Reviews for The Let Down
MinervaMcGee chapter 21 . 1/12
Excellent story! Thanks so much for sharing your work! I love E! stories!
FlaFan chapter 21 . 1/3
Great support to one of my favorite episodes! Applause, applause!
A great story with a great ending. Thank you!
HeroWorshiper chapter 21 . 1/1
Excellent story. I have to admit, it was so good, at times, I had to stop reading, and reflect on the actual episode, and decide if a particular event was or was not part of the original episode. Now, that is what I call a suspension of disbelief.

Your descriptions of a gaunt, thin, weakened Johnny were graphic enough for me to summon up an actual physical sense of the man himself. I felt as if I could almost reach out and rest my arm around a waist that is too slim, or wrap my arms around shoulders void of enough mass. There is a sense of knowing here. I felt the quiet strength and dignity of the man when your words describe how he always made eye contact when he spoke his truth. I think your writing really captured so much of the essense of Johnny.

The inner turmoil of Roy's struggle, and his displacement of his feelings around his private battle, onto Johnny and JoAnnw ring true for what type of man I always thought Roy was. He wanted to do the right thing by getting the promotion, and more money, for his family; but he loved being a paramedic, and wanted to stay where he felt fulfilled. The guilt he felt over his desire to do what he wanted, versus what he thought he needed to do would have created the conflict.

Such a well done piece. Great work!
Gottahavemyncis chapter 21 . 12/30/2016
Wonderful, thank you!
Pandaboo704 chapter 21 . 12/30/2016
I just started to read this story so had the pleasure of getting to read from Chapter 1 - Chapter 21 without any delays. It was an EXCELLENT story. You got the characters spot on.
Dianne chapter 21 . 12/29/2016
Congratulations on finishing this wonderful story! It has unfolded beautifully, with the tension building between Roy and John very raw in misunderstandings that each took as mutual contempt for their positions and fear of future abandonment. You successfully explored Roy's marriage as it related to greater income versus personal happiness as well. I liked when Roy studied Stoker's position after the fire and contemplated that he would feel sidelined in the same position while still valuing Mike's tremendous worth and acknowledging that Mike desired the position from the beginning. Your story's more in depth study of wage versus self worth and happiness was heartfelt; the show touched upon the unfairness placed on paramedics who wished advancement but you hit it out of the park. I really like stories of conflict between Roy and John because in the show, the resolution was very 1970's manly man, which was fine but your modern approach is refreshing and expanded to include emotion that was sort of taboo in television men then. And, you did it all with keeping them all in character and not childish. Thanks for including all of fifty one and Rampart. Life gets busy and I'm thankful you were able to finish and over the years your challenges have given us more stories in a fandom that shrinks as we get busy. I appreciate all that you have given to readers like me.
Rosemoor chapter 21 . 12/29/2016
Another wonderful story. Thank you for finishing it. Do you think you will finish "Little Boy Lost" and "The Phantom's Payback"? I am looking forward to reading new chapters for those stories.
Piscean6724 chapter 21 . 12/29/2016
Kudos! Bravo! Way to go, Ginger!
Var Devonshire chapter 21 . 12/28/2016
Awesome end. Will miss waiting for the next chapter. ;)
larapp chapter 20 . 12/25/2016
Good story, really enjoying it... looking forward to your next update!
Thanks for sharing.
Guest chapter 20 . 10/3/2016
is more coming? is johnny going to rampart and living or dying in roy's arms?
MinervaMcGee chapter 20 . 8/28/2016
Oh my gosh, what a place to end a chapter...pretty please , can you please update this? Thanks so much for sharing your work! This is an awesome story
chasingmavericks chapter 1 . 7/5/2016
This is really really good! Please update soon!
starlight guardian chapter 20 . 6/30/2016
I wish I could wave a magic wand so you would have more time to devote to your fiction. It is excellent. You never fail to capture my interest, there is enough detail to the story that I feel like I am there as it happens. You know the characters and I can hear them in my head saying the dialogue. Very entertaining and so worth the wait.