Reviews for Shipping Up To Boston, Part 3: In Plain Sight
lalalalee chapter 14 . 5/14/2014
I would die for more M 'for violence not sex' rated stories from you guys. antonias line? katrina and the waves? my heart!
DarXe chapter 14 . 8/3/2012
So far, I think I like this one best. Going to start the next tomorrow. :)
Lavenderangel chapter 12 . 6/20/2012
I'm pretty sure this is the most badass chapter in the history of the universe. Territorial! Maura might be my new favorite.

"This is our man to man talk."

Hottest. thing. ever.
icepikk chapter 14 . 6/9/2012
And so it comes to a satisfying close - though perhaps some of my contentment rests on the knowledge that I am only a click away from starting another completed work by the two of you! Thank you again for sharing your work, and for bringing your readers along in the writing process, as well. It's fun, and we can all use a little more of that.
icepikk chapter 13 . 6/9/2012
Brophy is a great character, and you use him as skillfully here as Jane uses those chess pieces. He's right, of course, but the way he does it... well, I am very fond of this man, which of course means that you're going to drop a house on him. So it goes - I'm sure you'll do him justice. Good game.
icepikk chapter 12 . 6/9/2012
God, I love a powerful woman. That is all.

Okay, no, that's not all - this is me, after all. Love the banter in this one. The timing works, the language snaps and crackles - you buy that these two are friends who really enjoy interacting with each other (in addition to enjoying eviscerating Dean). Also, finally addressing the Home Jane/Work Jane/Girlfriend Jane dynamic in a way that allows Jane to actually reintegrate herself - very nice. Have to say that the 3 rules and 3 Janes conversation was also one of my fav. flashbacks the first time around, just becuase of the importance of that dynamic to character development. Compartmentalization has its place, but the sides of the box were stunting her, and it's good to see her break down the walls. While hospitals have a way of forcing the issue, she had the choice to force it back, and didn't. That matters.
icepikk chapter 11 . 6/8/2012
"The way you smile makes me understand why they launched a thousand ships." Feeling that way is one of the best things about being a (slightly butch) woman who loves women, (much as I prefer to be Odysseus coming home to Ithaca rather than the kings doing battle over Helen - I still get the concept. Some women are worth it being fools for.) Damn it that it never comes out that way - Jane, I feel you.

"Like the extra birthday surprise Jane had gotten this year. Not something to be shared with everyone, sneaky, but well researched and appreciated." Oh, if only we knew. You are both teases.

"And just like that, Dean was reduced to errand-boy." You've really got to love Maura's etiquette Tai Chi. And her ability to use evocative language and knowledge of predictable patterns of cause and effect. And, of course, her last line in this piece. I've said it before - Jane may wield the guns, but Maura is the dangerous one of the two... which, of course, is why I find her (and women like her) so damned hot. *grins*
icepikk chapter 10 . 6/8/2012
I love this chapter. I fell in love with it the first time I read this fic, and when I've felt guilty about not reviewing (remember, that was the week of my car accident), it was this chapter I thought of with regret. The little wake-up sequence was charming by itself, but became something special with Jane observing Maura's exploration of her hands - that's a lovely little intimate moment that says so much about the two of them... Maura's detail-oriented nature, her tactile tendencies, her curiousity mixed with tenderness for Jane - and, of course, the boundary that Jane dropped to just let her do it without discomfort.

But much as I love that sequence, what really stuck with me was that cabin in Maine. I have daydreamed about a place like that - I campaigned in Maine awhile back and fell in love with the place, to the extent that I dream of maybe honeymooning there - and the way you describe this cabin is the kind of haven that intense types (like myself, like Jane) so desperately need recover after we've run ourselves into the ground, and also to really be able to let ourselves go - it's a great insight into Jane's character. And yes, I really like that this is Maura's space, full of things she has collected and loved (details like the Iroquois outfit are perfect, just that little something special), and that it is completely untouched by a decorator - it is a space to be enjoyed, but not for people who need to have an image crafted and presented to them. It's an authentic place.

I haven't read the fic after this yet - obviously - but I really hope the cabin makes another appearance (even if my reviews the first time around certainly didn't earn it!). The way they are here was so important to your creation of their relationship, and I'm glad to finally be able to tell you that these scenes have stuck with me. I dream of Islesboro.
FaBbEr0oZ chapter 14 . 5/17/2012
Will there be more? Le gaspage. There has to be.

Well written and I love it. 4 thumbs up.
Khbrake chapter 14 . 4/26/2012
Fantastic story. Great job! I do think that giving a more fluffy story in the line up would be great. Also, the coming out stories of Jane to her brothers and Korsak and Frost. The crime and everything was fantastic as well. Kept me intrigued the whole time. I appreciate the time and energy you guys put into this whole universe. Thank you so much for sharing!
sophiesdreams chapter 14 . 4/1/2012
i just have to say that this is the most amazingly written series of stories. i think that you are missing your calling girls...unless your both already considering being professional writers! ive been reading these for days now, could hardly put them down long enough to sleep haha...please keep writing! and soon :)
Aerows chapter 14 . 3/30/2012
Excellent story - one quibble. Lagavulin White Horse 16 isn't $400 per bottle, it's more like $600 per bottle, and in a bar, to buy the bottle, it's going to cost double that.

But it's nice that you brought out the good stuff.

And you did with this story, too. You brought out the good stuff that we all like to read :)
hheath541 chapter 8 . 3/13/2012
Curious, because either it's not stated or I missed it - Did the pregnancy scare happen before or after Maura came out to Jane? It doesn't really matter, I'm just trying to piece together the timeline, in my head.
hheath541 chapter 6 . 3/13/2012
Yep. Maura has every right to be pissed, and Jane can do nothing but sit and wait it out. Maybe some I'm-sorry-I-lied-about-your-father-being-dead flowers. I'm pretty sure Hallmark does not make a card for that situation.
hheath541 chapter 5 . 3/13/2012
Poor, clueless Maura trying to hide everything, and not knowing she doesn't have to. Jane gets points for being cute and lovey in front of her mom, but loses a few for almost sending Maura into a panic attack.