Reviews for There in the Shadows
Meew3 chapter 1 . 5/24/2014
Wow... there should be more of Lestrade in the show.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
Thank you so much for answering that questions. This was awesome! I know you are prob tired of hearing that but it is the truth.
AnyaMaia chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Lovely!

AnyaMaia x
DoctorHolmes121 chapter 1 . 12/29/2012
Brilliant story. I really enjoyed it :) Thanks for writing!
Lady Sam Mallory chapter 1 . 8/14/2012
Wow. Remarkable story. I absolutely loved it and therefore will make it my last read of the day. I always love to read something substantial, well written and completely spot on in the characterizations.

Thank you for sharing this with us. The imagery is beautifully done as well. There aren't enough kind words to say about this story and what a fantastic job you did writing it.

I really needed a phenomenal story today. My week's been CATFU (completely and totally f'd up) so you brought a smile to my face and I really appreciate it.

Thanks for the awesome read.

LSM
WhiteFang001 chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
more?
owl-eats-waffles chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
Beautiful, powerful, moving and incredibly clever- I love the idea of Sherlock hiding among his homeless network.
spinner12 chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Well written. Very in character. Nice continuation of the story.
Anon chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
Fantastic, as usual!
imaginativefig chapter 1 . 2/17/2012
Fantastic, as usual! I know I can always count on you for my Lestrade fix. ;)

The whole section where he's being stabbed & gasping on the ground is so raw & heart-wrenching. I'll admit, I was close to tearing up when he offered "Sig" money, just asking for his ID.

Being in medical training myself, I really appreciate the medical terms you put in; definitely adds to the realism of John's thoughts. :)

I only have one tiny nitpick on this: you stated "Lestrade was fast reaching the point at which each inhalation would cost him more effort than he possibly could expend. He was quite certain he'd never, in all of his hardworking years, worked as hard as he was doing now, just for oxygen, and not nearly enough of it." John refers to it as "respiratory distress." But technically, not enough air to support life respiratory *failure*. John would see that from miles away, due to his years in emergency medicine. But, as I said, it's a tiny detail & nobody but an EMS worker would notice :P

Enjoyed this very much; hope for more soon!
editor frog chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Wow. You're *sure* you've never written popular suspense fiction?

I'd never know it from reading this story. It was *that* good!

As per usual, you've got Lestrade in a fix. (You really do like putting him through the wringer, don't you? *wink*) But I really like how you show both the determination of both our favorite DI and doctor in their pursuit of proving the world (and Moriarty) wrong: that Sherlock is as brilliant as was advertised.

Love the nod to the gun; you and I both know Lestrade never missed that in "A Study in Pink."

I am in love with your use of mood and atmosphere; you make your point about Lestrade's savior without ever coming out and saying it. (I also like what you intimate about the Homeless Network. It would make sense he would go to them for help, seeing as he cannot go to his usual channels.)

I do wonder, though: when you write here that the Yard has (pretty much) forsaken Lestade, do you also mean Donovan and Anderson? It would be an interesting tangent to see those two (especially those two, really) decide that the DI was not as on top of his game as they thought. For me, it would solidify an opinion of them I've had for some time.

Would be very interested to see Lestrade consult John on his "side project." After all, I do think they (along with Mrs. Hudson have lost the most with the fall. Would also be interesting to see what Mycroft has to say regarding the "side project": after all, brother dear *is* the one that got them into this mess in the first place. At the very least a glimpse into John's opinion of the man would be lovely.

Wonderful, wonderful work. Looking forward to more!
a-few-of-these-verses chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
This is very good. I shed a few tears in it!
mischief7manager chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
I love everything that this story chooses to be.

On a more serious note, I'm fascinated by the role Lestrade plays in this incarnation of Sherlock; obviously, there's reluctance in his asking for Sherlock's help, but Moriarty at least counts him as one of Sherlock's friends, so where does that leave him?

Judging by this story, in very good hands.

I love it.
Hekateras chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Loved this. Lestrade's grief and determination to find the truth, Sherlock and the homeless network coming to his aid... All very bittersweet.
Kedi chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Love Lestrade!whump, not gonna lie. :P Very good, very dark, but with a sort of light of hope in the midst of the darkness.. Love it! Kudos!