Reviews for Burning Bridges
wryter501 chapter 1 . 4/8/2014
i love the idea of merlin coming to arthur in a calm moment to confess the truth... i think you've got new-queen gwen down very nicely - we never did get to see her as anything less than confidently royal - and the boys' banter, too...
i liked the confession/reveal, it felt natural, not just a list of 'times i saved your life' or 'times i screwed up with the best of intentions'... i'm not convinced about merlin's brief show of temper, and i did rather expect him to speak up in arthur's defense when gwaine came in and started arguing, but we'll see where it goes from here... i kind of thought this was a situation merlin tried to avoid by keeping the secret also - if he's banished, he can't keep protecting arthur...
Guest chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
Go Merlin! And Gwaine! great!
cindy4651 chapter 1 . 10/1/2013
Wow! Go MERLIN! I haven't seen exactly this scenario, thanks!
xBookEaterx chapter 1 . 9/29/2013
Wow. I loved the way you put the magic reveal part, that Merlin doesn't break apart completely, but he says "you don't know of my power" ooooh yeah, baby!
LinBates chapter 2 . 9/10/2013
Very good first half of a story, but I'm afraid I don't see this story and its supposed sequel, "Shredding Destiny," as separate stories. In fact they are the same story, just part 1 "Burning Bridges," and part 2 "Shredding Destiny!"
yay chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
Gawain was wonderful in this.
anita4869 chapter 2 . 1/19/2013
This was so different to what I'm used to read that it really got my interest. Which is strange, as lately I only read fanfics in order to get over the end of season 5 and this plot doesn't really help... But I find it original, interesting, well written and I really want to know how it will continue, so I think I'll start reading Shredding Destiny straight away. I just hope everything will end up well in the end :)
Solar07 chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
cool
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 2 . 9/20/2012
Interesting. I liked your view on this and found it quite entertaining. :)
AnkhianMorePork chapter 1 . 8/24/2012
That was really awesome. Can't wait to read the sequel
Ocean Mint Leaves chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Wow, this was just...wow.
At the beginning I was beaming like crazy, Arthur's ranting was too cute! And the puppy line was specially adorable. Then, well, Arthur went prattish and everything went to hell. But dude you managed to make it heartbreaking and at the same time so beautiful! And I sincerely love Gwaine even more after this.
Then, BAMF! Merlin never fails to deliver and this one was fantastic. I love how it was actually a desperate plea of understanding instead of just showing off but it was clearly not the best course of action. Damn Arthur and his stubbornness and yay! for Gwaine and his awesomeness. I love how you write him, the lines are just so in character that it makes my skin crawl.

Overall, really amazing! Although it made me sad...poor Merlin. :(
Flavio S chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
I was dying to see some fic like that. Merlin showing of who he really is to Arthur. Excellent!
bluespiritgal chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Awwww...it was a great story...you should do a sequel
Charged Lightning chapter 1 . 7/31/2012
Thank you for this! It's nice to see a reveal fic not have a happy ending. And I loved how Merlin destroyed Arthur's chambers.
Reverie Indigo chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
This was great! Somehow I missed it before. Now on to the sequel!
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »