Reviews for Healing the Wild
Cheile chapter 12 . 3/12
Holy hell, girl! So much tension in this one short chapter! The only complaint I have about it is that it seemed to go by a bit too fast and parts of it felt a bit more like telling rather than showing, such as Armando figuring out that it was the authorities showing up. But that’s just MHO—maybe he has better instincts than some villains would. I DO really like that he immediately accused Juarez of being the snitch, however—that’s a refreshing change from the typical villain tactic of correctly assuming that the main character/major hostage is the guilty one.

OMG REALLY KRISTIN?! SHUT UP, YOU’RE IN ENOUGH DANGER AND THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO BE NOBLE. :facepalm: Awesome that Juarez leaps to her defense when Armando preps to shoot her. I thought for sure he had her when he grabbed her ankle but I was so glad to see her get free again.

AUGH, she got shot after all! I did adore the ending with Nathan pleading her to hang on. Eeee, my shipper heart.

And you are absolutely horrid, leaving it off on this kind of cliffhanger! I hope the next update comes soon! Great chapter despite the fact that I’m now a little mad at you for leaving me hanging like this, LOL. ;)
jujuone23 chapter 12 . 3/12
Oh, wow, that was exciting! What a way to end it! You really know how to leave us wanting more don't you, lol? Great chapter. Hope to see another one soon!
Cheile chapter 11 . 2/25
Damn, you really amped things up in this chapter! I can already tell that Armando is way worse than Diaz but I also like how Armando is clearly making Diaz aware of who is really in charge. And while I don’t trust Armando not to keep his hands off Kristin, I kinda like that he puts down Diaz by pointing out that she’s much more valuable for her medical skills than she would be as a mistress.

Okay I can slightly forgive the corrupt cop if his wife and baby were threatened. In that world, you’re usually not left with much of a choice :/

I do like that the good guys are not far behind but I am wondering if someone won’t notice them following, especially when they get off the beaten path/if there’s no other cars around? Guess I will have to wait and see. But then again, given where Armando has his base, maybe that will give them the advantage. I like his logic that hiding in plain sight makes it easier to hide. OTOH, that makes him scarier because it shows he is smart.

I had a feeling Diaz was gonna pay for that screw-up—and I was right. Guh. Now that leaves poor Kristin in the hands of someone ten times worse. ACK. Oh I hope they can get her outta there—something tells me Armando won’t be as easy to get around!

Thanks for the updates and I hope to see more soon!
Cheile chapter 10 . 2/25
Yay, you updated this! So glad to see more of it!

Not surprised to see people wanting to volunteer to help rescue Kristin, tho I’m still suspicious of the Cartagena police chief and whether or not he may be helping Diaz. I dunno why—I just….erg. I sense things are not quite over. Adored Crocker’s moment of introspection in mentally saying what we all know—that this is not just abt the fact that Kristin is a fellow crewmember, but so much more in Nathan’s eyes….

I got a good giggle out of Miguel playing the drunkard and glad he was able to use it to slip Kristin the little listening device. Now we just have to hope no one noticed or finds it on her later on.

Oh crap, Armando knows about Lucas’ hacking attempts—this is not good.

#$# & ! They were so close! And okay I was wrong about the police chief being the traitor but my gut was right that there was a traitor around! Damn it! Oh I hope they don’t kill Kristin for this! Hurrying to the next chapter….
jujuone23 chapter 11 . 2/16
This is great. I am really loving this story, even the very graphic stuff. I can't wait for Nathan to catch up with them!
jujuone23 chapter 10 . 2/15
Very exciting chapter. I'm so glad you have had a writing splurge lately, lol!
Cheile chapter 9 . 4/20/2014
oh that poor kid, to have to listen to Diaz's version of events. ick. but now the whole story comes out, in both versions. rather sad that, like so many, Reese fell into the needing-money trap, only to get in too deep with someone extreme. i did like that Nathan was nice to him about it, though i would have liked a look at his thoughts to see how he really feels. (but that's just me cuz i like getting into characters' heads)

on the other hand, hurray for Lucas' hacking skills! now let's hope Diaz doesn't have any hackers working for him or any software that will find Lucas' little subroutine or that could spell trouble. i do continue to hope that the Cartagena police chief is not corrupt in any way/working with Diaz or it could screw everything up. (suspicious reader is suspicious, i can't help it :P)

hope you are able to update soon!
Cheile chapter 8 . 4/20/2014
and now Nathan knows what we know...that the effects are wearing off and Kristin might not be so lucky next time. eeeek. x.x I did like the conversation with Lucas that wrapped up the scene...very realistic.

[ I came to see you this morning and figured you must be exhausted after last night. You were sleeping very peacefully. I could not bring myself to wake you] - you write slimy villains so well, but still...ew ew ew ew! did he TOUCH her, too? God I hope not! :shudder:

side note - I never heard them refer to it as a "vidphone" but as the "vid link". your mileage may vary but i thought i'd mention it anyway.

the last scene, especially near the end, was the bomb. love that Nathan didn't budge or buy into Diaz's gross insinuations, love that he told her (even tho Diaz took issue to that) and especially loved how Nathan told him that he is gonna hunt him down. woo yea, the gauntlet has been thrown and that bastard better watch his back but good. LOVE IT!
Cheile chapter 7 . 3/27/2014
nice introduction of the police chief in Cartagena. i just hope the guy isn't crooked somehow. not surprised that he assumes that Kristin is dead, even though there's no body. since he doesn't know all the details, i figure he must be assuming that Diaz dumped her body somewhere. good for Nathan for putting his foot down about said assumption.

Diaz is getting grosser by the chapter. i want to kick his ass, LOL.

the last scene has me scared for Kristin now, that the next time she might not be so lucky. eeeeek :/ :chews nails:
Cheile chapter 6 . 3/27/2014
first off, i'm not sure how long ago this chapter was first published, but belated congrats on your baby's birth and i hope he is doing well :) and now on to the story.

i love that Bill is on to the fact that Nathan has an affection for Kristin, even if he doesn't pursue the matter for the time being. i hope he does later on, though ;)

second, uggh, poor Kristin having to put herself in that position to help Diaz get what he wanted. :shudder: i can imagine how awful she feels and that was before Diaz pretends to be all concerned for her welfare. ick! someone get her out of there!

(suggestion, i would put a warning A/N at the head of the chapter for its content, as it might disturb some people. better safe than sorry, IMO. you never know how some readers will react.)
Cheile chapter 5 . 3/27/2014
Ew ew ew, Diaz is such a creepster. Forget how his goons are looking at Kristin, I don't like how HE is looking at her!

aww, poor Lucas. I am glad to see Nathan being fatherly and there for him. Those were some of my favorite moments in canon so I love seeing it shown in fics :)

total LOL at Reese misjudging Lucas cuz he's so young. I can just picture the insulted look on Lucas' face, haha.

:mutters choice words about Diaz' last remark: Nathan is gonna make you regret the day you were born when he gets his hands on you, you jerk. just you wait :P
jujuone23 chapter 8 . 1/26/2014
Really enjoyed this chapter...very creative!i hope to read more soon. Love the prtoective nature of Nathan and Lucas toward Kristin and especially love Kristin as written!
123writer chapter 8 . 1/26/2014
Yay! So glad you're writing this story again! I really like it can't wait to read more.
jujuone23 chapter 7 . 1/4/2014
Would love to read more from this wonderful story!
Cheile chapter 4 . 10/6/2013
Aww poor Nathan feeling all guilty cuz of what happened! Love the action in this chapter.