Reviews for Though This Be Madness
N chapter 14 . 1/19/2015
11/10
Random Flyer chapter 14 . 2/2/2014
I really enjoyed this story. You told it very well. I'm also blaming you for my staying up almost three hours past my bed time. Hope you've got the sequel started! ;)
blackkitty95 chapter 14 . 1/31/2014
Oh my gosh...This was such an amazing story! I read it all in one go and absolutely loved it! It had me captivated since the very chapter. A great idea turning into a very intriguing and well-written story. Well done!
blackkitty95 chapter 9 . 1/31/2014
Right now my eyes are wet with tears. This was such a lovely, heart-breaking but also heart-warming chapter.

I really like where the story is going. Also, it is very well-written. I love it!
blackkitty95 chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
I have no idea how you came up with this idea, but I am very glad that you did. This story seems to be very interesting and promising.
Axelrocks chapter 14 . 6/6/2013
I read, in your last chapter, that you would be happy to reviews and I was appalled to see that you hadn't reached that number. This beautiful story should have SO many more than just 200!

I am fairly new to the Sherlock fandom, but I have seen every episode twice or more. The last Star Trek movie brought me here, because the moment I saw Khan, I had to know who that beautiful man was. I have always liked Sherlock Holmes and when I found out he played one, I had to watch the show and here I am! I am obsessed! So, I came on this site looking for Sherlock and John friendship stories(I don't read slash AT ALL) and I found this gem! It was so well-written and I pictured this as a real episode. You got all the characters spot on and I heard their voices in my head as I read their dialogue. And as I was reading this I was listening to the Sherlock soundtrack and that just made my reading experience so much better! (Not that it wasn't already amazing!) :D

I am so looking forward to the sequel, in fact I am about to go and start reading RIGHT NOW! Thank you for writing this lovely story, I am so fortunate to have stumbled across it and happy 200th review! You deserve it and many more! :)
Shacklebolt's Mistress chapter 14 . 5/23/2013
I am so disappointed that I couldn't be the 200th review on this and make your day, but 199th is surely almost as good.

I loved every second of this! And your thesis sounds awesome. But, back to the fic, I thought you executed a daring plot incredibly well and kept the characters true to canon and... I'm trying so hard to be constructive and helpful in the way I write this review but a part of me just wants to mash on buttons and draw a smiley face, favourite this and be done with it.
So, i thought the pace of the story was equal and well measured, the settings were brilliant- without getting caught up in exposition (so easy to do) and you too saw how great a character Molly is and wrote her accordingly.

Thank you for writing this.

S.M x
CherryFlavouredPoison chapter 14 . 4/18/2013
Oh, I liked this story so much...! You really did a great job, I liked the idea of potentially-mentally-ill Sherlock, and ABSOLUTELY loved chapter nine. It was awesome.
Also, this story is now finished, right? (Cos it doesn't say 'complete' in the description, hence the question) And you mentioned about uploading a sequel. Have you done that already? Do tell, cos I'll be willing to read some more of it :)

- Cherry
P.S - English is not my mother tongue, therefore I apologize for any mistakes.
Scarlett Raine chapter 14 . 4/15/2013
This story was amazing. Sherlock, John, Molly, and Mycroft were very well kept in character and the dialogue was fantastic.
I can't wait until the sequel! :)
Arathelia chapter 7 . 12/24/2012
Oh Mycroft, you dog. I must say, it makes sense he would want to keep his brother safe, but to put him back on drugs and fuck up his mind completely? That is just terrible.

Absolutely bloody brilliant plot. I am loving it.
the Twice-ler chapter 11 . 11/10/2012
Two things.

One- I don't know if you get any sort of "You've got mail!" message for anonymous reviews, but regardless, I would like to let you know that I am still eagerly awaiting the sequel to this story. :)

Two- Just noticed this. Sherlock says in Chapter 11, "I'm not the only Englishman with a genius-level IQ capable of faking his own death." I am nitpicky, I know. But Moriarty is Irish.
ofClockworkCandles chapter 14 . 10/2/2012
But...but...but... I need more story... :( You have a rather fantastic way of ripping my heart out and then putting it back only to rip it out again and crumple it. I Love your work- you are truly talented.
A-Thieving-magpie chapter 14 . 8/21/2012
You. Are. Brilliant. The Best fic I have possibly ever read, ever. I've been reading it for a few nights in a row now and you had me completely hooked, the story, plot, characters, dialogue, EVERYTHING was fantastic. *bows down to your writing skills* it's awesome, thank you for all the time and effort you've obviously put into this. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
A Nonnie Mouse chapter 14 . 8/14/2012
I have to agree with the last few reviews on my feelings towards this chapter.

