Reviews for U is for Unhinged
Var Devonshire chapter 1 . 12/17/2013
Wow, you really could feel the heat and the desperation of the character. I loved how you left him unnamed so the reader could fill in the blank. Nicely done!
Striker chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
I'm just to lazy to log in, but i like this!
God's Soldier With A Message chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Loved it! I've been going over the Emergency archives and I love looking at all the stories, seeing how you said this could be for anyone we want it, I thought of my fav; Mike Stoker. The reason? You wrote (qouting Cap) "...I've never seen you like this before...you're usually so unflappable."

Anyways, I liked it!
Enfleurage chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Tried to review this about a dozen times yesterday but stupid site kept timing out.

Loved this, and especially loved you keeping the POV character anonymous. He really could be anyone. And frankly, if it weren't for the oversized boots, the Cap could be any FD Captain (okay, the boots and the fact that he sounded just like our Cap)

Great description and pace. It conveyed a real sense of urgency.
Bamboozlepig chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Cool story, Kel! Glad you made the narrator anonymous so that the reader can decide for themselves who they want it to be.
Ariane Rivendell chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Wunderbar! Edgy and intense! Love the idea that this could've been anyone. Vivid descriptions - LOVE the race down the ladder. :-) Fantastic!
HeroWorshiper chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Whoa, that was intense! The description was so vivid; I could almost feel the searing heat on my own neck and wrists. And….that dive down the ladder, wow! I suppose I never thought about someone doing that, but it would be possible…..though hair raising.

I could easily put Johnny or Roy into that picture. Rescue men after all, they’d be the guys who would most likely be searching a burning building.

Great little one shot. And…I don’t think your hogging the letters. Just filling in the gaps. Keep it up. Your pieces are great!
jada951 chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Ah! the letters have been so much fun, I don't think you were hogging. Besides, I thought I read at the crossover site that they were going to start all over again after this set was done.

As for who, instantly my mind thought, Johnny.

It could have been Roy, but the other guys, nah, because

they aren't usually on search and rescue.

And that's one freakin' hot fire to melt the helmet!

I actually read a sad thing in fire nation news earlier today.

2 firefighters died in a blaze and one of the things that melted was their radio.

Turns out there are no national standards for something like that. I would have thought differently. I guess all the gear that is on the body is dictated by OSHA, but the other stuff, not so much?

Even if the radio would have worked, it still wouldnt' have mattered, I think they said. They were caught in a bizarre type flashover where the fire was a floor below, they were heading down the steps and an upstairs window blew, making an instant "chimney" for all that heat/smoke/fire to climb.

Tragic stuff.

not to be a downer. sorry.

Wonderful story though.

I probably mentioned it before, but this has been a wonderfully fun writing exercise!

Avirra chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Nice story viewpoint. One might even say Unique *g*.
arkagy chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
but its so much fun - and this was a super story. hog away!
robertwnielsen chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Love it. Great depiction of a fireman's (or possibly paramedic's) terror during a fire run. Great job, as usual. :)

Loved that line "I stayed curled up on my side, partly because who wants to lie on top of an air tank, and partly because the fetal position is really comforting when you've just had the life scared out of you." - And the addendum about needing to change his pants. Yeah.
Ginger S chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Unabashedly Unique Use of U! and as Usual Upped the bar of Excellence!