Reviews for Bask in the Shadow
Lyra chapter 20 . 10/16/2013
Harry's a bastard. My morbid and angst/tragedy loving side wants Draco to go cuckoo again just so he can see what a little shit he is. No, actually, almost all my sides want that. I hate him. And I hate Astrid. Lucius not so much, he's mostly pathetic. But I for one know I truly hate Harry. Being all smug and "I know you were unfaithful duh uh", bitch, you kidnapped and forced an -obviously- demented person to marry you (and also beat the shit out of them, even if they did ask, that's not something you do if they're not in a position to consent such behaviour!) and then after that person decides to try and play happy family and etcéteras, truly tries, you go all i've-got-a-stick-up-my-arse-sensitive-yet-passive- agressive little wifey on them. Rotten piece of shit he is.
Christ. I swear I wanted Draco to be able to live happily ever after. But obviously not with Harry; he doesn't belong in that happy alternative. I want Draco to snap out of it, send all to shit and run away with Cal to... Peru wtf, ANYWHERE but close to that psycopathic so called "family" of his.
Couldn't he just STAY dead for fuck's sake...
Sorry for the overexcited review. I've got a lot of feels and mental illnesses make me quite anxious. Also, I know this was last updated last year and I don't like commenting on incomplete anythings that have been untouched for that long, but I just needed to share my feels or else I'd have blown up (after all, I HAVE been reading this for a good 4 hours removed from my sleepy time) As for the whole fanfic, I like the first half. When Draco shakes off the catatonia and is like "let's get shit done" it seems like two completely different fanfics; from that point on, the different characters' involvements change, Draco changes, he seems artificially eager to please (and sane!?). Asha was nice to read up until a little sooner, then she became a ship-enabler-mary-sue. Ron all but disappeared and Richard went from overprotective I'll-die-for-you best friend to background noise. Also, many things are lacking, what's up with the Weasleys? Hermione? Why doesn't Ron meet his children? Is he still working? Why is Harry lollygagging all day in the manor? It all seems quite two dimensional.
Consulting Shippers chapter 20 . 1/2/2013
Ooh, Draco in a secret passage. I wonder who (Or what) he's talking to and it's starting to make me a little worried for some reason...

Aww, Draco, you're not a pansy, you just care.

Yes Draco, why do you sound ashamed when Scott asked you if that flicker turned into a flame? ... Okay, I get why now.

Aww, Scott.

This was sad, but you did warn me a little that it was going to be, so yeah.

Really liked it even though it was sad. Please update soon!
borderlinecrazy chapter 20 . 1/2/2013
Harry's obviously sick with something permanent and slow. Was the blank look because he too has AIDS and doesn't want to give anything away? Or because he didn't recognize it since he's been out of the muggle world for so long? If he doesn't have AIDS, since he's sick, is it cancer? If it is, since Draco doesn't have it, well he can't be too damn judgmental about fidelity then can he? Hypocrite much? Especially since Draco thought Harry was dead, while Harry *knew* Draco was alive.

There's far too many secrets. Draco, who is still suffering, is being pushed so hard to make all the concessions, suffer all the judgments and losses, all the while no one is giving him any incentives other than Harry and his daughter - whom aren't really being given as offered, because of how they're holding back and treating him. Draco pretty much hates his father, hates the wizarding world, and hates the manor - yet he's giving in on all three of those for Harry. Where is the reward? In the cruelty offered by his 'family' in the lies of omission and other casual betrayals?

For all his putting Harry on a pedestal all these years, and all Harry's supposed great love that kept him looking for so long - Harry really does NOT deserve Draco. Not if he's treating him this way.
Guest chapter 19 . 11/12/2012
borderlinecrazy chapter 19 . 11/12/2012
Is Lucius going to get the fuck over himself and realize that while Harry might be his son-in-law, and might have been his substitute son, DRACO *IS* HIS SON and Draco needs him? If he'd stop fucking judging him and pushing him away, he might eventually have a son again, if not - he won't. Unconditional love and support - that's what being a father should be. That's what he's giving Harry, and good on him for that. But DRACO needs it too. And it appears, like always, Draco's shit out of luck.
Someone needs to kick Lucius's ass and wake him the fuck up before he really does lose his son forever.
Pontythings chapter 19 . 11/12/2012
I want to cuddle them but I don't want to force them back together. Of the problems of a shipper.
Consulting Shippers chapter 19 . 11/11/2012
Finally, an update :P.

Good, if not a little heart breaking, sigh. I wonder what's going to happen in the next chapter...

I'm glad me got a little insight on Draco's lives, even though it hurts me to hear he was hurting.

Please write the next one soon!
Pontythings chapter 18 . 9/19/2012
*sigh* so fluffy with a sad twist
Consulting Shippers chapter 18 . 9/19/2012
Why is Draco taking medication...? It's for something obvious but I'm not paying close attention to figure it out, right?

I really, really, really, like this chapter. I just love it for some reason, please update soon and I'm sorry I haven't reviewed sooner!
Carlie chapter 18 . 9/18/2012
Awww... I really love this fic, brilliant chapter!
thrnbrooke chapter 18 . 9/17/2012
Sometimes I just want to smack Draco and then he does this one little thing and I forgive him. I'm worried. I see that Harry is worried too.
Saiph chapter 18 . 9/17/2012
Awesome Chapter.
Pontythings chapter 17 . 9/4/2012
I'm so sorry for not reviewing lately (can you believe it I got out of the Harry Potter Fandom for a whole two months!) This was so fluffy and not like the other chapters that my chest exploded from happiness! Not saying I don't like you other chapters but this was a good change.
Carlie chapter 17 . 9/3/2012
Aww... I love this fic! So cute, and absolutely brilliantly written...
Consulting Shippers chapter 17 . 9/3/2012
I really like this chapter, my favourite part would have to be Draco giving the tour, I really enjoyed that.

Well done, as always, please update soon!