Reviews for This Is The End
caroline.gill3 chapter 1 . 6/27
i love the story cause it makes you think
reader chapter 1 . 6/16
great story, very sensitive written.
Teri1 chapter 1 . 4/18
Impresive story. Sad and tragic.

Also, I agree with you. No one deserves to be raped, no one ask to be raped. A person needs to much courage to report it.

Amazing story, a very difficult topic. Great job, and thanks for sharing.
caroline.gill.7712 chapter 1 . 3/13
i love this story cause it shows that even heroes hurt sometimes
bluecrystal angel chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
I like the way you dealt with this issue in this story sensitive and realistic. I've read too many in which the raped character somehow just manages to shrug the trauma off or forgives the people who didn't support them too easily and quickly that doesn't happen in reality and makes light of a rather serious issue which even the police at times don't take serious enough though this is finally improving here in the UK
Kimmysports1993 chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
sad but good
SparkedSnarkedFemme chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
Hey, hey, hi. This is a very well written story and I like it. Thanks for writing it, lovey!
Annie chapter 1 . 7/18/2014
I can't help but feel like the Enterprise senior staff was locked out too quickly. They thought Jim was trying to tell them about his wild night, and of course no one wants to hear about another's wild night of sex. I speak in ignorance because I (along with nobody I know) has ever been raped, so I have no experience with their feelings or actions in the aftermath. I acknowledge that Uhura was rather cold, and someone should've probably noticed something strange about Jim's actions (i.e. that "that night" was not a pleasant memory for a reason); but all in all, it feels like nobody communicated and when amends were attempted, they were told to "fuck off".
Romanse chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
Re: your A/N 2:

Ok, but bear in mind that FB should be Honest, so that doesn't mean the reader is obliged to say they loved it if they didn't. Most readers now a days would rather just not be bothered saying anything at all because of writer's poor response to honest fb.

I didn't enjoy this story.

There are a few reasons why, but first I will say that you wrote the story from the most honest perspective of a rape victim that you had. However, for me, the writing lacked a sufficient level of sophistication for this plot. First, the choice to use second person POV was waay too limiting for the story. There was too much telling and not enough showing of important crew interaction. Whole scenes that needed to be there for more complete story telling where just ...missing and the scenes where you did show crew interaction were just too simplistically written to be believable or effective. That being said, the chief complaint I have with this story is what I think is your desire to write a story about a victim of rape, without any sort of REAL understanding and realistic application to the character of James T. Kirk.

I understand that writing the story was important, but character integrity should NEVER be sacrificed for the sake of a plot. The story read to me, as if you had forgotten that Kirk is a Star Ship Captain, and exactly what that means in terms of the psychological makeup of someone who is in charge of hundreds of lives and entrusted with a mission of deep space exploration. The Jim you wrote is not an alpha male. He's mentally far too weak and vindictive. I personally would NEVER want to serve under any person who is that weak and thus, at the end of the story, instead of entirely feeling, "oh poor Jim", I'm actually saying to myself when he leaves the Enterprise, "don't let the back door hit ya on the way out." That's not the reaction you were going for.
If I had beta'd this, I would have urged you to SLOW down the story. THINK carefully about how you move the character from Point A (alpha male Star Ship Captain) to Point B (who sticks their tongue out and takes their marbles home from the playground.) Take your time to develop quality character interaction that ALWAYS keeps in mind WHY the person is behaving that way. Above all, KEEP IT REAL. No matter how inconvenient it is, or how much faster it would be to just move the character from point A to point B, don't do it unless you can SHOW the reader, not tell the reader!

I hope you keep writing fanfic and that you enjoy it. Anyone can writer, but writing well does take time and is not always fun. Sadly, it's not always rewarded with FB of any kind, much less honest FB.
Lawlady562 chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
Another writer recently wrote a story I like and gave credit to this story for the idea. I decided to check this story out and wow! This was pretty powerful. I am now off to read more of your stories. Thanks.
Lymerick chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
wonderful, but heart-breaking story
Tripod Gal chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
I like this piece. It is extremely well written and does highlight extremely well the situation within society today.
Congratulations for having the courage to write such a controversial and thought provoking piece, and doing it so in character as well. Bravo.
Avirra chapter 1 . 5/1/2012
Well done, though I hate that more of the crew didn't stand behind Jim.

I seem to remember when someone was trying to use the fact that victim had slept around in the past to say that meant that they couldn't have been raped (implying that only virgins could be raped). The response back was that just because they'd donated blood to the Red Cross, that didn't give anyone else the right to walk up and stab them.
Saavikam69 chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
Thank you for this story. I think it helps put rape in perspective. NO ONE ever asks to be raped.
Kalidris chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Wow, that was an intense story. Are you planning a companion piece? I really hope so because I really would like to read about the thoughts Kirk's bridge crew has when they find out how wrong they have misjudged and treated him.