Reviews for Given In Evidence
CynthiaER chapter 19 . 2/17
You are a truly gifted writer. At several points throughout this epic I was struck mid-sentence with awe and had to re-read it to savour its value. Finding that level of talent is not an easy task so I want to ensure that my appreciation is communicated.

This story got at an aspect of Sherlock's character that is very intriguing - his perception of himself and how that relates to feelings/giving in to his body when he's a man whose entire sense of self is centered on his mind. My favourite parts were from his perspective as he tried to piece together what was happening and what he wanted.

There was great tension and depth between him and John. I really liked how you got at aspects of John's character that are realistic but had yet to be addressed, particularly his desire for control in the bedroom. When the writing is superb one can experience the characters' journeys right alongside them and I felt in-tune with each of our protagonists as they rediscovered themselves and each other. The combination of lust and emotional investment was perfect. Thank you so much for writing this wonderful story. I will definitely be reading more of your work!
"Truly, Mycroft would make a wonderful Lady Bracknell..."
I like many things chapter 17 . 1/22
You have such joy in you. He's like... like a disapproving dowager!" He sniggered, remembering the play they'd taken Mrs Hudson to see. Truly, Mycroft would make a wonderful Lady Bracknell, although John wasn't so sure where he'd stand on the issue of handbags. Not that he wanted to know. Far from it.

HOW?! HOW IN MOTHERFUCKING HELL COULD YOU KNOW THAT?! HOW?
Magpie09 chapter 17 . 1/19
Good grief, this chapter is so much more special in context of what we just discovered in S4 of Sherlock... Mycroft did in fact play Lady Brecknall!
FanaticallyInLove chapter 10 . 1/1
I've only really read the first part of this chapter but the way you portrayed Sherlock's thinking was Genius and I love it!
TS chapter 19 . 12/29/2016
I come to this story again and again and love it more with every re-read! Your characterization is wonderful and I absolutely love your style of writing. Hopefully some day you come back to write in this universe. Peace!
Dina C chapter 19 . 10/4/2016
Kudos on an amazing story. I read it all today. Wonderful mystery, romantic storyline and outstanding character development. I especially appreciated the perfect proofreading job Ms DeVere did. Thanks for a marvelous read.
shookenuppepsi chapter 19 . 8/29/2016
Very cute story. The angst was heart wrenching and perfect, especially John's near suicide ideation during Sherlock's absence. I love that you were able to bring them together, but kept them idiotic about how to actually say what they want/need/feel aloud.
Guest chapter 19 . 8/20/2016
Fantastic story, thank you!
Lella42 chapter 15 . 8/4/2016
You had me almost Fall off the Couch laughing at this:

"Look, I promise not to get more emotionally invested than I already am, OK?" That was easy since it would be virtually impossible, short of him turning into a Time Lord and suddenly having an extra heart to deal with the overflow.

I adore your stories, and this one is just so perfect so far. The way you describe what is going on in their heads, and always the realizations! It's as if I were on a journey with John and Sherlock, I love it. Cannot wait to finish reading. Thank you for this!
Hesperis chapter 19 . 6/12/2016
Really nice story.:)
I like how you can stay true with the character of the person.
morning sun chapter 19 . 6/9/2016
You have completely monopolized my time as of late, not that I'm complaining. This was fantastic! Very sweet and well written.
MrsMetta chapter 5 . 5/29/2016
Dear Verity, I might do proper reviewing later, I just really wanted to mention right here, that the way you can describe 'just one kiss'... Not only here, in your other stories as well... It actually made me rediscover kissing. I thought you might appreciate to hear that you helped someone with your writing. Please accept my deep gratitude for that, and in general, for your energy, time and soul that you put into your stories. I safely think I can speak in the name of a lot of readers: you warm our hearts.
Patti LaBella chapter 19 . 2/15/2016
Thanks for this lovely story, Verity. Love Mycroft bashing the Johnlock party.
AWhiterShadeOfHedgehog chapter 19 . 2/8/2016
Well, I'm very impressed by your story. It wasn't at all what i was expecting when I started reading it, the fact that John was so... dominant almost put me off continuing, but by then I was quite captured by the characters and decided to give it a try anyway. I'm very glad I did.
Smutty but tastefully so, just enough drama and very good insight into the characters' minds.
Well done! And thanks!