Reviews for Letters From the Evolution Cast
lychee loving chapter 8 . 3/9/2012
Comrade Scott ftw!

A for the long rant about the X-Men. A for the thing about Gambit and the accent that teenage fangirls seem to speak like a second language.

A for the reference to X-Force, unless I'm overanalyzing things here and a group of hired assassins is just a group hired assassins and not X-Force.

Disappointed by the lack of Wolverine in this, though. Alas. :(
cappucinokitten22 chapter 8 . 3/9/2012
Okay, I think some of you other readers may have missed the fact that this a parody on the all the other X-Men: Evo. letterfictions on this website written by people who keep trying to tell all of us other authors how THEY want US to write.

That aside, however, this has somehow gone from quite funny to something that I can only describe as similar to a collection of journal entries written by WWII German Nazi soldiers. I'm also still trying to figure out how in the world Spider-Man got in that last chapter. Last I checked, the only team of Marvel super heroes he was associated with was The Avengers, although I am aware of the occasional cross-overs between he and the X-Men.
TheEmberRaven chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Ah! What have you done to Nightcrawler's character? Nooo, he is a catholic, and Rouge is, technically, somewhat related to him. Like, she's his step-sister or something. I dunno. Anyway, I know you were trying to make a joke, but not on Kurt. Not the fuzzy elf!
lychee loving chapter 6 . 2/28/2012
Haha. How interesting that the first half of this basically sounds like a letter from Erik. Another point of interest, how dark and unfunny it is; in part because some of it sounds like it could be true (Charles Xavier is a well-meaning but manipulative jerk who enlists child soldiers to do his dirty work D8)

Thanks for writing this, though! :)
Robyn Hood chapter 1 . 2/21/2012
Not trying to be a flame, but you're depiction of Kurt is decidedly OC. I admit I kind of take personal offense because he's my favorite. I understand you're trying to be silly, but it does come across as harsh, at least on his part. If you're going to do "letters from the X-Men" Evolution-style and have the characters complain about OC creativity (even if some of it is canon to the comics - like Kurt's Catholicism), please stick to the Evolution canon. I was hoping for a funny read and came away sorely disappointed. Again, not trying to be mean. You're free to do what you want, but I found the story one big flame to writers.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way,

Robyn Hood
lychee loving chapter 4 . 2/21/2012
PIETRO MAXIMOFF IS A JERK

wait wrong character D:

(hint hint, do an Xavier one next; his character is begging to be parodied go go go?)
Evo chapter 2 . 2/18/2012
This is really depressing
Evo chapter 1 . 2/18/2012
This is depressing
cappucinokitten22 chapter 4 . 2/18/2012
Aww, I feel bad now :-(

I had always portrayed Pietro as a villainous back-stabber, but that was mostly b/c I was trying to make him feel more menacing.

But now that someone has told me off for that in a letter-from-the-character format, I'm gonna correct that and have him go back to being totally safe, innocent, and never a threat, simply getting his butt kicked by the X-Men 24/7.

;-)
lychee loving chapter 3 . 2/17/2012
Is that an Animal Farm reference I spy

(George Orwell references in my Evo fanfiction? More likely than you think! Thank you.)

Well, what made me laugh (but probably shouldn't have) was the implication of Jean being a prude when it comes to clothes. She's the only one of the girls whose outfits in the show consistently show off her midriff (according to TVTropes, anyway. I might have missed something.)
cappucinokitten22 chapter 2 . 2/15/2012
You are my new favorite author, Artemis!

I 3 this fanfiction - I really, truly do!

Although, seriously, thanks for those images of Kurt with other guys (no offense, anyone).

Oh, one other thing, that I find kinda sad...The thing Rahne said about Tabitha, I could almost see that being true.

I feel bad now for thinking that.

But, seriously, awesome fic, though!

Love it!

~VampyP19 (its shorter than my screenname, therefore easier to type :P)
TheWritingGirl23 chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
LOL at the utter sarcasm! Loved how ridiculous it all sounded in this context, especially Dr. McCoy and Meghan Gwynn. Again, LOL!
lychee loving chapter 2 . 2/13/2012
Ohgod Megann Gwynn the crazy hipster. Can someone make this a reality before I do (and f*ck it up?) I know this is a parody but ugh that's gold right there. Suddenly need to see this.

In other news...! These made me laugh. At first I was like, I like this author's work, why is (s)he spending time on this when (s)he could be spending it on quality fic (s)he already has? But pfff it was a welcome laugh. And I guess it needed to be done!
28 | « Prev Page 1 2