Reviews for Madoka Magica: Into the Darkness
Deltahalo241 chapter 5 . 10/6/2014
A few problems I had with this was:

500 year old Magical girl? they usually don't last more than a year.

The Incubators having emotions, Kyuubey stated that it didn't have emotions, they also don't have genders

It also felt like it was moving a bit quickly towards the end.
Villain84 chapter 4 . 12/20/2013
Oh, another thing I forgot to mention. Early on, I was a little annoyed that the magical girls "died" even though their soul gems were still intact. But then later on, you addressed that and tied it in pretty well. So good job with that!
Villain84 chapter 5 . 12/20/2013
Just read this thing start to finish, and I. Freaking. Loved it!

I loved the first setup, how the five girls were all friends and working together, and how you added Hitomi to the team. I really liked that. And I think you used an interesting method to explain how Hitomi became a magical girl.

The story was pretty well-written mechanics wise as well. And the dialogue seemed fitting, almost never forced, and all the characters were portrayed in character pretty well.

All the scenes were very well-described, all the pain that Sayaka was going through in the first chapter I remember clearly still. You did the horror element there very well, along with leaving many scenes on cliffhangers.

I like how you had a few civilian killings as well. Added to the suspense and horror. Same with the parts where it kidnapped Sayaka to use as a concubine.

I like that little subplot with Madoka where she looses her cool and almost becomes a witch. Glad to see she came to her senses though.

I liked all your OCs. I think you incorporated them very well into the story. Nice to see a story with good OCs. So Jaina was a retired Magical girl? Is that right? That's the impression I got. I liked her, she seemed like she was a mentor for Mami in her day. Glad she was so knowledgable about the Xenomorphs and was able to help. Kanon and Sera were enjoyable too for their reasons. Interesting having them being american magical girls and coming to Japan. I like that idea.

The fight scenes were pretty good too. Although I do find it a bit of a stretch that this many magical girls would have this much trouble with one xenomorph. I don't know. The fight with Homura was lovely. I like how you made it grab onto her shoulder to counter her time-freeze. And the final battle was fun as well. I thought they were all going to make it, but then I realized it's Madoka Magica, and I guess it is a little realisitc to have a few casualties on both sides in this situation. It was still very intense and very well written, especially the showdown with the Queen, and led to a bittersweet ending, with a bit of a cliffhanger with Sera and Weyland. (PS: No grave for Dachee or Kyoko?)

I loved this last chapter when you brought in a predator! Sh*t REALLY got real here! Dachee herself was a likable character, and plus, you made good use of the Predator language and I think you got creative with how they broke the language barrier, and had the two species work together. I also like the relationship you set up between the Predators and the Incubators. The ideas you had for that were really good. And I actually liked Antsubey! I loved how she spoke to everyone and how she ticked off Kyubey like a real sister! That was hilarious!

You know, I was worried at first because I saw that this story wasn't marked as complete, so I thought you didn't finish. But it is; you ended on a very satisfying note I think.

Only thing is we still don't know how that egg ended up getting mailed to Sayaka. Either there must have been a mishap with the labels, meaning the Yutani-Weyland Co. has Sayaka's bike, or someone meant for Sayaka to get the egg... I wonder...

So overall, LOVED this story! Great job, my good sir! I tip my hat to you!
Art chapter 5 . 3/27/2013
It was a nice ending, though damn I really thought they were going to survive this!
Art chapter 4 . 3/27/2013
Wow, you just took this story to Urobuchi's levels with that revelation, he must make Sayaka the host of the demons on the next movie! Heheheh
Rhavis chapter 5 . 7/20/2012
I now laugh my ass off.
Master Sayaka chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
It's good to know that I'm not the only one who's pitting Magic Girls against Xenomorphs, among other things...
Number Six-Sixtysix chapter 5 . 3/17/2012
Argh - I know this is the wrong thing to be focusing on... But it's driving me nuts! How can they still be around if Homura has already gone back in time? Once she goes back, she changes things, so none of this should have happened or still be happening - the only way to justify this would be to claim alternate timelines, etc... except that is more 'dimension hopping' than true time travel, and does not allow for the combined misery of a thousand Madokas to be concentrated in one, as those thousand Madokas are all seperate people, not the same one over and over again. Think Groundhog Day - that's what Homura does every time she fails Madoka, just over a longer period.

