Reviews for Regrets
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Very nice. You wrote second person well. I've never attempted it myself, but I would imagine it's harder than it looks.

I like Ginny in fanfiction. Well, more than i like her in the books for some strange reason and I think this is very believable. No spelling/grammar errors either, so well done.

I really liked it.
Wintercearig chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
The reason I came to read this was because I was interested in how YOU view Ginny's character. I, at this point in the books, see her as having a very similar mindset to what you portrayed in this piece. I know that I'm supposed to leave constructive criticism but...uh, I don't have any. I actually REALLY like this.

The second person perspective illustrated Ginny's thoughts in an interesting manner. The repetition was good and definitely effectively portrayed how much she was kicking herself, so to speak, in those few moments.

I think the only differences that you and I genuinely seem to have in reference to Ginny's character (judging by this fic) is that you believe she changed a lot before sixth year when she started dating Harry, and I think that the Chamber incident haunted her a lot more than she let on (something that she said to Harry after St. Mungo's in OotP shaped her character for me, and it was about what it felt like to be possessed).

Definitely an enjoyable read, so thanks for sharing.
Selenehekate chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
I adore the ending and the mental berating that Ginny goes through. I also love how you wrote the entire thing in second person point of view! That can be very challenging, and you did a great job!

You are this week's winner in the 200 Things I'm Not Allowed to Do at Hogwarts Challenge! Congrats! The next chapter will be up hopefully by tomorrow, so check back!
FloatingCloudBadger chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
I really like this. I can imagine that Ginny was very angry with herself, like you show here, about the whole Chamber of Secrets thing and how she'd put others into danger as well as herself. I like the idea of Arthur sitting her down to teach her about things as well, I can really see that happening. I find it difficult to imagine Ginny referring to herself as a Slytherin as an insult, though, because I can't really imagine her being prejudiced in that way? Maybe that's just me, though, and this really is lovely, and I loved the end. Good job :)
dontyoucrynomore chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
Oh, I LOVE this! :DD

It's so wonderful! You really manage to capture Ginny's feelings in this. It's great! I especially love the last two lines. Great job! :D

~SCYS
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
I like this a lot. I think the 2nd person works really well, you've used it brilliantly, and it's impressive that you've managed to keep the flow with it, because it's quite unusual. And I think these are exactly the thoughts that would be going through Ginny's head at this point, aww I feel so sorry for her! Anyway, well done for the awesome writing :)
LoopyandLovely chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
So, I'm not really a big fan of 2nd person but this sounded interesting so I thought I'd give it a read. I think you've got Ginny down pretty well, and I like that she's worried about her 'Slytherin-like' tendencies. I like that you show how her crush on Harry affected her decisions and overall this is a very nice piece, it flows well and is very realistic. I didn't spot any spelling/grammar mistakes. Well done :)
iambookworm chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Aww! LOVED IT! :D Perfection 3
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
This was extremely interesting. Ginny's inner monologue is very realistic, considering what she just went through. I like that this is in 2nd person; I think it works very well with the tone of this story. I enjoy the idea of Ginny having a Slytherin-like side to her as well - it's something that I've toyed with in my head but I haven't figured out how exactly to do it. I can picture Ginny berating herself after all of this too, like she did, and also I can picture how Arthur taught Ginny things that Molly didn't think were right for a young girl to learn. That's very realistic. Ginny is relatively in-character, at least I think so. I didn't notice any spelling or grammar mistakes, and this was written very well. Nice job.
HeadlessHuntsman chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
I think you did an overall good job for your first attempt at a 2nd person story. I do think you pulled off her being insecure and self loathing very well. I find her overly believable or true to canon. It might not have been you're goal to make something canon in which case as it stands on its own it is a good story.
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
You did a great job with the 2nd person point of view. And I think it is fitting that you chose to do it with Ginny right after the Chamber of Secrets incident. It's a little creepy because you can still kind of sense Tom Riddle's grip on her mind the way she talks down to herself. I love all of the examples of why she should have known better like her father's warnings and Fred and George's experiments going wrong. There are a couple of spelling errors but besides that this is well written and I enjoyed it.
VictoryNike chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
I love this story because the way Ginny feels, that she should have known better, is something everyone can connect to. The way you portrayed her mentally berating herself really captures the emotions. It's really unique and fun to read. :)