Reviews for A Deal with God
moonshadow2012 chapter 2 . 4/24/2014
Great story :DD Love the friend-bonds, the loyalty, the sacrifices, and Hector. Oh my gosh. This is brilliant.
Ani-maniac494 chapter 2 . 2/26/2012
""We have unorthodox methods," Michael explained though feebly, he knew, not to mention it was a gross understatement of the "disruptive" in their title."

Lol, that's one way of putting it. :D

'He didn't know what was draining him faster, blood loss or dehydration from fever. If he wasn't so determined to keep moving, he might have stopped to think about which one was killing him."

*winces*

"Casey then saw Billy crumple first to his knees then to the ground, dropping his gun. He frantically ran over to him."

Lol, I had a feeling he was going to get hit again.

"Billy was regaining consciousness.

Rick was slipping into a coma.

Billy was off the ventilator.

Rick's infection was spreading, his fever rising."

Oh, boy. Poor Rick.

"It was all about pain. Sadly, for him, it was all too familiar. He had treated it as just another day at the office."

I love the wry humor in that.

Fabulous work as always!

Ani-maniac494
Ani-maniac494 chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
"Rick saw Billy mouth "Go. Get out," before he closed his eyes, before he went silent, as if to give him permission to leave him, that he knew he was gone."

Wonderfully heart-wrenching.

"His body wanted to writhe and thrash, but Billy knew even through the pain that he couldn't do that, would make Samuel's job that much harder and would make things that much worse for him so he grappled the sides of the bedframe tighter and straightened ever so slightly, trying to find a focal point of resistance that would allow him release and still give Samuel as steady a surface to work through as he could."

Poor Billy.

""Long as I don't spring a leak then, I should be just fine," Billy joked weakly."

Lol!

"I trust you. Trust is the most valued between agents like you and me, yeh?""

Aw. :)

""Brave men die. He died and left us. Who's going to protect us now? I don't want you to die, like he did, Billy." Hector begged."

Poor Hector!

"Billy had never been told that he was a bad liar. Lying was his stock and trade and he had applied it effectively on many missions, deceiving the most deceptive and intelligent of people, assets and enemies alike yet this innocent young boy had challenged him on his veracity."

Lol! Smart kid. :)

""The bad men, they have Samuel!""

Uh-oh...

*happily goes to read the next part* :)

Ani-maniac494
Faye Dartmouth chapter 2 . 2/23/2012
I love rereading this story :) You put so much wonderful stuff in here. I mean, the total angst at having to leave Billy behind is wonderful - and then Rick's determination to get him back, even at his own peril. I can just see it happening that way.

And then you have Billy's side of the story, with his commitment to surviving and putting aside his pain in order to repay Rick's dedication with his own.

I love these characters as you write them and it makes me miss this show again!