Reviews for A Marvelous Thing
SuperPenguinLovesHerEdog chapter 1 . 1/27/2013
Apparently much of coulrophobia stems from young children watching clowns play tricks on people and acting "mean" however their faces are always smiling which does not match their actions and causes the child confusion and fear which keeps with them. that and clowns can be kinda freaky if you ask me...not afraid of them but they can be creepy and i was a clown for a short while...cant believe i just admitted that
JenniCDS chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
My theory on the fear of clowns is:

Wait for it...

They are Evil

Awesome story by the way! Super cute!
TraSan chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Wonderful tag, Karen! I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Crystalzap chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
heh _' I can't actually see something like that happening.
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
This was awesome! I was holding off reading it because I had my own short little tag in the works and didn't want to inadvertently filch something. I finished and posted mine tonight so I couldn't wait to come and read yours. And I loved it as I expected I would.

I too thought of the Slinkly advertisement jingle and almost used it as well. LOL
Sparkiebunny chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Sorry for the delayed review! Just watched the ep last night. It was soooo good! A nice relief from angst and a beautiful depiction of teh brothers' relationship down to its core. I know some were displeased with it, but I personally thought it was one of the best eps in awhile.

Ok, now that I've been long-winded abotu the episode, time to be long-winded about your awesome story!

The opening was great, the imagery of Sam's agility and running, along with the jingle. The description of the clowns and what was happening terrified me! And I'm not usually afraid of clowns! *shudders*

"Who else, man? Slap Happy the clown?"

...Such a Dean thing to say!

And your author's notes were both awesome and relevant! I agree with both clown-phobia theories and that clip...Geez, nearly put me into and incurable laugh-attack. Looooove J.C. (by that I mean Jim Carrey, not Jesus Christ, though I love him, too!) adn Ace Ventura is one of my faves! I love those movies so much that in Spanish, we got to pick new 'Spanish' names, one of which was Ventura. I picked it, and have gotten teh whole class to call me Ace instead! I put "Ace Ventura" on every worksheet!

Sorry for the rambling...bottom line: Awesome fic. Please write more. :)
Peregrinus chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
This was awesome! Thanks for the great read. :).
Marianna Morgan chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Awww...poor Sammy. This kinda made me sad. I know Dean gave Sam his jacket and meds, but I still wanted more comfort and less (almost insensitive) teasing. Ugh. Anyway...you must go where the muse takes you, yes? :)
spnMom chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Great tag to a great episode. Thanks for posting. I would love to have 10 more to read like this.
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Interesting tag to this episode.

You made me feel sorry for Sam as he suffered through his nightmare and then while Dean teased him. I kept hoping Dean would stop.

I did like Dean loaning his jacket to Sam to keep him warm and when he worried enough to give his brother pain pills.

It was cute how excited Dean was about his slinky.

I hope that Sam repeating "happy thoughts" and holding Dean's jacket helped him sleep without anymore nightmares.

Always love seeing an alert for a new story from you.

Thanks for sharing another one with us.

Until next time, take care.
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Poor Sam - clown nightmares and big brother teasing too.
detroiter stranded in tucson chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
...you are really awesome..as are your fics...
LS chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Very nice story. I do not have a fear of clowns but I found their portrayal in this episode to be very scary, almost "It" scary.
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Very cute, Karen. I doubt we will ever know the real reason Sam is so scared. I adored all of Dean's creative nicknames and his childish joy at having a slinky.
hotshow chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Very good story. Thank you.