Anyway, regarding the actual chapter - I feel it went past very quickly. There's at least two, maybe three chapter's worth of content here. However, I notice you haven't marked the story as 'complete', so... I am interested to see what's left to deal with here.
Number Six-Sixtysix chapter 4 . 3/13/2012
Well, this _is_ an interesting chapter. I most certainly did _not_ see that work-around. And it does work - clearly, if Weyland is hiding to avoid a PR nightmare, they won't rename their more recent acquisition. But they will continue to develop it, so as to maximise their profits. If they are successful (and we know they will be), when Weyland decides to re-establish itself, Yutani brand name recognition would be quite high, and therefore losing it would cause a significant loss in their profits. As such, the most viable option would be to merge the two companies.

And glad to know we both share the same low opinion of the Japanese government's respect for human rights.

With regards to the soul gem, I am now starting to regret voicing my opinion on the matter - because _damn_, that's just not right. On the other hand - Yay! Homura's back! I'm sure she has some interesting toys she can use now that she better appreciates how much of a threat this thing is (on that note, I reckon she costs the Japanese defence force more than anything else. Seriously, she stole an MLRS, as well as all that other stuff!).

Wait, what? You have Magical Girls being attacked by Xenomorphs - and you're only now saying it might get weird?

Unfortunately, the problem with driving your readers mad with curiosity is this; If you've given them _any_ identifiable traits, a quick Google search reveals it to us (by the way, I can't wait to see their reaction to the Magical Girls... or better yet, Kyubey)

... Wait... Do _they_ have an Incubator? Oh... Not good.

Okay, I concede - this is getting weird (in a very scary way).

So, let's see where you're planning to take this, shall we?
Number Six-Sixtysix chapter 3 . 2/14/2012
Okay, well, an immortal/nigh-immortal Xenomorph still isn't quite _that_ bad. Especially if it chooses to nest in Mitakihara - the Japanese government could use it as an alternativeto the death sentence (Spend a week in the ruins of Mitakihara, and go free). I am slightly irked by the idea of killing a Puella Magi whilst leaving the Soul Gem intact (I was under the impression that the soul was placed into the gem so that the body _could_ die, and they'd just heal from it... or turn into witches in the process of trying). I am also slightly irked by the fact you killed Homura - her 'reset' button she has activates every time she fails to save Madoka. Considering all the people who are still alive, I would say that the whole Walpurgis Nacht thing hasn't happened yet, so dying now would be considered a 'failure'. And you can't argue that this is a timeline where she failed and moved on, as that theory of time travel is more 'dimension-hopping' than time travel, and also does not allow for the suffering Madoka goes through to build up from each loop, as technically then they would all be *different* Madoka's.

However, what most irritates me is that you have bankrupted the Weyland Corporation. Bear in mind that the Weyland corporation at some point has a merger to turn into the Weyland-Yutani Corporation in a few hundred years. That could only happen if the Weyland Corporation survive to _make_ the merger.

Anyway, asides from thosse points of contention, I like the way this story is developing, and do want to see more.
Fellow Sufferer chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
Tough luck for Sayaka. Even if they kill the thing, and reunite the Soul Gem with her body, she won't be able to return to her life now that she's been declared dead.
Number Six-Sixtysix chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
Ser, if this is your ticket to Hell, I would be honoured to travel with you. There is just something about dropping Xenomorphs on an unsuspecting fandom that I find unusually appealing - and the less capable a fandom appears, the more I enjoy the ensuing chaos. Having read some of your other works, I know I can expect _quality_ death, chaos, and destruction.

I am also interested to see how you will deal with the problem that there is only one drone running around the city. Yes, it's a nasty critter, but unless it can produce a hive and procreate, it shouldn't be much more of a problem for the city than your average uncatchable, serial killing psychopath (bad, but not apocalyptic).