Reviews for Never Think
milly chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
it was good.
naughtsandcrosses chapter 1 . 3/28/2012
I legitly started crying. This is beautiful.
Hiddennotes chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
I liked it. Wonderful story.
Lily-Blues chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
You know, this is really selfish of me, but... I really hate it when you don't post stories for a while, I get all weird and go on a spree where I re read some of your stories over and check if you've posted.. And then voila! You post and the fic is just so amazing that I don't even care.. You have this way of coming up with fics, and them just being beautiful...

You have Glen Martin of all people be the one to get Eli down from the bridge and don't have it sound fake, or unrealistic. Pure chance, but it works.

We don't know all that much about Jake other than he likes making out, food, etc etc. Nothing all that emotional or deep even.. You putting in that bit where he had "close calls" was so great, because it makes us think of a different Jake. One who we haven't met really.

"That's why you can't give your life to one person. That's not fair to you or that person. Spread yourself around with people. Trust is hard, but it's easy when you finally give in and learn to let people in."

It' so oddd to think about, yet you can't help but wonder... What would have happened if Clare hadn't been all that Eli had? What if he had chosen to confide in his parents, or if he had his friendship with Fiona? All of these little things factor in and we don't know the answer.

"Well, I think that we're...something. We're just dirt when we start off. I don't think that we can just yet call ourselves human. It sounds weird, but I think that we have to earn the label of being called a human."

I found that interesting, just that theory itself. I've never heard it before... I love Clare when she's deep in thought and just thinking out loud in your stories,,, She seems less normal, and more magical even.. Something that you have Eli notice.

"Silence became their friend then. And the peace surrounded them, and they both couldn't see a world where death was an option, because life seems beautiful at the moment. They both know that there will come a day where they might fall and never fix their broken legs, but that doesn't matter, because they are in the moment. And it's warm. And it's kind. And it's wise.

And it's life."

All in all this was a beautiful fic. I can't waity to read more of your stories in the future.
writersblock92 chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
No this is not weird this genius! I love this! I seriously wish I had talent like you! :)
CrystalNight1 chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
So this was beautiful and I already sent you this through fanmail but FINALLT FF is working so I'm glad and I wrote this while reading it so it's like live comments so... here I go:

“He says hello to the brick wall, and wishes it a good day, because he really is a good person. It's the circumstances and the loss of faith that make his edges rough and see-through. He goes on about his day, says goodbye to the daisies and the birds, because the wall talked to him. He mutters to himself and checks his watch, and asks why everything fell apart. He wants an answer, but turns it into a rhetorical question when he notices that he's alone- in more ways than one.”/ “He's a boy of seventeen, but too messed up to know that. He's fragile in the heart, and he doesn't know how that even happened. His heart is like a flame on a candle. With just a blow- he's gone.”/ “He gives the space around him his air and he closes his eyes, and he learns how it feels to not breathe. It's lovely and scary all at once. He feels golden and healthy, because he's dying. And that's so ironic that he laughs.”

Lillie, I already talked to you about this – how you incorporate so many literary devices. And these snippets in your story are perfect examples of what I’m talking about. I mean comparing his heart to a flame is beautiful Lillie, it is!

For me to even come up with the amount of comparisons/ironies/metaphors etcetera that you come up with it would take me quite a long time. And you have such a facility to come up with all of these… that’s just magnificent.

Eli thinks about Jake again, and wonders if maybe in some shape or form, they're alike. Maybe like Eli, Jake is just as lost, but he's the type to hide it and throw it away until it floats back.

"I'm sure your son is like me," Eli begins, "Maybe he just doesn't want to disappoint his father."

God bless your cat soul for pointing this out because I think this is true. If you see during the ending of Now or Never the scene between Jake and Glen you can really see that Jake just wants to make his father happy one way or another. Because he’s dependent of his father.

And with Eli you can really see that his bond with Bullfrog is so much stronger than with Cece. And in DTW Eli tried his best to not make his father worry and…

…I don’t know where I’m going with this but yeah. With their fathers these two characters are similar at some extent and I just love that you pointed that out.

"Well, I think that we're...something. We're just dirt when we start off. I don't think that we can just yet call ourselves human. It sounds weird, but I think that we have to earn the label of being called a human. For me, a human is someone who is kind and vibrant and a well-rounded person. I don't know, I think that with craziness, comes mistakes. And with mistakes, comes the title of being a human- hence what I said earlier. And, I think that you're more human than the rest of us. I can't tell you how many times I've dreamt of death, to just end the life I was given. But, I hold it in and I hold in my feelings, and I hold in my craziness, because it scares me. But you, God, Eli. You are...brave. I swear by it. Not just anyone can outwardly say that they're crazy, the kind of crazy that could lead to, you know, death."

Okay, so, yeah. I almost cried reading this whole last scene. But I couldn’t because I was at a restaurant and that would be somewhat embarrassing.

But Lillie this scene stole my breath away. This whole last scene was so stunning. And…

…I love how it didn’t end like, “Oh, Eli, I still love you!” BAM they make out.

I adore how you point out that Clare cares for Eli no matter what. No matter if they are together or not.

I love that you mention that she wanted to call him and he wanted her to call him.

Ugh I don’t even know what I’m saying anymore but this one-shot was so simple yet complex and filled with emotions and it was so, so beautiful and parfait – in the words of Eli Goldsworthy, of course.

And if you don’t believe me by now that your writing is fantastic and that you have talent then I don’t know what will.

I commend you for this piece, Lillie. You go Lillie. *heartheart.*
ForverInYourArms chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
This was so beautiful...5 stars for sure.
Ariel C. Rilmonn chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
What is this? I know the answer. It's a sweet and beautiful love story that is amazingly written and gentle
CreepyxDegrassi chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
This was amazing! Not a huge Eclare fan, but this was amazing3
ArentYouSophiaLoren-8887 chapter 1 . 2/11/2012

DING DING DING! And we have ourselves a winner! Tell them what she's won!

A hug!

And a unicorn.

Wait, no.

But you still get a virtual hug, at least. Because I think you NAILED that. Jake and Eli don't want to disappoint their dads; their dads are the only reliable constants in their lives. Jake has no mom, and Bullfrog is the only one who really stepped up to take care of Eli and get him the help he needed. Both boys are close to their fathers and hold them at a distance at the same time. Their father/son relationships are complicated, but they both just want to love them and be loved by them, too, because they need that love in their lives. Plus, I don't buy Jake's general attitude, I think he uses it as a front to cover up his own issues but I won't get into that here I already wrote a 35 page paper on it p You brought up some huge points and something the show will never explore but that's why there's fanfiction. So KUDOS for that! WOO!

I hope we get to see more of the awkward dinner and the three kids talking about the circumstances behind the dinner, because you spiked my interest that much.
MunroCFans chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
only your fanfiction could make me want to vomit on all other ships that aren't eclare
CubicleOfThoughts chapter 1 . 2/11/2012