Reviews for Holding On To You
kayrockit chapter 36 . 4/26
This was my first THG fic and wow, I got so lucky. What an incredible story. Cinna and Katniss are my new OTP. Great job!
kayrockit chapter 22 . 4/26
Katniss is being selfish again, what a shocker. Cinna deserves better than this and Peeta's insistence to keep her away from him is abhorrent.
kayrockit chapter 20 . 4/26
PEETA! But Cinna. CINNA.
CayStar chapter 14 . 3/7
I’ve read this story so many times and the end of these games gets me every time. You root so hard for Darren and are just crushed when he doesn’t make it. But that’s what makes your writing so brilliant- it’s so spot on and fits that world perfectly. I’m a district citizen ready to rebel after that :’(
lovergyrl100 chapter 21 . 4/10/2017
you know what? if peeta and katniss get together, I swear to God I'll... I'll... idk what I'll do but I'll do something
SairaRose chapter 36 . 11/13/2016
I don't often review, because it's hard for me to put what I think into words. It's hard for me to explain what a story makes me feel. Creative writing is easy. Explaining my thoughts is not.

After reading your story, however, I knew I had to try.

This is the first full length Hunger Games fanfiction I have ever read, and any I read after it is going to have a very, very hard time ever measuringup. You took Katniss's ordeal and you reshaped it into something so intense, so creative and yet so Katniss and with so much of the feel and spirit of the actual novels that it was like reading something the original author may have written. I love how you remained true to Katniss's inner struggles with her emotions, and how you gave us all a good look into her weaknesses, her growth, her less than admirable qualities and those qualities that made her a leader. I love how you placed Katniss in the shoes Peeta filled in canon, and showed us what it was like on the other side of the wall, the torturous side, in such a seamless way that it did not feel fake at all. I read Katniss's brainwashing, and it felt real. Not taudry. Not fake.

I also love how you wrote about the Hunger Games as well. It was thrilling and horrific. I found myself hoping Alice would survive, and then crying when Darrin did not. I found myself raging at the screen when Victor was trying to rape her and staring in horror as Prim explained to Katniss that Emmi and Ashley had died. You did not pull your punches when you sacrificed people, but you also gave those who did not have it in canon a chance to flourish. Finnic, Annie, Cinna. You breathed life into those who never got a chance to truly live it, and you took from us those who had to be taken in order for those lives to make sense.

The flow, the complexities, the feel of this story. I cannot find more words to praise you for it all. I will probably end up reading it again. This was such a brilliant, masterfully written and heart-rending piece of art. You have a talent. Please always share it with us.

Now, I have just one question.

What was that long whistle thing in Alice's pack really meant for? XD

Allie
paolatrevi chapter 36 . 10/21/2016
I loved this story so much! You are a wonderful writer and I just couldn't get enough of it. I read it all in a day! Thank you for sharing your obvious gift of writing with us.
Guest chapter 36 . 4/21/2016
this was a super awesome story
Guest chapter 28 . 4/17/2016
Kill her, Katniss!
Guest chapter 27 . 4/17/2016
dude, kill plutarch for being such a bastard, HOW DARE THEY PUT HER THROUGH THAT AGAIN?!
Guest chapter 23 . 4/17/2016
you live to kill me, don't you? ToT
Guest chapter 22 . 4/17/2016
god, this is a nightmare for cinna!
Guest chapter 21 . 4/17/2016
you are amazing, my heart broke for cinna!
Guest chapter 19 . 4/17/2016
you are an excellent writer, I was on the edge of my seat
Guest chapter 17 . 4/17/2016
this is such a horrible heart breaking chapter