Reviews for The better man
I love this FF. I really don't like Gale but I've read so many fanfictions that portray Gale as jealous and possessive (which in many ways he is) that it's nice to hear his POV about Katniss without him seeming a 1 dimensional jerk. Still don't like him but loved this fanfiction
cassieerin chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
Poor Gale. I never knew if I should actually feel bad for him or not. I want to know how much remorse he feels over his actions, how much he actually cared for Katniss, or if he just cared about the idea of Katniss.

Anyway, very lovely view of Gale and what he goes through. Nice!
emarina chapter 1 . 8/13/2012
I'm not a big fan of Gale's, but I love how you wrote his POV. Thanks for sharing.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
I don't like Gale. I really don't. Even in the first book, I didn't like him. The second book made it a bit better, but then in the third book, he became a total jerk. And he 'killed' Prim.

But this story makes me feel almost bad for him. He really cared about her. I almost want to wonde what would happen if Gale had been chosen.

Almost.

Then I remember that I despise Gale and his anger and possessiveness, and remember how he killed Prim. Then I just feel sad for him.

Almost.

SG
Texas-Devil-Or-Angel chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
I don't know if Peeta is the better man of the two, I certainly like him better but this was a great POV. Very well written. Thank you so much for sharing it.
fdhkliyrewaxvbvsqwgipnds chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
:)) stop making me feel bad for Gale.. :P i love you. I'll buy your books in the future. Hopefully you'll stay under the same pen name.
MiaSaliha chapter 1 . 3/2/2012
I thought that this was really well written, even with a few grammatical errors.

After reading Mockingjay, I wondered what happened to Gale. And I do like how you filled in the holes in Suzanne Collins' story with your own imagination.

Well done.
ZkKtTysoul chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
I think Gale's thoughts sum up the whole story. I really like this POV, putting everything plain and simple. Thanks for a great read.
TheWeekendSinner chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Aww this was really nice. Heartbreaking, though. :( POOR GALE.

The paragraph about him thinking about Katniss's daughter was beautiful. (That girl's eyes could've been gray. Not Katniss' light grey eyes, so light they looked almost blue under certain lights, but the stormy gray of his own eyes.) :'(

- (If he was going to lose her, he might as well have a memory to torture himself with.) That is SO Gale.

And his incentive for getting Peeta back - because he knew that'd make Katniss happier - was so nicely written.

(He dared to think that maybe she'd chose him.

Prim died. Prim died with a bomb he had created. His hands were covered with her blood.) My heart shattered into a bazillion pieces. :(

Wonderful way to end it too. Great job! :D
drali11 chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
This was really good! I loved it alot and wished SC would have left us something in the end like this about Gale cause' it's like he just disappered! Good job! :D
Talvana chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Loved this! As simple as it was I thought it was beautifully written and I'm a sucker for a good fic about Peeta being wonderful Peeta. :)