Reviews for Midnight Chatter
DianeB chapter 1 . 6/4
So happy to see a Calendar Girls category! Nice job on this story. You captured both Ruth and Cecilia's voices well, especially Cecilia's surprise that there would be a single man in Yorkshire she didn't know about. Good job.
OSUSprinks chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
I love that you wrote a fanfic of a fanfic. I'm not sure there is a higher compliment! Wonderful story!
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Quite a revelation to find there's now a Calendar Girls category (Lucida Bright's aptly named "Glorious" was the sole CG-themed story I'd read before this one).

Ruth seems to draw her fans, but I like the inclusion of Celia here, and the use of the hotel setting, and the paranoia about the connecting doors.

I think it's in character for Ruth to put on a brave face, and that things wouldn't tie up neatly, but there's also more she needs to say and do. Sequel?
griseldalafey chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
*squee* You wrote a Calendar Girls fanfic! I *love* that you have Celia in it, because I find her one of the harder characters to write. (A bit like Mary from Downton Abbey - I can never seem to write her down either)

Their dialogue was just flawless.

And anyway, this is Hollywood, not the Magical Kingdom far far away where all your dreams forever come true."

I loved this line, I think it captured Ruths humor so wonderfully. The difference between Ceilias confident optimism and Ruths insecurity is very clear. In my mind all the WI girls are just thrilled that Eddy is finally out of the picture. Thankfully Yorkshire isnt *that* big of a place!