Reviews for The Visitor
Bodmin chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Interesting start on this. The Ellinghams really just seem to remember family if they need something. "Give" is not in their dictionary. I'm just glad that there is positively no place for Martin to put his mother. With his sense of duty, he most probably would have tried to squeeze her in.

You portrayed the icy mother well. The death of Joan leaves her cold, naturally, as she never liked her. And she can more easily imagine Martin to take in lodgers rather than to have a family.

I wonder what Louisa will say to all this. It will be interesting to see these two woman clash together.
Reneebird chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
I always wondered what it would be like if one or both of Martin's parents came back. Can't wait for more!
Chapin chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Cheek! What absolute cheek for her to show up like this. Little wonder you all are remaining anonymous - sort of like the witness protection program. We are fastening our seat belts. The possibilities are legion - frighteningly so. Especially, where will Martin's emotions take him? So go ahead if you must. We are ready, I think.
fanficfan71 chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
A great start, a wonderful idea having Martin's Mum turn up on his doorstep. I'm looking forward to your next update.
Biscuit50 chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Brilliant bring Martin's mother into the picture. You have portrayed her perfectly. Martin and his "lodgers" are in for a rough ride I think. Look forward to reading more.
3211 chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Hi, really enjoyed this chapter, very well written and could imagine the characters expression very well, cannot wait for the next chapter (s) !

111 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8