Reviews for A Wind from Gascony
Twilight Kyu chapter 13 . 5/27/2012
Finally I manage to get this far.

Sorry for the late review, I've been busy lately and I had trouble keeping up with the story here.

All in all, I find that it's pretty good even though I don't know much about the Three Musketeers. The drama is written well here, it really got me.

Keep it up!
Arithanas chapter 11 . 5/14/2012
Oh, pangs of guilt distiled in nightmares! Good one.

Raoul had Athos's spending habits: "I spend all I have, and I only have what I spend", that boy really need an economy class.

Poor Toni, she's in a big dilemma
LadyWallace chapter 10 . 5/1/2012
Another great chapter! I loved Athos matchingmaking session, even if he was a complete ass about it :P It was funny. Aramis is going to have to spill his secret eventually before it kills him. I liked how Raoul found the sketch of Toni, he's so in love And even though the archangels are so very evil, it really is sweet how they care for Phillippe. Can't wait for more, as always!
Arithanas chapter 10 . 4/29/2012
The horse insult wasn't the most subtle choice, Athos was real angry and drunk.

Nice breakdown of M. Pomefort and I liked Raoul's behaviour.

I felt for Toni dilemma.
LadyWallace chapter 9 . 4/23/2012
Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, I've been busy. Great chapter though. Poor Philippe, at least now he might get a chance at some normal company, but I can't see the Archangels giving up looking for him very soon. And I have a feeling Toni's disguise isn't going to last much longer. Poor Raoul too, no wonder he can't stand blood. It would be just like Athos to take him to a slaughter house to try and "cure" him. Never one for subtle methods :P Can't wait for what's next!
Arithanas chapter 9 . 4/22/2012

Now, do me a favor and don't left me wondering if the Archangels are to find the boy, if Athos would devote himself to drown his sorrows and if Aramis would ever confess himself to his friends. Also, I'm looking forward to see how Mazarin will solve his puzzle.

To sum up, keep writing!
Arithanas chapter 8 . 4/22/2012
OH MY! How come Athos didn't drop dead on the spot? Alternatively, how come Gerard is still a live at the end of the chapter?

I love this resolute Raoul and you find the perfect reason to dress him up.

I'm kind of worried, just one chapter to go and there are too many loose ends... Good news? You got yourself a regular reader!
Arithanas chapter 7 . 4/22/2012
How perceptive is this Marie!
Arithanas chapter 6 . 4/22/2012
I'm starting to like your group of dubious morality...
Arithanas chapter 5 . 4/22/2012
I must admit this turn of events is well managed, a nice way to lace the books and the movie.
Arithanas chapter 4 . 4/22/2012
"We're too old for this, Aramis…" Athos' voice wheezed from somewhere. - They were too old for that at the beginning of the story! lol!

Good Lord! It's only chapter 4 and I'm getting feed up with Raoul's little trouble with blood.
Arithanas chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Dear paunchy Porthos! To big and heavy for this world. Aramis running from a couple of nuns was funm but Athos and Raoul's part was kind of sad.

I'm not counting d'Artagnan dead yet. Not until I see a body
LadyWallace chapter 8 . 4/9/2012
Wow, the drama in this chapter was really painful to read. I'm feeling really bad for Raoul here. A son only ever wants his father's respect, and Athos is so stubborn. This has only made the matter worse ( And I can only imagine what Aramis is feeling right now with that realization. I'm foreseeing contention between the inseparables. I think D'Artagnan needs to come back and get them all back together again. And Phillepe is lost now too. Yah, no one's plans are going very good, are they? Can't wait to see what happens next!
lilgenious chapter 7 . 4/1/2012
I hope that d'Artagnan sees some sense now ;-)

I love the way this story is going so far! Toni does need her father, especially since she saw his would be murderer. Poor Athos though. I mean GĂ©rard seems like one of those characters that seems spiteful. I cannot wait to see more of the adventure you're going to put your readers on.
LadyWallace chapter 7 . 4/1/2012
Ooh, the intrigue! Poor Athos indeed. I can just see him wanting to shoot himself having to listen to Gerard for hours LOL :P And the Archangels are the ones who "killed" D'Artagnan? Interesting... And now there is poisoning happening and all. This story just gets more intriguing as it goes on. Poor D'Artagnan having nightmares, but yay, for Mama Rosa slapping some sense into him! He's been very bad not letting his own daughter know he's still alive! As always, can't wait to read more!
44 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »