Reviews for The gift of life
shinzona chapter 13 . 7/6
While reading your story, chapter after chapter, I was literally sucked into this wonderful duo of Dégel/Kardia.
Too sad this story didn't find its heartbreaking ending.
And it's been like more than 6 years already ? I hope you are doing fine, bye bye, and thanks for this magical story.
Rainstorm-Mosspath chapter 13 . 1/21/2014
This fic is fabulous! It's hard to find such long and well written LC fics in English! I can't believe I didn't find this one sooner!
ultrameteo chapter 13 . 1/1/2014
I don't usually review, but I feel compelled to write this one. Not just for this chapter, but for the whole story thus far. It's been a while since you last updated and I had to go back and read from the beginning to refresh my memory. I enjoyed reading your story immensely, though I had to look up a dictionary from time-to-time (English is not my native language and reading it is like reading Shakespeare to me). How I like the way of storytelling in which their evolving relation is unfold with the greatest details, every feeling, every gesture and every thought down to the bottom of their mind. One cannot help but going through their very own sweetness and pain, passion and desperation, fear their fear and share their joy. Reading the story and coming to emphasize with Kardia and Degel, and watching their lives wind up towards destruction, is a tragic and most upsetting experience, but this means also a very success writing indeed (thank you MMBC!). That said, I would generally steer away from SS fanfictions of sad endings, for knowing the glorious but fatal destiny of the saints in the original work, and adore and admire them for whom they are,
how can one not hope for some even made-up happiness for those heroes? But I can't turn away from such serious writing, which is rare, and be it tragedy or comedy, I enjoyed it as I did Unbroken, or Odyssey and Illiad. Pardon my broken English, but I'd like to thank you for the excellent writing, and I shall look forward for the final chapters with a grave heart (but I will still like them anyway!).
Ale-chan chapter 13 . 12/28/2013
YAY!

Update! Jaja! I was thinking about this fic some days ago and I was wondering if you would keep working on it, and I'm glad you are!

Once again, Manigoldo was great. I just think you portray him perfectly: mean but somewhat kind... in a very psychotic way.

It was so sad to see Dégel being so lost without Kardia. -.- Very painful. I admit that when I read this chapter, I was feeling very, very blue (I had to spend the holidays away from home), so you made me cry jaja! That is why I didn't write a review earlier... I just kept sulking for a couple of hours after I finished it.

Thank you so much for sharing your work with us, because with it you are able awaken so many feelings within ourselves.

I'm sorry if my review is not very clear. ' I'm tired and my english is not very keen today.

Either way, thank you once more. I hope I can read you soon!

Please take care.
Akatsuki Celeste chapter 13 . 12/27/2013
::melts:: I just... they're so...agh. No words. Just no words. This chapter was well worth the wait, exceeding all expectations and hopes that I had for it. Your narration is beautiful; your imagery is heartbreaking. I want to take Degel and Kardia and tuck them away in some abandoned cabin in the mountains, where they can live their lives out in peace with no "real life" getting in their way. They deserve it so much. My fingers are permanently crossed in a hope that these two will get the happy ending that they so richly deserve, whether in this life or the next. They're so wonderful; they break my heart with their sweetness.
Akatsuki Celeste chapter 12 . 8/30/2013
::melts the last scene:: I think this was probably one of the best chapters in this. I want to hug them both so much, they've been through so much and they're facing so many obstacles. And the mental images of the last scene just make me melt. Also, Manigoldo is awesome. :D I look forward to the next chapter, whenever you're able to get it done!
SiningStar chapter 12 . 7/30/2013
It's great to see you updating again, honey! Welcome back, and keep up the great work that you make3!
Ale-chan chapter 12 . 7/28/2013
Oh, gods...

Everyone is going to die, isn't it? XD Don't take me wrong. I expected that since the beginning and I believe you said it yourself: there is now way this is going to have a happy ending. But this is the first chapter I really have that sense of... imminent destruction. XD And it was AWESUM. Angst is great. I have always admired those that are able to write it (because I suck at it).

I specially liked the first part of the chapter. The interaction between Kardia and Manigoldo felt amazingly natural: aggressive yet somewhat kind. It almost made me ship them jeje.

Thank to you for your great work. I'll be looking forward for the next chapter. Please take care!
Guest chapter 11 . 7/21/2013
Ohhh God... every episode brings more pain and worries.
Degel is becoming mad, Will he do something against his brother?
Has Kardia lost all the hope for them to remain together? Hmmm T_T

Nice to know you never forget us, the readers, after a lot of time without news about this fic.
Kind regards!
Akatsuki Celeste chapter 11 . 7/9/2013
Oh, man, so much emotion wrapped up in this one, I don't even know where to begin. I love these two, I love their connection, their devotion. I love how protective Degel is of Kardia, how tightly their lives are entwined with one another. And don't worry about how a year-long hiatus may have affected your writing! I adored this and can't wait for more.
Ale-chan chapter 11 . 7/4/2013
Oh, my!

You are still working on this! This made my day!

Thank you very much to keep this up. I really thought that you had abandoned it. I'm so glad to see I was wrong.

-.- Such an emotional chapter. But it was interesting to read a near psychotic Dégel instead of a Kardia. It worked amazingly well.

...

I still hate Unity. *coff*

Thank you very much for this update! I hope to read you again soon!
Kenouki chapter 10 . 9/22/2012
Ohhh, Dear! HUGS!
I can't bare the actual conflict _
Whoever results the winner of the duel just gonna make Degel-kun suffer.

Why Unity can't change his mind? Please make him understand... Kardia and Deger are meant for each other... and even their time is limited. T_T

I really love the way you write each episode, you put so much effort to depicct the details and the feelings... oh... these feelings. Overwhelming.
I'm preparing myself for more anguish and that fragile rays of hope for those two.

Kind regards!
Akatsuki Celeste chapter 10 . 9/4/2012
::anxious:: Oh, as usual these chapters leave me with a twisted stomach of worry over what will happen next. Oh, Kardia!

Beautifully written chapter, by the way, I think everything was portrayed quite wonderfully. I'm not good at writing this kind of formal speech myself, and I envy your ability to do so. I look forward to the next chapter.
Aletheia McCarthy chapter 9 . 8/27/2012
Shame on me ! It seems forever since I last reviewed your story, but each time I read a new chapter I need some time to clear my head (and then I forget).

I don’t even know what to say that I have already said. Your characters are so true and their emotions so intense, it sounds like poetry. I really like the way the plot is heading, there is no escape for them, especially for Dégel.
The way they met as children is touching, too. Life have us forgetting a lot of our childhood, I kind of found myself in Dégel when he realises who is Kardia.
I’m always pleased to find a new chapter of this beautiful story, I really love the way you write.

Thank you again for sharing this with us !

Alétheïa
Akatsuki Celeste chapter 9 . 8/27/2012
Oh, such drama... though quite nice seeing Degel put Unity in his place. I can't help but worry that that might backfire on him, though... oh, this story could go in so many directions for our boys. ::nervous::