Don't get me wrong. It's an amazing story but I felt this was a poor end to it. And I know you're setting things up for a sequel but the thing about a series is that each story does need to be self-contained in itself in a way so issues need to be brought up for us to know if they've been resolved or they're going to be focused on later - not just forgotten about.

And I get what you were trying to do with this one but I think, in all honesty, you'd have been better leaving the story with the last chapter and finishing on a cliffhanger because what you try to resolve in this one comes off as incredibly rushed and not very believable.

Like:

"I realized after a read-through that this story is almost entirely made of angst and I didn't want to delve into another whole set of issues just as the story was coming to a close."

But that's the thing, there are A LOT of new issues brought up here, such as how Sherlock got into this state - I felt that really should have been something we got to read about rather than being hyped up and then just seeing more of "poor, beat-up Sherlock" which has been most of this story so far anyway. Not to mention I feel like, as Hollyana said, John should have been cut some slack by the end of this. He made a mistake at the beginning but, unlike Mycroft, he's tried so much harder since to make it up to Sherlock and I feel like Sherlock should have acknowledged that more and felt guilty for drugging and leaving John before.

Also:

"resolve what I found to be the biggest conflict between John and Mycroft and their differing views on Sherlock's safety"

I didn't see any resolve for that in this rather than just a rushed attempt that felt kind of off because it was Mycroft talking John down when I didn't feel he had the right to do that. Yes, he worries about Sherlock in his own way but the difference is that John quickly realised that way of 'caring' for Sherlock was wrong and has been trying to fix it. So it felt kind of cheap for Mycroft to be the one getting the upper hand in that argument and John to be accused of 'letting Sherlock go' when he'd had no choice in the matter. He'd been drugged (which was a completely dick move on Sherlock's part and, as Hollyana said, REALLY should have been touched on here). Whereas Mycroft hasn't really done anything to earn redemption in the reader's eyes for the past few chapters.

Sorry for having this review on your last chapter not be the most positive. I wish I'd discovered the story earlier so I could have praised the other chapters more because this was a brilliant story with just a rather weak ending. But the good thing about doing a sequel means you're able to resolve what wasn't done here so that's something to be happy about. :)

Hopefully you won't leave us waiting too long for the sequel. x
the Twice-ler chapter 14 . 8/6/2012
So, I read this last chapter the day it was posted, or maybe the day after, and have been putting off reviewing it because I'm not sure how to say what I think. But Hollyana said it pretty much perfectly so I'm going to just use her/his words-

"Though I have to admit that I was a bit underwhelmed by this ending. I'm glad to hear there will be a sequel because, yes, there are a LOT of loose ends here and it's good to know that they will be tied up."

Underwhelmed. That's the word I've been looking for. I also agree with her/him in that it was a little off-putting that we didn't get to see how Sherlock got to 221b. I thought I must have missed something but no, apparently not.

I also must say that I was a little confused at the beginning of the chapter as to what was going on. Maybe it's just me, but I was... quite confused. The entire chapter... I hate to say it, but meh. It's a lot of dialogue, and really no action at all, and I do love some good angst but this is just more of the same-Mycroft being Mycroft, John being worried and guilty and angry, and then Sherlock-I don't know, his return felt a bit off somehow. Like there was something missing. I don't know what I was hoping for, maybe him appearing before a crowd of people which included Moriarty, all of whom unaware of his previous location, with him calmly spouting deductions, his old self again. I wasn't really picturing this so it's not like I'm disappointed that that didn't happen, but his grand return just wasn't so grand... I really don't know what it's missing. Maybe the fact that he's unconscious for it is what's bothering me.

Please don't feel that I'm bashing this chapter, I still love the story. All that's left to say it I am very glad that there will be a sequel, and I'll be waiting for the first chapter.