Reviews for From Hell's Heart
Skilgannon White Wolf chapter 1 . 12/11/2018
Sorry, "Cubist" not "Cultist".
Skilgannon White Wolf chapter 14 . 12/11/2018
Ignore "The Cultist" I love your story and she's far from too heavy plotted. I bade you good luck, if you intend to finish this story someday.
The Cubist chapter 14 . 10/27/2018
This fic suffers from Tolkien syndrome: a greater interest in history and cataloging than plot.

The world building is dense, detail driven, and meticulous, thoroughly recontextualizing Mass Effect lore into a new AU structure.

However, it does so directly at the expense of plot and character development. For example: in 75k words, we did not learn what Shepard’s mission is nor what she thinks about it. The closest we get is her feelings on batarians and the war. Garrus is reduced to a dog chasing suspicious cars. All we know of who he is in this world is that he hates waiting.

There’s probably a good story to be had somewhere in the depths of all this nuts-and-bolts setting history description and detailing, but it’s not within this fic.
Thewhitewolfofchange chapter 6 . 9/30/2018
I keep having an idea for a fic where the reapers are basically delayed for a thousand years and humanity gets to colonize and build up for a longer amount of time to where its to powerful to accept being anything less than a council member so it goes the other route and forms its own counter group to the council does things like giving the batarians a regime change and helping the quarians take back their worlds to found their own group
Zarroc789 chapter 14 . 7/27/2018
I just devoured this story I really hope it's continued
Anon chapter 14 . 7/5/2018
If no update in the form of a chapter is forthcoming, can we at least get an update in the form of how the next chapter is coming along or not? Are you even still working on it? You could at least put us out of our misery. This is a great story and it deserves some sort of ending. Even if it is a simple “discontinued”. Please let us know what is happening with you and the story?
2Xenos chapter 14 . 5/20/2018
While I hope that the author be well, I can't avoid deplore the lost and almost certain death of this excellent story that was one of the best,ME stories.
EvilTheLast chapter 14 . 3/26/2018
Good update.
Wanderer101 chapter 14 . 3/9/2018
Garrus chuckled before singing the code phrase. "I am the very model of a scientist salarian!"

"Access Granted." stated the computer before unlocking the files.

Maelon sighed. "I should have expected as much. Despite his brilliance and being the best mentor I could have asked for I reeeally hate his sense of humor."
Pteaset chapter 1 . 3/5/2018
I like it
Guest chapter 10 . 2/21/2018
If humans can blockade the relays for weeks at a time, that would seem to have strategic importance.
Guest chapter 2 . 1/16/2018
turian would destroy humanity for one good reason technolohy less than 100 years in mass effect tech vs more than 1000 is quite a difference
FlackAttack chapter 14 . 12/24/2017
Seems unlikely now that we’ll be getting another chapter this year, but I’ll keep asking my questions about your new universe(which I still love, even more that the original), in hopes of one day seeing them answered. So my thoughts today where on dogs. Are they still used on the battlefield by Humans? What do Turians think of them? What do other aliens think of Humanity’s close relationship with dogs? Etc.

Also how goes the Alliance pursuit of Cerberus? In my own fanfiction of your fanfiction(in my head only) I imagine that Garrus attempts to apprehend Shepard in an ambush, but is surprised himself when a third party, an alliance operative(new awesome character introduced) also attempts the same thing and all three end up in an epic shootout in which no party walks away happy or with what they wanted.
kagehisa chapter 14 . 12/12/2017
Having played all the Mass Effect games and understanding the whole goddamn hypocrisy of the Citadel and the unquestionable urge fire a mass-accelerator round down thee Turians' collective throats for being such imperialistic fucktards, I really enjoy this take on humanity fighting these kitty-birds.

I hope you continue. This is fun.
Guest chapter 14 . 11/19/2017
So I’m a longtime follower of this story and I’m hoping that we’ll at least get another chapter before the end of this year or else all of 2017 was a complete write off. Please man, get something, anything, out there.