Reviews for From Hell's Heart
Anon chapter 14 . 9/20
This waiting is killing me. Why do all the good writers take so damn long. I've read this series over and over hundreds of times, how much longer can it be. I'm begging for an update. The setup is perfect. I'll even take an intermission chapter, anything to keep my sanity.

Shepard vs Vakarian: Round two!
FlackAttack chapter 14 . 6/13
Call me an optimist, but I'm hoping for another chapter this month.
NewWorldFiction chapter 14 . 6/5
Honor Harrington references much?

Nonetheless this story is quite good and I will look forward to future additions.
Luxiur chapter 4 . 5/20
Brilliant characterization on Saren this chapter! It really helps me see how tragic his story was in ME1. He could have been a hero.
Luxiur chapter 2 . 5/20
I love the amount of effort you've put into the worldbuilding here!
FlackAttack chapter 14 . 5/17
Once your done following Garrus and Shepard around, who will you focus on next? I think you made Saren into an interesting and sympathetic character, anything interesting going on with him? Maybe another human character, a young spy or admiral on the opposite side of this war or case. Or maybe something way out of the box, a minor character you've wanted to expand on, like Wrex, the council or the Quarians, or a major one you've been waiting to introduce.

I'm not saying I'm bored, this plot line is just about to get very interesting. I'm curious to see if the Quarian survives the crossfire that's about to breakout? Will Garrus be beaten and humiliated again? I'll follow whatever line you take because I have zero complaints about what you've written this far. Whatever you think is best, is best, it's your story. But I think you can also change the focus for a while if you want to, let loose you creativity on another storyline.

I'll say it again, I loved the bigger picture stuff you threw in, and the human culture, thank you. I normally hate it when authors go heavy on their codex and timeline, but I can't get enough of what you're writing. Keep it up!
Tjuparulla chapter 14 . 5/16
Amazing story!
Toothless is best chapter 3 . 5/15
i think you have a mistake in this chapter. when you sayThough no species took active part in war, trade and economic lines had developed, drawn between the Turians and Citadelon one side, and Humans ,Terminus Systems , and the Hierarchy on the other." didn't you mean Hegemony?
Thank fucking god. This fic is among the best. Please keep updating.

Given that you seem to like the "Humans in alien eyes trope" like I do, I strongly recommend Cap'n Chryssalid's Psi Effect and X-COM/ME crossover.
FlackAttack chapter 14 . 5/13
Loved it from start to finish. All the info I could ever ask for, and a question answered on the fate of Mordin. Also glad to hear what the hell the STG are up to. So much to digest, I can't wait for the story to move forward. I've imagined the encounter in the Kiradon system a dozen different ways, I'm eager to hear your telling of it.
Aotearas chapter 14 . 5/12
YES! An update, finally. I had already feared the fic was dead.

Keep up the work!
Eterna1Soldier chapter 14 . 5/11
Well, what a unexpected and pleasant surprise! I was quite shocked to see this in my alert list. Glad to hear from you again my friend.

It's great to see that this story hasn't been abandoned. Although I sort of drifted away from the ME fandom, this fic is still one of my favorites. Seriously, sometimes I like to think of this as head cannon.

Had to reread through all the chapters again before reading the new one to refresh my memory. I think you've nailed down Mordin's and Maelon's personality down perfectly (and Garrus too, for that matter). And as always, one of the things I love about this story is learning the cultural, economic, and political implications of the war and humanity's arrival on the galactic stage. It all just seems realistic and thought out.

I had to laugh at Mordin's conclusion od his five year study: 'Humans are insane'. Indeed. Our nonlinear thinking and emotionally-driven lives has its advantages. But is it worth the cost? Always hard to tell.

I have a question (feel free not to answer): Is this a reaperless universe? Just curious, since we haven't really heard anything from them.

Really glad to see this updates and hope to hear from you again (hopefully much sooner!). Thanks for the update.
Brilliantly written, artistically crafted. This is what all literature should amount to in the very least.
CelticReaper chapter 14 . 5/11
FranticHamster chapter 14 . 5/10
always forget about this story and than it pops up in my alert box as a pleasant surprise.