Dean trying to convince Kenz to come with him was cute. I mean, I can see where she's coming from. Scared of making a bit life change from everything that she's ever known. It's definitely not easy, that's for sure! But then holy crap...Michael at the end. Why do I have a gut feeling that this isn't going to bode well for Kenz and Dean?
January Lily chapter 7 . 11/19
Dean, such a gentleman...through it all. ;) Worried about Kenz and how to please her. (Please take that with a double meaning. haha) But before we get to sexy times, I thought it was sweet how Kenz just spilled *almost* everything to Dean. That shows how much she trusts him. Their incredible bond. :) Gah! I freaking love those two. And then things got a little more heated...and Dean still worried about how Kenz was with it all. It's so obvious he cares for her
January Lily chapter 6 . 11/19
First, let me just say that your title choice really got me intrigued to read this chapter. Like will she find home with Dean? Maybe not necessarily now-but it's got to be building up to that-and it's adorable. Actually, to be honest, your chapter titles are perfect. I suck at making them. haha. Now to actual meat of the story-Dean at a country bar? bahahahahaha. Just that first introduction to it made me laugh. Dean being protective of Kenz was adorable. It wasn't what he was expecting to do right off the bat, but he's such a good protector. Damn. Kissing again. Those two can't keep their hands (or lips) to themselves-but I love it. There's just this attraction between them that is so intense that neither of them quite understands it yet. They seem to be what the other is looking for and it's adorable.
January Lily chapter 5 . 11/19
No Michael! More withdrawn! C'mon-your daughter just wants you to love her, you idiot. Although, I'm glad that he's at least hunting other things instead of just completely giving up. Dean and Kenz meeting again! Yesssss! I'm glad that they got the "I'm a hunter' thing out of the way. lol. It just means that they'll actually *hopefully* be able to make a more meaningful connection. Not to mention that they can bond over similar family situations. Which more was revealed after she went back to Michael. You can tell things are bad because she calls her father by his first name. He's so cold to her and it drives me nuts that someone could do that to their kid. But for a reader, I'm loving all the tension you're adding to your story. It's really making a breaking point for Kenz to *maybe* branch out on her own. She seems more than capable, but he just won't give her the chance!
January Lily chapter 4 . 11/19
Yesssssss...John and Michael "starting" to team up. I feel that if things hadn't gotten messed up...and they didn't have kids to think about, they could have made a badass hunting duo. haha. *I'm gonna go have hunting headcanons now* lol Quinn's the favorite?! What? This took a turn (a good one, btw haha) I think he is telling the truth, but now it makes me wonder about Sam! You just gave me more questions to ponder, which is exactly what a reader needs! I feel so bad for Michael that he pissed John off though-I mean, not only for the badass thing that could have happened, but the fact that when you lose John Winchester's trust, he can be a pain. And then the end with Kenz and her dad. :( You sure know how to break my heart (in a good way) haha. This story keeps getting better and better! Love ya!
January Lily chapter 3 . 11/19
I felt so bad for Kenz. Thinking about her sister when she was with Sam and Dean. :( The ham and pineapple pizza made me literally laugh out loud from our previous conversations. ;) It's sad that kids really can't plan for a next time. Dean trying to shush Sam up was adorable. Awwwww...Kenz and Dean holding hands...and then the first kiss! Ah! My feels are all over this chapter! That's takes a talented author to have a reader go from one feeling to another so quickly! John and Michael meeting up...dun dun dunnnnn... Another lovely chapter, friend!
January Lily chapter 2 . 11/19
I totally feel for Kenz in the situation with her dad. She wants to bond with him and have a relationship, but he almost seems a little distant because he's so hell-bent on revenge! That if he can only get the chance, then he'll focus on Kenz again, but right now he needs to get the thing that killed most of his family! She's trying so hard!

The Kenz and Dean meet-up was totally adorable. :D I'm only through two chapters and I already ship them. But Dean, inviting a girl to eat pizza with you...and your brother? Guys...sometimes. haha! But I still love him. It's so cute to see Kenz happy- but, I mean, this is SPN after all. haha.
January Lily chapter 1 . 11/19
First, let me just say that it's about time I got around to reading and reviewing something you've written! :D (Sorry, it took so long.) First, I love how you started Kenz's story. It really hooks me into your story. Now from what we've spoken about Kenz and her background, I kind of had an idea of what to expect, but holy crap! That hit me in the feels! Her mother and sister! Poor girl! I love the parallels to the Winchesters and I can't wait to see how that plays into the story. And then the ten years later part. Ugh. Poor girl. Why does everything SPN have to be so heartbreaking? It's beautifully written! You've got me super pumped to continue reading this story!

This review is also to serve a second purpose-I know that sometimes when people leave me a decent review it gives me a bit of motivation to keep writing it. Now, I know I'm a terrible reviewer! haha. But I just don't want you to lose hope with this story. You have something really fantastic here that not only do plenty of other people love, but I love it too! Granted, I've loved Kenz for a while now :) Love ya!
sPnFaN chapter 15 . 10/21
It's nice seeing her with them now. I'm still really liking this.
sPnFaN chapter 1 . 10/21
Why have I not read this sooner? I'm hooked already.
Really interesting.