Reviews for From Hell's Heart
TorrentAB chapter 6 . 9/28
If there’s one thing about this story that almost makes me choke, it’s the humans working with the batarians out of necessity. You are absolutely right and portrayed everything perfectly, but that doesn’t make it any easier to see in practice, especially since I always run more towards the “glass the planet” approach when it comes to the Hegemony. Never have I seen a time when the phrase “War makes monsters of us all” was more true
Thanks for the chapter though! Really enjoying everything so far!
MRFlackAttack chapter 14 . 7/16
I was listening to musical numbers and came across “The Impossible Dream(The Quest)” from “Man of La Mancha” and I immediately thought of this fanfiction. It seems to fit your character of Garrus, someone trying to do right as he sees it, but hopelessly out of place in the world he finds himself in, but struggles on nonetheless.

Can you please return, or give us an update on the story and your own situation.
Tony McNucklz chapter 6 . 2/21
this is the best portrayal of the batarians I have ever read. it empbodies the truth of the concept that evil does not identify itself as evil. it merely views its atrocious nature as normal, and those who oppose its ways as being the true aberration. most writers just do the usual "ew slavers conquer them immediately with barely any inconvenience" bit, showing the batarians as a universal caricature of sadists in all presented characters. this is a far more subtle, and therfore horrific interpretation that sends chills down my spine.
well done. it's not often someone manages to portay such repulsive practices without stepping into caricature territory.
AlwaysChillin98 chapter 14 . 2/19
I have to say, I stumbled upon your story quite by accident. And I'm glad I did. It's so good and your writing is so engaging. Everything seems so well thought out. Sad to see so much death for seemingly nothing. You'd think after 50 years that they'd at least try again, stubborn fools. Wish you the best and I hope you haven't completely abandoned it, been a while since the last update unfortunately. Still need to see Garrus and FemShep get together
Skilgannon White Wolf chapter 1 . 12/11/2018
Sorry, "Cubist" not "Cultist".
Skilgannon White Wolf chapter 14 . 12/11/2018
Ignore "The Cultist" I love your story and she's far from too heavy plotted. I bade you good luck, if you intend to finish this story someday.
The Cubist chapter 14 . 10/27/2018
This fic suffers from Tolkien syndrome: a greater interest in history and cataloging than plot.

The world building is dense, detail driven, and meticulous, thoroughly recontextualizing Mass Effect lore into a new AU structure.

However, it does so directly at the expense of plot and character development. For example: in 75k words, we did not learn what Shepard’s mission is nor what she thinks about it. The closest we get is her feelings on batarians and the war. Garrus is reduced to a dog chasing suspicious cars. All we know of who he is in this world is that he hates waiting.

There’s probably a good story to be had somewhere in the depths of all this nuts-and-bolts setting history description and detailing, but it’s not within this fic.
Thewhitewolfofchange chapter 6 . 9/30/2018
I keep having an idea for a fic where the reapers are basically delayed for a thousand years and humanity gets to colonize and build up for a longer amount of time to where its to powerful to accept being anything less than a council member so it goes the other route and forms its own counter group to the council does things like giving the batarians a regime change and helping the quarians take back their worlds to found their own group
Zarroc789 chapter 14 . 7/27/2018
I just devoured this story I really hope it's continued
Anon chapter 14 . 7/5/2018
If no update in the form of a chapter is forthcoming, can we at least get an update in the form of how the next chapter is coming along or not? Are you even still working on it? You could at least put us out of our misery. This is a great story and it deserves some sort of ending. Even if it is a simple “discontinued”. Please let us know what is happening with you and the story?
2Xenos chapter 14 . 5/20/2018
While I hope that the author be well, I can't avoid deplore the lost and almost certain death of this excellent story that was one of the best,ME stories.
EvilTheLast chapter 14 . 3/26/2018
Good update.
Wanderer101 chapter 14 . 3/9/2018
Garrus chuckled before singing the code phrase. "I am the very model of a scientist salarian!"

"Access Granted." stated the computer before unlocking the files.

Maelon sighed. "I should have expected as much. Despite his brilliance and being the best mentor I could have asked for I reeeally hate his sense of humor."
Pteaset chapter 1 . 3/5/2018
I like it
Guest chapter 10 . 2/21/2018
If humans can blockade the relays for weeks at a time, that would seem to have strategic importance.